OMG. Stupid tv shows that should be destroyed.

I am not sure why but I did not Like M.A.S.H. at all when it first started when I was a teen. It wasn't until recent years that I began to enjoy it some. But some of the characters I still find more annoying then funny. I agree on some of the talk shows mentioned and add all reality shows. I viewed them enough to see what there about and then avoid watching them at all. Add late night talk shows to the list . After Johnny Carson retired they all went slowly down the tubes. and S.NL. It had some good moments and talented members but in general it just wasn't funny.

It was preachy and always trying to regale us with 'Teachable Moments' and pretentious ironies.

M*A*S*H: "Hello nuirse, let me sexually harass you then promote alcoholism while making light of a terrible war. Oh wait a minute, I have to take care of something first. Damn this war! Dammit! Dammit!!!!!! Whyyyyyyyyyy??????????? Ok, that's out of the way. Now, how about some hilarious sexual assault? Hey look, we are in Korea and there is the only Korean character we've seen in 10 episodes. Let's ridicule him/her. Foreign people in their own country are so funny!"

I did like that 'Captain Savage' or whatever that CIA type guy was on a couple or three episodes, the one that always turned out the light and vanished. lol he was kind of funny. That's about all I can remember that I laughed at on that show.

M*A*S*H: "Hello nuirse, let me sexually harass you then promote alcoholism while making light of a terrible war. Oh wait a minute, I have to take care of something first. Damn this war! Dammit! Dammit!!!!!! Whyyyyyyyyyy??????????? Ok, that's out of the way. Now, how about some hilarious sexual assault? Hey look, we are in Korea and there is the only Korean character we've seen in 10 episodes. Let's ridicule him/her. Foreign people in their own country are so funny!"

Fuck Koreans.

I did like that 'Captain Savage' or whatever that CIA type guy was on a couple or three episodes, the one that always turned out the light and vanished. lol he was kind of funny. That's about all I can remember that I laughed at on that show.
Colonel Phlag was his name. He was funny . He did play it well. I liked the actors them selves just not some of there characters they played and the stories.

They put or infused 1970's radicalism/ self depreciation/sexual freedoms into 1950's way of living. The early years were more stringent and head on but the later years became a propaganda stage show with all of the human flaws to see.

I don't hate reality tv, but I tire of it easily. Every season of any given show is pretty much the same as the last season, and there's not enough to hold my attention for very long. If I really like a show, I'll watch three seasons at most and then it'll be stale for me and I'll find something else to watch.

I don't hate reality tv, but I tire of it easily. Every season of any given show is pretty much the same as the last season, and there's not enough to hold my attention for very long. If I really like a show, I'll watch three seasons at most and then it'll be stale for me and I'll find something else to watch.
A couple of new channels are going t run a lot of those. I watched Storage Wars a few times, it was fun but got old after hearing 'Dave' Yuppppp!!!! for the fiftyith time. I liked American Picker for about the same number of shows, then got bored, same with Ax Men, Count Cars, and I never will get why those shows about midget women went for so any episodes. Who watches that crap? I watch Pawn Stars for the cool stuff they bring in, but I think it's time Corry offed The Old Man, preferably by running over the asshole in a pickup truck.

Love Island. Where a bunch of idiots gather and swap spit to win a party with the same people they live with on the island. Where they dress like sluts. Where they swap bodily fluids from neither regions. Where every other word is LIKE, LIKE, LIKE, um, did I, like, mention LIKE? Buncha empty headed dweebs that might look great but have no brain cells whatsoever floating around up there.

Below Deck. Fire the head stew last season for having rx and a weed pen, complain about the male crew if they make any move to a woman that is considered sexual, but let the black 3rd stew chick rub her boobs in a man's face that did NOT want her to do that who also shoved another black crew member after telling him to get his sorry ass back to Africa and in general telling her boss (head stew) to shove her rules up her ass...and not be fired. Why? Because she's black.

Big Brother. No words. More bimbos and "bros before ho's" mentality, idiotic challenges, cliques, and overall stupid shit.

What else am I missing? No wonder I never turn on the tv any more.
You forgot Darcey & Stacey.

A couple of new channels are going t run a lot of those. I watched Storage Wars a few times, it was fun but got old after hearing 'Dave' Yuppppp!!!! for the fiftyith time. I liked American Picker for about the same number of shows, then got bored, same with Ax Men, Count Cars, and I never will get why those shows about midget women went for so any episodes. Who watches that crap? I watch Pawn Stars for the cool stuff they bring in, but I think it's time Corry offed The Old Man, preferably by running over the asshole in a pickup truck.
Old man is already dead. He died last year I think. And Corey is pond scum.
Have a friend that went there just to see what it was all about the last time he went to Vegas. He said it is dirty, dusty, and the clerks don't know diddly squat and in general..a joke. The guys only appear when they are filming, and the customers are set up way in advance, with a script.

Same with Pickers. They are stupid fucks. STUPID. All they look for bikes, signs and other dumb shit. I have seen a lot of stuff in those barns that were worth WAY more than that gasoline sign or beat up bicycle. That, too, is scripted and set up.

I have been watching amazon prime and netflix lately. Nothing good is on regular cable any more. Same shit, different day.

And I, too, wonder why they think people want to see a bunch of little people women waddling around and bickering with each other.

I DID forget The Bachelor and Bachlorette. DUMB DUMB DUMB with those people pimping themselves out. They are not there for "love". They are there for their fifteen minutes of fame. And its usually gross.

Old man is already dead. He died last year I think. And Corey is pond scum.
Have a friend that went there just to see what it was all about the last time he went to Vegas. He said it is dirty, dusty, and the clerks don't know diddly squat and in general..a joke. The guys only appear when they are filming, and the customers are set up way in advance, with a script.

Same with Pickers. They are stupid fucks. STUPID. All they look for bikes, signs and other dumb shit. I have seen a lot of stuff in those barns that were worth WAY more than that gasoline sign or beat up bicycle. That, too, is scripted and set up.

I have been watching amazon prime and netflix lately. Nothing good is on regular cable any more. Same shit, different day.

And I, too, wonder why they think people want to see a bunch of little people women waddling around and bickering with each other.

I DID forget The Bachelor and Bachlorette. DUMB DUMB DUMB with those people pimping themselves out. They are not there for "love". They are there for their fifteen minutes of fame. And its usually gross.

Yes, I know all that, except about the old man part. I liked looking at all that old stuff, not the people in the show. I watched Antiques Road Show on PBS as well, for a while.

What you say here just now made me think of the one cancellation that is way over due in my opinion: every remaining soap opera.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Any network daytime talk show.

Most every network late night show since Jay Leno except maybe Conan.

Tom Snyder was fairly good, but of course he was nearly the only one on back then, so he got a decent spread of guests. He came very late, after Carson and his copycats went off.

I like Naked and Afraid, but I think they are all idiots. At least on Survivor they get money. N & A only do it to prove they are "bad asses and this place will be my bitch" only to tap out because there are too many bugs.:rolleyes:
We like Naked and Afraid also, but we have skipped several of the "bug episodes". I hate when all the show is, is let's put people in a rainforest and watch them get tortured every night - BORING.
It is why ALONE is a better show. Less gimmicky.

Forum List

Back