Ohio House Speaker Sentenced To 20 Years

Wow! Republican speaker of the House, the state chairman of the Republican Party and three other Republicans. Sounds like, in Ohio Republicans just cannot be trusted.:omg:
so because 4 people found to be corrupt you decide to box every republican in a single group,,,

theres are words for that I am sure,, chickenshit would be one of them,,

Wow! Republican speaker of the House, the state chairman of the Republican Party and three other Republicans. Sounds like, in Ohio Republicans just cannot be trusted.:omg:
They get more like you filthy democrats each day, don't they?

so because 4 people found to be corrupt you decide to box every republican in a single group,,,

Dude, not just any Republicans. One was not only the Member of the Ohio House of Representatives, but Speaker of the House of Representative, while Matt Borges had been the Chairman of the Republican Party, but a rap sheet going back to 2005. These were the leaders of Republicans in that state. Somehow you don't seem like an Ohio Republican, so you sound like you are just a contrarian. Where were you when these guys went on trial. I guess you can support him in prison, now, as the judge rejected him having a report date and had marshals hook him up, on the spot.

Dude, not just any Republicans. One was not only the Member of the Ohio House of Representatives, but Speaker of the House of Representative, while Matt Borges had been the Chairman of the Republican Party, but a rap sheet going back to 2005. These were the leaders of Republicans in that state. Somehow you don't seem like an Ohio Republican, so you sound like you are just a contrarian. Where were you when these guys went on trial. I guess you can support him in prison, now, as the judge rejected him having a report date and had marshals hook him up, on the spot.
using your logic every democrat in washington is a pedophile,,,

very dishonest of you to lump every repube in because of a few,,,

but it is expected you would do such a thing,,

In one of the largest corruption cases in Ohio history, former state House Speaker Larry Householder was sentenced Thursday to the maximum 20 years in prison for orchestrating a nearly $60 million illegal bribery scheme that fueled his return to political power.

Once one of the most powerful politicians in Ohio, Householder is now a convicted felon, guilty of racketeering conspiracy and breaking the public's trust. He was immediately taken into custody in federal court in Cincinnati.

[snip]

Householder, former Ohio Republican Party chairman Matt Borges and three other men were charged with participating in a pay-to-play scheme that helped Householder win control of the Ohio House of Representatives in 2018, pass a $1.3 billion bailout for two nuclear plants in House Bill 6 and defend that law against a ballot initiative to block it.

This guy is your basic mobster. He ran the entire pay-for-play scheme like a mobster, and was not afraid to threaten the families of his fellow Republicans who were honest.

During the trial, witnesses detailed Householder's vengeful behavior. In secretly recorded conversations, Householder promised retribution on two GOP lawmakers: "If you're going to f--k with me, I'm going to f--k with your kids."

In this case, we have ACTUAL bribery and ACTUAL recordings.

Problem is that Householder was in the right.

{...
Householder win control of the Ohio House of Representatives in 2018, pass a $1.3 billion bailout for two nuclear plants in House Bill 6 and defend that law against a ballot initiative to block it.
...}

Nuclear plants are essential.
They should be bailed out.
We only have 40 years of gas and oil left.

Not necessarily.
They may have been the good guys.
Nuclear power is essential.

using your logic every democrat in washington is a pedophile,,,

very dishonest of you to lump every repube in because of a few,,,

but it is expected you would do such a thing,,
Well, the absolute proven feral criminality and conviction goes up to the top of party leadership in that state. I have not seen the convictions of the Washington Democrats and party leadership, just what you guy keep saying. So there is that.:smoke:

Nope, democrats good, republicans bad.

I am very far left, and democrats can be as bad or worse than republicans.
Like Hillary's Arab Spring that murdered hundreds of thousands of innocent.
ACA made private health insurance mandatory.
We still have no public health care.
Both support the illegal war on drugs.

That does not mean there are any politicians who are better.

Not necessarily.
They may have been the good guys.
Nuclear power is essential.
Oh, you are an ends justifies the means kind of guy, eh?

That does not mean there are any politicians who are better.
Did you grow up in New Mexico or emigrate from another country? You are willing to go on record that all Ohio politicians are corrupt. Even the law of averages doesn't support that.

It's called a Generalization Fallacy. Something we see on this board every single day.

You guys wanna talk about George Santos? How's about Larry Craig?

Forum List

Back