Ohio School District Bans Cellphones

Those diabolical devices are NOT necessary "during an emergency." Life carried on just fine before those electro-turds were ever invented.

Yes but it sure makes things a whole lot easier though.

Cell phones should be banned from schools and highway vehicles. Not just their use. Ban their presence.
Why should I not use a cell phone in my car? I press on button to answer the call and that is it. Anything else is done by voice command through my car.

Have an accident or breakdown and see if you need a cell phone. My current vehicle has a satellite backup that I have to pay for to do all of that automatically. Most people do not!

More and more and more districts should follow suit.
1. Great idea!

2. But in many cities, the students would just defy the ban.

3. And since the Obama Administration, students may no longer be suspended for defiance.

4. That Administration had agreed with activists that suspension for defiance was used unfairly against African American and Hispanic students.

Why should I not use a cell phone in my car? I press on button to answer the call and that is it. Anything else is done by voice command through my car.

Have an accident or breakdown and see if you need a cell phone. My current vehicle has a satellite backup that I have to pay for to do all of that automatically. Most people do not!
Of course phones have their use in cars. But they do far more harm than good. You can't drive safely while playing with a phone. THINK

Those diabolical devices are NOT necessary "during an emergency." Life carried on just fine before those electro-turds were ever invented.

are your knuckles bleeding from scraping along the cement as you walk along you stone-aged ape? This is 2024, you might want to join in. Slide rules went out in the 80s’

Maybe teach them to use the phones to help them learn more quickly? I am unsure on this issue. Phones can be used to cheat on tests perhaps? Or you could encourage them to use it productively?

All school districts need to ban cell phones in schools. They are nothing but a distraction.

For those caught with one after the ban takes effect, I say give them an automatic F for the semester.

That is a lie, but you knew it when you wrote it.
This is what I read during the Obama Administration.

Some activists for African Americans and Hispanics complained that their children were being singled out for suspension due to defiance.

The schools were ordered to stop suspension for defiance.

Here in Los Angeles, suspensions for defiance immediately disappeared.

As a moderator, you have the power to delete my post if you think that I am a liar.

Some activists for African Americans and Hispanics complained that their children were being singled out for suspension due to defiance.

As a moderator, you have the power to delete my post if you think that I am a liar.

Remember the back stories around “out of control minority students” at the Pakland HS shooting? If schools wanted dirty Obama FED money they had to hit quotas.

They all know it, everyone does. But those kind run from thread to thread like packs of wild dogs acting ignorant.

Last edited:

What you experienced may have been the policy of the LAUSD, but there was no such federal policy.

Forum List

Back