Old timey stuff

Remember the smell of mothballs. I remember the rag man. The guy with the pony selling rides, all of that.
I remember the hobos jungles, the hobos. The huge radio my Gramma had for just AM RADIO.
Ah yes, I remember the 1400s, cities that smelled like an open sewer, unwashed people, animal dung everywhere. The cholera outbreaks were really fun not to mention the black death.

Remember the smell of mothballs. I remember the rag man. The guy with the pony selling rides, all of that.
I remember the hobos jungles, the hobos. The huge radio my Gramma had for just AM RADIO.
Ah yes, I remember the 1400s, cities that smelled like an open sewer, unwashed people, animal dung everywhere. The cholera outbreaks were really fun not to mention the black death.
Columbus sailed the blue in 1492

Yeah. I'm still pissed, he stole my ideas and made it big....... For a while.......

Yeah. I'm still pissed, he stole my ideas and made it big....... For a while.......

Lief is that you?

Roller skates...that clamped to your oxfords and you had to wear the key on a string around your neck.

The sounds of brand new patent leather shoes on sidewalks.

Corn on the cob dripping with butter at the local fair.

Holding my dads hand as we walked around the farm sections and the animals at the fair.

Being happy playing jacks by myself. And pick up sticks.

The feel of bark as I climbed trees and sat amongst the leaves.

Staying out at night and no worries about someone trying to steal me and Ma having a cow and saying STAY HOME.

Riding my bike.

The thrill of seeing a horror movie at the theater...like The Blob.

Lief is that you?
No, I'm his younger brother Twig.

Safeway and the electric eye and the bubble gum machines, the western theme painted on their walls. Anybody remember the Craigmont plastic train thing?

1608093742846.png

Grandparent house stuff

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I remember playing football in the street until some kid would come out of his house at 7pm and scream "Bewitched!!!"

The street would clear. We loved that show.

America was wholesome and just awesome back then. Now we have this marxist shit show. It's depressing.
God your old I remember that show was Thursday nights and I was like 6 years old

Piano tuning man knocking on doors asking if your piano needed tuning.

TV repair men made house calls if your set was broke.

Kids played outside after supper until the street lights came on and then everyone went inside their house.

Catching lightening bugs in a jar and using it like a lantern.

No school bus, kids all walked to and from school, rain or shine.

Rode our bicycles all over the neighborhood.

Woolworths, where you could buy baby alligators and eat a grilled cheese sammich at the same place.

I remember playing football in the street until some kid would come out of his house at 7pm and scream "Bewitched!!!"

The street would clear. We loved that show.

America was wholesome and just awesome back then. Now we have this marxist shit show. It's depressing.
God your old I remember that show was Thursday nights and I was like 6 years old
HEY!!!!!:eusa_hand::laugh:

I loved it too, but I loved Bonanza more.

Seeing Brides Of Dracula for the first time in a theater, falling in love with David Peel...such a handsome Vamp.

"Mothah....come here-ah".

1608095475524.png

Forum List

Back