OK..GOP candidates suck...so enlighten me...

You

Fucking

Liar

Piss on you ...you insignificant tramp!! You wouldn't know a real republican if he snapped your pimple faced marble filled head from your shoulders and shit down your neck hole. My dogs don't make any sounds unless they are drawing something important to my attention. That makes them a hell of a lot smarter than you. Not that it will slow down your stupidity but the truth is that you are way out of your league. You should really try to stick to the kiddie pool... the deep end is full of peril.

How did that rant prove that you aren't a liar??? :eusa_whistle:

He was having a 'senior moment,' the poor thing.

I've stated on numerous occasions that My family as long as I have been alive including my grandparents and parents have all been republicans..

You've lied many times, and always poorly. Go back to the DNC and ask them to send you a new 'persona.' This one isn't working out.

I evaluated him based on his grasp of policy; whether his vision for the US and the world was more in line with mine than other candidates; whether I agreed with his policy prescriptions relative to the candidates and whether or not I trusted his decision-making skills.

A year long campaign gives you more than ample time to evaluate how a person will function. I find that period far more relevant than whether he owned a pizza chain, went to State U or smoked pot when he was in high school.

I disagree...

A year campaign...a ten year campaign...all it gives you is the qualioty of speech writers and the message designed by a third party to win an election.

Well, we'll just disagree then. Running a campaign, responding in debates, engaging in town meetings and the public dialogue process requires more than a skilled speech writer. It requires one to make split second decisions with significant political implications, it requires you to formulate ideas and understand the consequences of those ideas. It puts you under a microscope and forces you to be very deliberate in every action. And it forces you to consider how to address concerns about you raised by others - all things I believe Obama did exceedingly well, which is what allowed him to win the Democratic nomination.

ACTIONS is what I use to determine the viablity of a candidate.

But what actions? Magna Cum Laude from Harvard? Which Republicans display "actions" that make them qualified to be President? No, it's not actions that draw people to a candidate - it's a belief that your core values and beliefs match more closely with them than their opponent. John McCain's post-military life involved no private-sector actions with which to evaluate him - people were left to decide if his values matched theirs and if they believed he could deliver on those values and beliefs.

on a final note, I don't think all the "GOP candidates suck". In fact, I think there are some good, smart people in that field.

The platform he ran on. It doesn't matter who wrote it, he said it was his goal. It was better than risking someone as dumb as Palin being near our big red button.

His past in school is proven, WITHout seeing his transcripts, unless you're honestly going to sit in your chair and claim that Harvard Law is somehow a part of some conspiracy, or that it's easy to get into with no scholastic accomplishment(ridiculous).

I also liked his approach.

I also didn't want another Bush, even though we got him.

I also know that if he had any real dirt of significance on him, the obsessively partisan radio hacks would have uncovered it in a heart-beat.

He also had a couple of books out, and you could have read about his life pretty easily and took at least a majority of it at face value. Obviously not all of it. (politician).

He wasn't unvetted. That's completely ridiculous. He had Senatorial Campaigns and a Presidential campaign opponent(s) gunning for him at different time periods, and if he was some sort of obvious idiot or danger we all would have heard about it.

You see guys, what RWers like Jarhead are desperately trying to peddle is the meme that states that Obama was totally unvetted, totally inexperienced, totally undeserving of achieving the Office of Presidency. Their meme is that he ONLY one because he was so charming and that people hated Bush so much. Their meme is that Obama didn't reach this great milestone on anything he did himself. Hence the swill about him not being a good student and the constant claptrap about posting school grades and such.

Notice Jarhead's responses, subtly inserting assertions that votes toward Obama were unwarranted and/or unfairly given.

I guess this is what one would do when one's party is in such abysmal shape.

I disagree...

A year campaign...a ten year campaign...all it gives you is the qualioty of speech writers and the message designed by a third party to win an election.

Well, we'll just disagree then. Running a campaign, responding in debates, engaging in town meetings and the public dialogue process requires more than a skilled speech writer. It requires one to make split second decisions with significant political implications, it requires you to formulate ideas and understand the consequences of those ideas. It puts you under a microscope and forces you to be very deliberate in every action. And it forces you to consider how to address concerns about you raised by others - all things I believe Obama did exceedingly well, which is what allowed him to win the Democratic nomination.

