Old Soda Pop from yesteryear....

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Talking about something similar in a different thread got me thinking about old soda pop that is either no long sold or completely different....

Who has had this one....? Use to drink this back in the 70s. Similar to Mountain Dew, but not as sweet. Maybe closer to Mello Yello.

kick.jpg

Dunno if these guys are still around or not. Their cola tasted like Coke with black pepper in it.

27171.jpg

Old hangover medicine
View attachment 484519
Can't stand it now.
Soda isn't the same now that it is all Corn Syrup.
I don't drink any soda anymore. Haven't for quite a few years.
When Bonz first came here 5 years ago, I tried a coke for the first time in years, OMG it is so cloyingly sweet and burns.
I remember when Coke went from sugar to corn syrup in the early 80s. It lost the "pure" taste and gained the sweet after taste that is not pleasant. (to me) At that point I only drank fountain soda with a lot of ice in it to cut that artificial after taste.
I quit altogether at some point around 2000.

Talking about something similar in a different thread got me thinking about old soda pop that is either no long sold or completely different....

Who has had this one....? Use to drink this back in the 70s. Similar to Mountain Dew, but not as sweet. Maybe closer to Mello Yello.

View attachment 484512

That appears to be a rip-off of Mountain Dew, which came out in 1955. Notice the 1965 on the bottle? My town had a Mt. Dew rip-off too back then, but I can't remember the name of it.

View attachment 484512

That appears to be a rip-off of Mountain Dew, which came out in 1955. Notice the 1965 on the bottle? My town had a Mt. Dew rip-off too back then, but I can't remember the name of it.
It came out after a hit movie based on the comic strip Lil Abner came out. It was mostly a promotion gimic. From what others told me.

View attachment 484512

Kickapoo was Coke's response to Mt. Dew.

Forum List

Back