On the road with Rush.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Rush was fun to see in concert.
Between 1975 and 1988, I was fortunate to have seen them on 6 different occasions, and they were never disappointing.

And like many big acts, they weren't just a band on the run, they were an enterprise.

rip Neil Peart....

Last edited:
I always enjoyed Rush my first concert was in 1977 the 2112 concert and I made it until 1981 seeing them and then I joined the army in 1982 and never was able to see them again...
The 2112 tour was the second time I saw them in 76 - we had front row in Akron Ohio. Brushed paths with them backstage when I was working at the Coliseum one year-- 79 or 80.

Between 1975 and 1988, I was fortunate to have seen them on 6 different occasions, and they were never disappointing.

And like many big acts, they weren't just a band on the run, they were an enterprise.

rip Neil Peart....

I have worked with Rush many times.

They put on a great show.

I loved working with them and cried when Neil died.

I'm glad I had so many opportunities to work with them and all those shots of Neil.

rip Neil Peart....

Lucky you. I saw Rush twice, exactly ten years apart, in 1984 and 1994. What I remember about their shows is how GOOD they sounded live as a kick-ass trio. It's hard to imagine three guys who could put out out more quality and powerful music than these three. And yep, RIP Neil, one of the most spectacular and innovative drummers I've seen. He's not my pick as all-time best drummer, but he's close. I would pick only John Bonham and Keith Moon ahead of Neil, mainly for their sheer power, especially Bonham. THE best drummer all-time, any genre, MAY just be Buddy Rich. He was just amazing with his intricate, yet powerful jazz drumming. Two more greats I have to add are Bill Bruford, of Yes and King Crimson, and Ginger Baker and his work with Cream. Baker was also a fine jazz drummer as well.

rip Neil Peart....

Lucky you. I saw Rush twice, exactly ten years apart, in 1984 and 1994. What I remember about their shows is how GOOD they sounded live as a kick-ass trio. It's hard to imagine three guys who could put out out more quality and powerful music than these three. And yep, RIP Neil, one of the most spectacular and innovative drummers I've seen. He's not my pick as all-time best drummer, but he's close. I would pick only John Bonham and Keith Moon ahead of Neil, mainly for their sheer power, especially Bonham. THE best drummer all-time, any genre, MAY just be Buddy Rich. He was just amazing with his intricate, yet powerful jazz drumming. Two more greats I have to add are Bill Bruford, of Yes and King Crimson, and Ginger Baker and his work with Cream. Baker was also a fine jazz drummer as well.

A bunch of great drummers---Phil Collins, Nick Mason ( rarely ever mentioned), Gil Moore of Triumph is awesome. ( also from Canada - and can sing)...

1621467584535.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back