Okay fellow geniuses. How do you stop a giant ice shelf from breaking off ?

Oh ... according to your links, O-18 only proxies for temperature ... how are you deriving pressure, humidity, wind, cloud cover and precipitation data? ... you should know that climate is more than temperature ... in fact, temperature is only a tertiary consideration if not quaternary when it comes to climate ...

This chart doesn't explain climate ... so what was the climate during the "Early Eocene Climatic Optimum"? ... don't say warmer, that only matters for less than 1% of the Earth's surface ... I want to know not just how much rain, but when it fell ... how does your O-18 data answer this question? ... keep in mind that my data set from 1880 includes many many years of hourly reporting for all these meteorological parameters ... for example St Louis, Missouri ...

I'm sorry ... this chart says global temperature is inversly proportional to the width of the Atlantic Ocean ...
Seriously?

For anyone that wants to learn geological methods, and their results measured in the rocks, I would suggest lectures by Nick Zentner on Youtube. Most deals with the Pacific Northwest, but applies to most areas in the world.

For anyone that wants to learn geological methods, and their results measured in the rocks, I would suggest lectures by Nick Zentner on Youtube. Most deals with the Pacific Northwest, but applies to most areas in the world.

Dr Zentner's lectures are a bit too long for my tastes ... his 'field trip' videos are flat boring ... the way he abuses his geology hammer makes even harden carpenters cross their legs ... yeesh ...

Because if it does, there will be major sea level rise in a very short time, which they're now saying could be within 5 to 10 years.

We could cover Antarctica with a really big blanket. That's one of my ideas.

Send Bruce Willis with a crack team of drilling professionals and Ben Affleck.....wait, wrong movie.....oh, I know....send Dennis Quaid to rescue his son Jake Gyllenahaal from atop the ice shelf and then....no again wrong movie. I give up.

Send Bruce Willis with a crack team of drilling professionals and Ben Affleck.....wait, wrong movie.....oh, I know....send Dennis Quaid to rescue his son Jake Gyllenahaal from atop the ice shelf and then....no again wrong movie. I give up.
My idea could be the best.
As the oceans rise, we have a series of pipelines set up to pump the sea-water inland, some into desalination plants to generate fresh water where needed, and most of it can be poured out into the desert... or we can dig reservoirs to contain it.

You just have to calculate the evaporation rate. ( if your lake in the desert dries up and turns to rain, it defeats the whole purpose of doing it )

Last edited:

Forum List

Back