Oklahoma Senate Sends Law Allowing People to Run Over Protestors to Governor's Desk for Signature

Oklahoma Legislature passes bill protecting drivers who hit protesters

A Republican-backed bill aimed at cracking down on protests by increasing penalties for blocking roadways and granting immunity to motorists who kill or injure rioters received final legislative approval on Wednesday.
The state Senate voted 38-10, mostly along party lines, for the bill that now heads to the governor’s desk.

My thoughts:
1) There's not enough population in Oklahoma to where a protest of people would ever "block a roadway". Nobody lives there or cares.
2) We are facing climate change, wealth inequality, an economic recession, a worldwide pandemic, and a revival of civil rights....and this is what the Oklahoma GOP is focused on. Running people over.
3) The Republican party, ladies and gentlemen.
I like the ideal---legalizing running over BLM Anti-fa terrorists is always a good thing.
Just as long as they are children, adults may dent yet car.

That is why I drive an AWD SUV---------you just gotta hit them right.
I merely smoke them out with bad rings and pistons.

There's not enough population in Oklahoma to where a protest of people would ever "block a roadway". Nobody lives there or cares.
thats ignorant

You should visit oklahoma city or tulsa someday to see how wrong you are

A Republican-backed bill aimed at cracking down on protests by increasing penalties for blocking roadways and granting immunity to motorists who kill or injure rioters received final legislative approval on Wednesday.
The state Senate voted 38-10, mostly along party lines, for the bill that now heads to the governor’s desk.

My thoughts:
1) There's not enough population in Oklahoma to where a protest of people would ever "block a roadway". Nobody lives there or cares.
2) We are facing climate change, wealth inequality, an economic recession, a worldwide pandemic, and a revival of civil rights....and this is what the Oklahoma GOP is focused on. Running people over.
Protesters do not have a right to threaten or harm motorists on public streets

Black Lies Matter and ANTIFA are responsible for this new law

My thoughts:

Exercising your Constitutionally Protected Right to Protest, in no way requires a driver to join your protest.
There are Pedestrian and Crosswalk Laws in all 50 states.
Playing in traffic does not apply.

I hope it is signed into law quickly. Then spread to other states. We are in desperate need of such a law in California.
Of course, we in California will never have such a law.

The politicians kiss the posteriors of certain groups (no need to be specific),

You no doubt know about the craziness in the Venice section of Los Angeles.

The good news is that the cops found the Crips gang members who shot up that Beverly Hills restaurant. The bad news is that Los Angeles County's crazy new District Attorney will not prosecute the case as he should.

Let's be practical.

Here in the States, the people will NOT support mowing down those obnoxious protesters.

So while the law might make people feel good that something is being done, in reality there is no way in blank that the courts will sanction using one's car to stop protesters.

The United States is becoming a mob-ruled nation.

Forum List

Back