Okay. Trump has won. Now where's his damned tax return?

An IRS run by the likes of Lois Lerner doesn't get zip from Trump....time to DRAIN THAT SWAMP.

Let me go over what will happen whenever he does release his tax return.

What I expect to have happen is that the organizations he shows as having donated to corroborate the donations or attest that he didn't make any such donation. I expect that the fronts he's created to "launder" political contributions be laid bare for all to see.

I have no issue with tax minimization. I'm a CPA who spend a quarter of my career implementing technology solutions that, like never prior to the advent of such sophisticated tracking and information capture capabilities, enabled Fortune 200 companies to avail themselves of the tax codes opportunities to, with what might seem a vengeance, do exactly that.

I pay my accountant to develop or find strategies and tactics to minimize my tax bill as well. That Trump does so too isn't close to what irks or even concerns me. But then I'm not aiming to be President.
  • I'm not the one who implies that everyone who doesn't minimize their tax liability is stupid.
  • I'm not the one talking about helping the "little guy" on a national scale.
  • I'm not the one benefitting from the tax payments of millions while I a multi-billionaire pay nothing for the services I receive from the national government.
  • I'm not the one who has an air traffic control system that allows my 757 to fly safely all over the nation.
  • I'm not the one who relies on the NOAA, FEMA, DoD, CIA, NSA, et al to make all be well and good and stable so rich folks can without impediment and often visit my hotels and golf courses both in and outside the U.S. to succeed and boost my billions.
  • I'm not the one who relies on the FCC to manage the electromagnetic spectrum so that television networks can reliably air my Apprentice content -- without interference from the signals other broadcasters want to issue -- thus allowing people to watch that content and put millions in my pocket.
  • I'm not the one who is made able by the U.S. government and taxpayers' beneficence to reap hundreds of millions in while I pay no federal income tax and begrudge some poor soul in Appalachia their public assistance, not a dime of which is came from me, of a few ten thousands of dollars they need to put food in their bellies. And I'm not the one who does all that and claims to have that poor soul's interests foremost in my mind and intentions.
I'm the one who thinks it's perfectly fine for Trump to minimize his taxes, but I'm also the one who thinks that doing to the extent that Trump has and also claiming to care about the U.S. and the "little people" whose votes and favor he curried is substantively indefensible and morally reprehensible.

Title says it all. That's the first promise he can and should deliver on as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, maybe the audit will take four years? Maybe eight?
OMG..you think that is the most important issue now? Really?

I don't think it the most important issue. What inspired you to think I feel that way? Does it need to be "the most important issue now" for me to raise it?

I think it's "low hanging fruit" that Trump can use to "tick a box" and show that he followed through on a commitment he made.

What I expect to have happen is that the organizations he shows as having donated to corroborate the donations or attest that he didn't make any such donation. I expect that the fronts he's created to "launder" political contributions be laid bare for all to see.

What's wrong with the IRS doing that in their audit? Isn't that what they are paid to do? If Trump has done something illegal, the IRS will fine him for it and you'll know all about that.

But then I'm not aiming to be President.

Neither is Trump anymore... he WON! He's now the president elect. I'm sorry if you've missed the news... we had a substantial election on Tuesday.

I'm not the one who implies that everyone who doesn't minimize their tax liability is stupid.

Sure you do! "I pay my accountant to develop or find strategies and tactics to minimize my tax bill as well." ...I figure you do this because you're not stupid, right?

I'm the one who thinks it's perfectly fine for Trump to minimize his taxes

Well your little bullet-point screed doesn't sound like you are perfectly fine with it. It sounds like you're fine with YOU being able to take advantage of the tax code but not Trump. Again.... IF Trump did something illegal, the IRS will find it in the audit they are conducting and we'll find out all about that.... but this assumption that he MUST have done something illegal is baseless and smacks of class envy. I think you don't like Trump because he is wealthy and you think wealthy people should be punished by not being able to use tax breaks and incentives in the tax code.

All I can say is sorry you feel this way, perhaps you can write your congressman?

GE is over. Nobody is going to see them. That ship has sailed

Because Trump is pathological liar.

He promised to release his tax returns, he didn't and he will not.

He lies to thier face and Trumpsters ask him if they could please have another. AMAZING.

GE is over. Nobody is going to see them. That ship has sailed

Because Trump is pathological liar.

He promised to release his tax returns, he didn't and he will not.

He lies to thier face and Trumpsters ask him if they could please have another. AMAZING.
TRUMP is the pathological liar? LOL! Pathological lying is precisely why your candidate lost!