But what actions? Magna Cum Laude from Harvard? Which Republicans display "actions" that make them qualified to be President? No, it's not actions that draw people to a candidate - it's a belief that your core values and beliefs match more closely with them than their opponent. John McCain's post-military life involved no private-sector actions with which to evaluate him - people were left to decide if his values matched theirs and if they believed he could deliver on those values and beliefs.

on a final note, I don't think all the "GOP candidates suck". In fact, I think there are some good, smart people in that field.

The platform he ran on. It doesn't matter who wrote it, he said it was his goal. It was better than risking someone as dumb as Palin being near our big red button.

His past in school is proven, WITHout seeing his transcripts, unless you're honestly going to sit in your chair and claim that Harvard Law is somehow a part of some conspiracy, or that it's easy to get into with no scholastic accomplishment(ridiculous).

I also know that if he had any real dirt of significance on him, the obsessively partisan radio hacks would have uncovered it in a heart-beat.

He also had a couple of books out, and you could have read about his life pretty easily and took at least a majority of it at face value. Obviously not all of it. (politician).

He wasn't unvetted. That's completely ridiculous. He had Senatorial Campaigns and a Presidential campaign opponent(s) gunning for him at different time periods, and if he was some sort of obvious idiot or danger we all would have heard about it.

You see guys, what RWers like Jarhead are desperately trying to peddle is the meme that states that Obama was totally unvetted, totally inexperienced, totally undeserving of achieving the Office of Presidency. Their meme is that he ONLY one because he was so charming and that people hated Bush so much. Their meme is that Obama didn't reach this great milestone on anything he did himself. Hence the swill about him not being a good student and the constant claptrap about posting school grades and such.

Notice Jarhead's responses, subtly inserting assertions that votes toward Obama were unwarranted and/or unfairly given.

Nope.
Wrong as uusual for you.

Look at the responses...

The leading reason why people voted for Obama?

Becuase of what he said he would do.....not due to anything about his experience.

The second most popular reason?

Lesser of the two evils.

Sounds like this was a man who got elected by the words of his speech writers, the vision of his campaign manager and the lack of serious competition.

And look at the result.

Pathetic. Not too many are happy.

LOL....except for you MarcAtl...and truthmatters...and a few other clueless hacks.

What does that have to do with his intelligence?

Unutilized intelligence is not smart.

reading is not the utilization oif intelligence. One does not need to be intelligent to read. Reading is one form, of many, of acquiring information. I emphasize, "of many".

Usually the best way to acquire information is to be face to face with one offering information. You can therefore apply your ability to judge to determine the sincerity of the person and thus the validity of the information.

Unfortuantely, when reading, you are stuck in a two dimnensional world where, for all you know, the person who wrote it was giving the paper the finger saying "fuck you whoever reads this becuase it is all bullshit".

One who is intelligent does not always need to ponder decisions. Many go with their fitst instinct...and I am sure you have heard many times the old saying.....your first instinct is usually the right decision.

So your qualifying him as unintelligent for the reasons you gave does not hold much water.

Personally, I think he was intelligent...one does not get re-elected if they are not intelligent....I also think he had great leadership qualities as was evident by him not giving in to retaliation and allowing the opposition to continually demean him and not allwoing the American People to see a tit for tat fight that we are now seeing Obama allow.

I believe, in the end, history will be quite kind to him....and deservingly so.
ZOMG!!! :eek:

Boy have I never seen such kissing of a President's butt like this in my life. Come up for some air will you? You're worse off than I thought, which was already pretty bad, anyway...I digress.

Reading IS a MAJOR factor of intelligence. The ability of the human to gain knowledge, learn and apply that information in wise way in real life situation is basically the definition of intelligence.

