Florida County Commissioner Asked To Resign Over Ethnic Slur

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Santa Rosa County Commissioner Sam Parker was asked to resign in a public forum after he was shown in a video using the term "Jew down" to talk about haggling. Parker was confronted about his comment, which was heard in a snippet of what appeared to be security camera footage, by gun store owner Chris Smith on Monday. He called the use of the term "absolutely ridiculous in 2023." Parker refused to apologize for his comment, saying that the term he used is a well-known adjective and that he can't be antisemitic because he has an Israeli flag in his office."

I don't think the guy should resign, but I imagine this wouldn't be so bad if the guy simply acknowledged his mistake and moved on...but to double down on it and then issue a weak defense is probably the wrong route to take....It's ok to just take the L and move on sometimes.....

So first question, is "Jewing" something down considered anti-Semitic to you -- or are Jews being too uptight and they need to relax? I mean, you can't even tell jokes about baking cookies in ovens and Jews anymore...with all of this woke BS....

Second question, if you have an Israeli flag, doesn't that shield you from being Anti-Semitic? Like if you wanted to deny the holocaust ever happened, but did it while wearing an Israeli flag lapel pin, would that still be anti-Semitic to say?

I suspect he will soon be on the DeSantis EEO team.

Thats a usual partisan comment from you

If you were a tenth as reasonable as you claim to be you would have told the lefties to take a deep breath and get a grip

The guy said nothing that has to end his career over
But he shouldn't double down on it, do you agree?

And the weak "I have an Israeli flag in my office" excuse is absolutely cringe and condescending...he might as well have said "I got a Jew friend"

People have gotten way too sensitive over stuff like this. I can kind of understand how some people might become offended by the term..... but grow some skin.

I think it was Sammy Davis Jr that once said, 'growing up, being black and Jewish, I didn't know if I should steal something, or just jew them out of it.

If it were me I would just tell the critics to go fly a kite
Cool......and when those critics ask for him to resign, just know he isn't a victim....

That is the problem with the "never apologize" route...you can't be that way and then whine about it...

Which he doesn't
Easier to stick with the "I Got a jew friend...and he Jews me down all the time"

How would you know ... It's not like you asked him.
He did say he had an Israeli Flag in his office ... There's more than 9 million Jewish people in Israel ...
It's not like your stupid ass would know why it is there ... Or what it means to anyone else ... :auiqs.jpg:

It was a stereotypical comment. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson said worse about Jews abd their careers thrived.

Cool......and when those critics ask for him to resign, just know he isn't a victim....

That is the problem with the "never apologize" route...you can't be that way and then whine about it...
Maybe they can remove him from office

But resignation?

You cant force him to do that

It was a stereotypical comment. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson said worse about Jews abd their careers thrived.
Good point.

But I doubt Al or Jesse would thrive by saying it now...

And who knows, if they both went full Anti-Semitic -- their careers can thrive in the right-wing echo-chamber...ask Kanye

Maybe they can remove him from office

But resignation?

You cant force him to do that
I think he will be fine...this will pass.....

But just because someone doing the anti-Semitism aligns more with you on things-- doesn't mean you have to reflexively defend him...

Next you will find yourself having to defend that person hanging out with neo-Nazis, etc, etc....

I think he will be fine...this will pass.....

But just because someone doing the anti-Semitism aligns more with you on things-- doesn't mean you have to reflexively defend him...

Next you will find yourself having to defend that person hanging out with neo-Nazis, etc, etc....
I think he misspoke

But its no big deal as the left is making it out to be

I think he misspoke

But its no big deal as the left is making it out to be
If by the left, you mean a bunch of Jewish people in Florida...yea, fuck what they think....

This guy has a whole Israeli flag in his office.....that trumps everything..

Forum List

Back