Oklahoma gives a big thumbs down to recreational marijuana

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Bravo to Oklahoma! :clap:

Hopefully they won't go down the same road as my state has, where you give these people an inch, and they'll eventually be having it where people are openly shooting up hard drugs with no fear of being arrested.

State Question 820 Election Results: Oklahomans vote against recreational marijuana​

Oklahomans on Tuesday overwhelmingly voted against State Question 820, which would have legalized recreational marijuana in the Sooner State.
State Question 820 failed with almost 62% of voters being against the measure. The "No" side received more than 349,000 votes, while those in favor of the state question totaled more than 216,000.

The Oklahoma State Election Board's website notes that the statewide turnout for the vote on State Question 820 was 25.35%.

Both sides of State Question 820 were outspoken on the issue.

Just have to keep buying it on the black market, oh well, those guys are sure happy.

This law wouldn't have stopped the black market at all. It would have just changed the nature and tactics that racketeers would use.

The business would change from guys keistering grass to get it to market to counterfeiting tax stamps and marketing bricks of pot that fall off of trucks.

This law wouldn't have stopped the black market at all. It would have just changed the nature and tactics that racketeers would use.

The business would change from guys keistering grass to get it to market to counterfeiting tax stamps and marketing bricks of pot that fall off of trucks.
You think people keyster a kilo, my you have adventurous friends.

Just have to keep buying it on the black market, oh well, those guys are sure happy.

Here in Oregon where voters legalized it in 2014, the black market is bigger than ever!

Amid explosion of illegal marijuana production, Oregon looks to toughening laws​

SALEM, Ore. (AP) — In 2014, Oregon voters approved a ballot measure legalizing recreational marijuana after being told it would eliminate problems caused by “uncontrolled manufacture” of the drug. Illegal production of marijuana has instead exploded.

Here in Oregon where voters legalized it in 2014, the black market is bigger than ever!

Amid explosion of illegal marijuana production, Oregon looks to toughening laws​

That is the fault of the government in these States over-regulating pot sales and growing, thus switching the black market from an "over" black market that provides banned goods, to an "under" black market, that provides goods cheaper than legal means can provide them.

They can fix it by reducing the red tape, taxes and fees to make legal pot more competitive, which would INCREASE their tax revenue, but as with moth blue states they can't see lowering taxes fees and restrictions as ever improving actual tax income.

The two systems are both called "the black market" but they are radically different in size, scope and outlook.

"The amount of illegal marijuana that law enforcement officers manage to intercept each year in Oregon is believed to be dwarfed by the uncounted tons that are smuggled out of state and sold for high profits.

The 2014 Oregon voters’ pamphlet said legalization of recreational marijuana would “eliminate the problems caused by the prohibition and uncontrolled manufacture, delivery, and possession of marijuana within this state.”

That is the fault of the government in these States over-regulating pot sales and growing, thus switching the black market from an "over" black market that provides banned goods, to an "under" black market, that provides goods cheaper than legal means can provide them.

They can fix it by reducing the red tape, taxes and fees to make legal pot more competitive, which would INCREASE their tax revenue, but as with moth blue states they can't see lowering taxes fees and restrictions as ever improving actual tax income.

The two systems are both called "the black market" but they are radically different in size, scope and outlook.

I think the real problem here is just Government Greed. Politicians can't keep their grubby hands away from what they think is a huge pot of grass tax.

If legal grass is such a benefit to society, just sell in on the endcap next to the cookies at Walmart and just have the regular sales tax on the product.

Don't get greedy, and you can indeed destroy the black market for the product.

People usually don't distill their own gin at home nowadays , why bother when taxes are reasonable and you can buy a handle of the good shit for $13.

Oklahoma has a huge medical marijuana industry. There are tons of grow centers in Oklahoma already.

I think the real problem here is just Government Greed. Politicians can't keep their grubby hands away from what they think is a huge pot of grass tax.

If legal grass is such a benefit to society, just sell in on the endcap next to the cookies at Walmart and just have the regular sales tax on the product.

People usually don't distill their own gin at home nowadays , why bother when taxes are reasonable and you can buy a handle of the good shit for $13.

I on occasion make my own beer. It takes a lot of time and effort for something not all that expensive to buy at the store.

I don't smoke but if I did, I would most certainly be growing my own.

Yep, they saw the prices being charged by illegal sellers and thought they could match those and make up a huge difference between production costs and sales value as tax profit.

What they didn't realize is illegality inflates the prices due to illegality itself.

Once made legal if the production costs remain the same, and the illegality fee is taken over by taxes, it just invites producers to get a 1/2 or even a 1/4 of that cut and make money hand over fist.

Except now you aren't selling something illegal, you are just evading taxes and procedures.

Boycott solves the problem by weaning from both the drug and association with its users. If only that would suffice for the CIA-Catholic joke now in the White House, who is potentially instrumental for lacing the fentanyl with xylazine via his drug-eating son.

Boycott solves the problem by weaning from both the drug and association with its users. If only that would suffice for the CIA-Catholic joke now in the White House, who is potentially instrumental for lacing the fentanyl with xylazine via his drug-eating son.
Seek help.

Oklahoma has a huge medical marijuana industry. There are tons of grow centers in Oklahoma already.

Sure makes the weed prices nice though....Like forty-year-old prices, so nice.

You think people keyster a kilo, my you have adventurous friends.

Here's a tip for you , Moonglow. If you ever land in prison, be cautious about whatever drugs you decide to buy while you are in the joint. Chances are that they spent time in some guy's rectum before you purchased them.

Forum List

Back