Yes, another form is someone telling you things, which is how we learn as infants and as very young children. We learned language from hearing it repeatedly and being drilled into our subconscious and conscious minds. As we grow and age and mature, we reach a level of brain power that allows us to gain knowledge and information very efficiently, aka reading. Very few people are able to efficiently substantially increase their knowledge outside of reason, they are usually considered geniuses. People who have photographic memories tend to fall into that category. For the rest of us...reading is it (for the most part). You get the point I'm making, nuff said.

With that said, here you are praising Bush for getting re-elected, which you've previously said that Obama was only able to do this because his speeches were written for him, etc. But somehow, Bush in his magnificent splendor, managed to do it all by himself. Interesting.

I've said this to you before Jarhead...you are a very transparent RW hack. The more you post on here, the more you prove it.

Carry on.

P.S. - Why is Bush so worthy of your praise and adoration anyway? I'd really like to know.

Last edited:
You see guys, what RWers like Jarhead are desperately trying to peddle is the meme that states that Obama was totally unvetted, totally inexperienced, totally undeserving of achieving the Office of Presidency. Their meme is that he ONLY one because he was so charming and that people hated Bush so much. Their meme is that Obama didn't reach this great milestone on anything he did himself.

Yeah, the thing is, he's right!

Nope.
Wrong as uusual for you.

Look at the responses...

Becuase of what he said he would do.....not due to anything about his experience.

Lesser of the two evils.

Sounds like this was a man who got elected by the words of his speech writers, the vision of his campaign manager and the lack of serious competition.

And look at the result.

LOL....except for you MarcAtl...and truthmatters...and a few other clueless hacks.
Blame your BF Bush for that. According to your logic, Obama was only able to become President because Bush was such a miserable failure the American public wanted anyone BUT him or someone like him.

Yet, you are only raining and heaping adoration and praise upon that abysmal failure of a a President. Seems that you're the only one that was/is happy with Bush.

LOL!!! You really crack me up Jarhead.

Nope.
Wrong as uusual for you.

Look at the responses...

Lesser of the two evils.

And look at the result.

Blame your BF Bush for that. According to your logic, Obama was only able to become President because Bush was such a miserable failure the American public wanted anyone BUT him or someone like him.

Yet, you are only raining and heaping adoration and praise upon that abysmal failure of a a President. Seems that you're the only one that was/is happy with Bush.

LOL!!! You really crack me up Jarhead.

hmmmmm....

exactly where did I mention Bush?

Cant find it.

You have all taken apart all candidates that are running for the GOP nomination. You have educated us as to why Cain is a poor choice...why Bachmann is a hypocrite.....Newt is not worthy....Rommey.....and I can go on and on.

Fine...thank you.

What you have done is reviewed their years in politics, or thier years in business, their years as a privatye citizen, the actions when they were younger, the actions of their spouses...etc..etc...etc...

So now lets go back to 2008.....

Obama had a mere 2 years as a state senator and less than 18 months as a US senator.

He had a very spotty voting record in Illinois...voted present quite often and voted party lines pretty much the rest of the time...so it was difficxult to see what his thought process was
As a US senator, he voted against the surge...something that was successful and he doubled down on when he was President....so that vote was the wrong vote at the time.
The rest of his votes were either present or along party lines....so again, one can not evaluate his thought process.

So what did we want to know about him......

His acadedmic successes....but we were told no...none of our business.
His writings with the law review...we were told none of our business
His relationships with other people...we were told it is irrelevant and that we should not judge him by the actions of his mentors and supporters.....and we are racists if we try to
We asked who his friends are...we were told none of our business (anyone know of ANY friends that he has?)

SO I must ask all of you....you have dug deep to knock and find fault in the GOP runners...

So what of Obama did you evaluate when you opted to vote for him?

I tell you why I did. I voted AGAINST the 90% Bush Voters and Eskimo Barbie - not FOR Obama.
I will say that a hard-core Dem friend said he felt like he knew about Obama because so many of his views were expressed in his books.
I haven't read them and don't plan to.

As far as 2012? I'll be voting against someone again. Obama sucks. The entire GOP field sucks but I would vote for Cain or Romney over Obama. Anyone else on the ticket and I'm voting for 4 more years of hopeless unchange...

Forum List

Back