What's wrong with the IRS doing that in their audit? Isn't that what they are paid to do? If Trump has done something illegal, the IRS will fine him for it and you'll know all about that.

I wan to know what they found and I want to see the details.

Neither is Trump anymore... he WON! He's now the president elect.

I'm going to hope that remark is nothing more than jocular hair splitting.

Sure you do! "I pay my accountant to develop or find strategies and tactics to minimize my tax bill as well." ...I figure you do this because you're not stupid, right?

I do not for I have asserted that I'm smart because I pay no federal income taxes, leaving tacit but clear that either (1) paying them is stupid or (2) not being able to pay none is stupid. It really doesn't matter what one infers he meant for whatever it was the fact is that the vast majority of Americans do pay taxes and cannot minimize them to zero, and Trump is neither the only smart American nor the smartest American.

Well your little bullet-point screed doesn't sound like you are perfectly fine with it.

Well, I wrote that I am. I have nothing more to say in that regard. I can't force you to believe my attestation about myself. Do or don't. That's up to you for it affects only you.

Title says it all. That's the first promise he can and should deliver on as far as I'm concerned.

There is no need to see anybody's tax returns.

Nixon started this so therefore it has always been a bad idea.

Get over it.

TRUMP is the pathological liar? LOL! Pathological lying is precisely why your candidate lost!

Two questions -

Did trump promise to release tax return? Did he release tax return?

How do you justify such blatant lying to yourself?

Here is what their comparative record looks like:

main-qimg-5ff9b8e12e6ba99cc9c8b2102f563e1a-c

So yes a LIAR, type PATHOLOGICAL

I wan to know what they found and I want to see the details.

Neither is Trump anymore... he WON! He's now the president elect.

I'm going to hope that remark is nothing more than jocular hair splitting.

I do not for I have asserted that I'm smart because I pay no federal income taxes, leaving tacit but clear that either (1) paying them is stupid or (2) not being able to pay none is stupid. It really doesn't matter what one infers he meant for whatever it was the fact is that the vast majority of Americans do pay taxes and cannot minimize them to zero, and Trump is neither the only smart American nor the smartest American.

Well your little bullet-point screed doesn't sound like you are perfectly fine with it.

Well, I wrote that I am. I have nothing more to say in that regard. I can't force you to believe my attestation about myself. Do or don't. That's up to you for it affects only you.
It is none of your business nor anybody else's.

This is strictly between the taxpayer and the IRS.

Two questions -

Did trump promise to release tax return? Did he release tax return?

How do you justify such blatant lying to yourself?

Here is what their comparative record looks like:

main-qimg-5ff9b8e12e6ba99cc9c8b2102f563e1a-c

Trump said he would wait until his IRS audits were over.

That is a perfectly good reason, although a better reason not to release them is because it is nobody's business.

There is no need to see anybody's tax returns.

Nixon started this so therefore it has always been a bad idea.

Get over it.

When was the first time you've come to belive that? When Trump said he won't release them and you thought to yourself "shit I better just say it was always a bad idea for presidential candidates to disclose financials, otherwise I'll have to admit he is a sketchy liar"

Exactly right !!

Hillary learned to lie to protect her hubby Billy Boy when Billy started cheating on her because she was not interested in sex anymore with him.

Now in retrospect Hillary should have either (1) watched Billy Boy like a hawk the same way Nancy watched over Ron, or (2) given him blow jobs day and night so he could not get his Slick One Eyed Willy up for Monica at all.

Had Hillary done either (1) or (2) she would not have had to lie.

Had she not had to lie she would not have become a pathological liar.

Had she not become a pathological liar then more women would have voted for her.

My sisters voted for Trump because they hated Hillary because she is a liar.

Of course, she also lied about the emails. And she never came clean on Benghazi either.

She can thank DumbAzz Colin Powel for the dumbazz Email idea.

Botching Libya and Benghazi was her own incompetent fault.

Trump said he would wait until his IRS audits were over.

That is a perfectly good reason, although a better reason not to release them is because it is nobody's business.

Even if that was true (it isn't, as IRS itself said), he could have released already audited years.

Trump is not releasing his tax returns, not now not ever. He just shits on you and you swallow it.

When was the first time you've come to belive that? When Trump said he won't release them and you thought to yourself "shit I better just say it was always a bad idea for presidential candidates to disclose financials, otherwise I'll have to admit he is a sketchy liar"
Well let me think back -- when was the first time I came to believe that people's tax returns are private and confidential ?!

About the time I passed the CPA exam many decades ago and became a tax pro.

Is that good enough for you ?!

Or did you want a more simpleton reply that your simpleton mind could wrap itself around more easily ?!

Forum List

Back