Old cars suck | Change my mind

For all you guys that say Volkswagons suck, you do realize that they are one of the easiest cars to customize and upgrade, right? I wouldn't mind owning any of these.........

View attachment 279474

View attachment 279475

images

Kit cars and the like, I have a friend who still travels / drives his dads 1970's VW bus once in a while(his dad died a few years ago and drove it to the day he died)... that bus must have over a million miles on it.

ca0816-244449_1@2x.jpg

1972 Ford Gran Torino. I do like that.

I had a 72 Gran Torino, I hated that car with a passion when I was 16...it seemed like every week something went wrong with it, working at arby's I rode my bicycle more then I drove it.

Engine replaced

Starter

Battery

Alternative..

When I finally had enough of it, it wouldn't go in reverse, I gave it to my uncle for $500 and bought a 1972 Gran Prix SE.

View attachment 278663
Old cares arent reliable. Thats one of the main reasons i dont like them.

I'm the same age as you and find that total nonsense. To me, besides the heightened safety standards (which add significant weight) today's new cars are worthless (depreciation-wise) and made to be disposable. The newest car I have was made in 2005. My pickup truck is nearly 25-years-old. My off-roader is nearly 20. They are all reliable because they are fixable and I understand how to properly maintain them. A vehicle is an investment that a sensible person should protect. I have more respect for someone that can wrench and maintain than I do for someone that only buys new, is dependent upon mechanics, dealerships, limited warranties and continually loses money on their investment in today's throw away culture. There's no new automobiles out today that offer anything I require that I can't achieve with aftermarket parts anyway.

For all you guys that say Volkswagons suck, you do realize that they are one of the easiest cars to customize and upgrade, right? I wouldn't mind owning any of these.........

View attachment 279474

View attachment 279475

images

VWs are very cool. Especially the older ones. I really like the old Datsun 510 series as well.

VWs have been modified and hot-rodded since forever. I have seen a few that were some potent beasts.

But the thing that stands out to me is the durability of the old Beetles. The last Beetles produced in the US left the showroom in 1979. And there were only a few of those. So the old Beetles you see, and there are plenty, are 40 years old at best. And still chugging along.

Old cars get you a better parking space at car shows...

This is an important factor to me. Not for car shows, but music festivals.

There are two music events in Atlanta that have small car shows. Nothing big, but some very nice old cars. The only qualification is that the vehicle must be 25 years old or older.

I have a '94 Suburban. Good solid truck and tows our camper really well. But I can enter it in the car show and not have to walk 4 or 5 blocks with our chairs, cooler, canopy tent ect.

My kid just crashed his car. :blowup:

It is a pre 1999 model. When he went to Rock Auto to look for parts? I was jealous about how inexpensive the parts are. He'll be able to fix that sucker for a steal.

They would shove your old car into a ditch to make room for this.

2015_Ferrari_FXX-K_in_Shanghai.jpg

Well if I was parked on a race track, sure they would push my car into a ditch. But other than race fanatics, the car above is useless. If you want to fantasize about impossible cars that can drive on streets, go right ahead.

They would shove your old car into a ditch to make room for this.

2015_Ferrari_FXX-K_in_Shanghai.jpg

Well if I was parked on a race track, sure they would push my car into a ditch. But other than race fanatics, the car above is useless. If you want to fantasize about impossible cars that can drive on streets, go right ahead.
I thought we were talking about a car show. These cars have been to various car shows. If it makes you feel better, i can post many cars that are street legal and worth a fuck of a lot more than an FXX K.

How about my favorite car? Pagani Zonda Barchetta, $15,000,000. Youd get yelled at if you parked your old car anywhere near this.

bfew0rsqyusq9q7p4cbq.jpg

pagani-zonda-hp-barchetta-2.jpg

Last edited:
This menacing Mansory Edition Lamborghini Aventador SV featured at the 2019 Geneva Auto Convention shits on any old car you can produce a picture of. The design on the all carbon fiber body is thousands of tiny stealth bombers, giving it an almost textured look. This has to be the baddest Lambo ever made.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back