Olympics bans ‘Black Lives Matter’ apparel, could punish athletes for social protests

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019

IOC bans ‘Black Lives Matter’ gear​

The International Olympic Committee got very granular with what is not allowed. It said specifically that the slogan “Black Lives Matter” will be banned from athlete apparel at the Summer Olympics.

It’s part of the IOC’s long-standing ban on “demonstration or political, religious or racial propaganda” on the playing field, the medal stand or during the Games’ official ceremonies.

More generic words like “peace,” “respect,” “solidarity,” “inclusion” and “equality” will be allowed on T-shirts.

So far, the IOC has not said what types of punishment athletes could face for violating these rules. It only said it would treat each violation on a case-by-case basis.

This should be interesting

Seen this last week.

Good move.

And if there is the need for any little individual expressions of inclusion then the words they've permitted like peace, respect, equality etc is just fine and makes the point better.

It's about time organisations moved on from this divisive BLM shite. If they want to promote inclusion then no-one can (or should) complain but make it proper inclusion and don't try to eradicate hate by promoting more hate (BLM).

I'd like to know what the IOC will do if Usain Bolt decides to identify as a broad and compete in the women's division this year? Will they complain if she becomes the first athlete to get gold medals in both genders?

Their anti-black rules won't stop anything.

Watch...

So kind of like when you guys say people who have been "cancelled" aren't being deprived of their right to free speech, but that doesn't mean they are free from the consequences?

Watch...

Xiden and Harris won't boycott the games of China's human rights abuses....but this might be the reason why

Their anti-black rules won't stop anything.

Watch...

Maybe your right, that's why I won't bother to watch it live- and instead wait to read it in the papers
I only watch the opening ceremony.......if I'm in a dentists waiting room or someone else's house of course.

I don't even watch that, I only watch the Wrestling.
I do enjoy watching some of the track and field events...mainly because I hate running and find it amazing that folks enjoy...let alone are good at it...I also like the rowing and kayaking events...diving is pretty cool. In the winter I watch only the curling...curling rocks. no pun intended.

Forum List

Back