On Michele Bachmann’s Must-Read List: Book On Robert E. Lee That Defends Slavery

So apparently Bachmann loves this book because she disagrees with its premise. She disagrees with it so much she signed a pledge that stated blacks were better off enslaved.

You can't make this stuff up.

:lol:

So what's wrong with reading a book that promotes slavery?

I read Mien Kampf or as much as I could stomach. I didn't agree with anything said. But sometimes reading opposing viewpoints is a good thing. Helps you understand others and how things can get corrupted so quickly.

I read a book by Alan Colmes once too.
She signed a statement that claimed black people were better off as slaves. That's what is wrong with it.

I get the feeling she was referring to them as a family.. You can't change the facts.. That being most black are fatherless and the siblings are from who the hell knows.
I could go on but I won't.. I will seem racist and I'm not. Just stating plain facts thus far.
And Ravi, Why are you so liberal? Is it the social or physical side or both you agree with?

Blues

The problem is, this 'pledge' was put in front of her and she signed it, without any independent research on her part. She just took the report's word for it, uncritically.

Wow, talk about lying. You should get an award.

why? he said it. it was published in the ny times.

of course, now he says it was taken out of context, but as we all know, context doesn't matter.

i guess ayers' past has become a tar baby.

tant pis
This is how Ayers feels about "truth":
''Is this, then, the truth?,'' he writes. ''Not exactly. Although it feels entirely honest to me.''

But why would someone want to read a memoir parts of which are admittedly not true? Mr. Ayers was asked.

''Obviously, the point is it's a reflection on memory,'' he answered. ''It's true as I remember it.''​
So, nothing he says can be trusted. He admits it.

Then why are you quoting him?

You're a fucking retard.

An entire book and that's all someone else found for you to cry about out of 10 books.

You are a pathetic embarrassment to the human race.
At least I don't defend the ownership of fellow human beings.

but you're apparently too stupid to discern the difference between reading a book and writing it.

shocker

And you're apparently too stupid to realize that Robert E. Lee didn't write the book. :lol:

At least I don't defend the ownership of fellow human beings.

We all know you prefer to let them work and then rob them blind through government.

18% is robbing them blind!

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Just so I understand....

There is questioning by the left of a book that Bachmann found intriguing (and rightfully so) that had to do with a general from the civil war....

And those on the left were the same ones that said there was nothing wrong with, and faux outrage expressed by the right as it pertained to an Obama appointee admitting in front of a large student audience that she admired Mao?

Do I have this right?

On Michele Bachmann’s Must-Read List: Book On Robert E. Lee That Defends Slavery

After signing a pledge, part of which asserts that blacks were better off under slavery, we find out that on her “must-read” list is Call of Duty: The Sterling Nobility of Robert E. Lee, which includes this passage:

Slavery, as it operated in the pervasively Christian society which was the old South, was not an adversarial relationship founded on racial animosity. In fact, it bred on the whole, not contempt, but, over time, mutual respect. This produced a mutual esteem of the sort that always results when men give themselves to a common cause.

The credit for this startling reality must go to the Christian faith.

So, does Michele Bachmann agree with this and if so, is it based on her religious beliefs?

Damn you are one stupid fuck!

Using the 'logic' of Synthia.

Barak Obama read William Ayers book 'A kind and just parent'. Bill Ayers is a domestic terrorist. Therefore Barak Obama is a supporter of domestic terrorism.

*Bows and leaves the thread*

Hey! No fair using logic in a leftist thread! :(

No logic used.

Ayer's book is about the juvenile justice system. The only way this analogy is logical is if Bachmann was reading a book BY Robert E. Lee about fishing. Or hunting, or something other than what he was known for.

FAIL x2
If it comforts your little mind to feel that way. :lol:

why? he said it. it was published in the ny times.

of course, now he says it was taken out of context, but as we all know, context doesn't matter.

i guess ayers' past has become a tar baby.

tant pis
''Is this, then, the truth?,'' he writes. ''Not exactly. Although it feels entirely honest to me.''

But why would someone want to read a memoir parts of which are admittedly not true? Mr. Ayers was asked.

''Obviously, the point is it's a reflection on memory,'' he answered. ''It's true as I remember it.''​

The more pertinent question is, why are you believing him? He's already admitted he's a liar.

I guess you just like his lies.

Just so I understand....

There is questioning by the left of a book that Bachmann found intriguing (and rightfully so) that had to do with a general from the civil war....

And those on the left were the same ones that said there was nothing wrong with, and faux outrage expressed by the right as it pertained to an Obama appointee admitting in front of a large student audience that she admired Mao?

Do I have this right?

Yes indeed.

If it weren't for double standards, leftists would have no standards at all.

The more pertinent question is, why are you believing him? He's already admitted he's a liar.

Who says I believe Ayers, or listen to Ayers, or have ever read anything by Ayers?

You wingnuts are the ones who are obsessed with Ayers.

Who says I believe Ayers, or listen to Ayers, or have ever read anything by Ayers?

Obama seems to think a lot of him.

Say, are you going to answer my question: Have you read Mein Kampf?

After signing a pledge, part of which asserts that blacks were better off under slavery, we find out that on her “must-read” list is Call of Duty: The Sterling Nobility of Robert E. Lee, which includes this passage:

Slavery, as it operated in the pervasively Christian society which was the old South, was not an adversarial relationship founded on racial animosity. In fact, it bred on the whole, not contempt, but, over time, mutual respect. This produced a mutual esteem of the sort that always results when men give themselves to a common cause.

The credit for this startling reality must go to the Christian faith.

So, does Michele Bachmann agree with this and if so, is it based on her religious beliefs?

LOL. Bachmann is going to bring back slavery!!!!

You libs are beyond desperate. :cuckoo:

Obama seems to think a lot of him.

Say, are you going to answer my question: Have you read Mein Kampf?

No he doesn't.

No I haven't.

No, you don't. According to leftists, everything you read, you agree with.

Right, Synthia?
Nope. Loughner.
Then per your "logic" in the OP, Laughner's a leftist.

Unless you'd like to have it both ways. And we know you do.
No, Loughner is an extreme rightwinger, just like the Oslo Killer. Just like McVeigh. Just like Koresh. Just like Scott Roeder. Just like Randy Weaver. Just like Eric Rudolph. Just like Hasan.

Forum List

Back