Ohio House Speaker arrested on $60 million dollar bribe.

I imagine if we wanted to bad enough we could bring down many more.

Ohio House Speaker Larry Householder arrested; U.S. Attorney, FBI to announce charges related to $60 million bribe

Interesting about the "scare ads involving China".
Wow. If he is guilty, at least the sellout didn't sell cheap. Lots of money in the nuclear power industry.

LOL, I guess that is one way to look at it. LOL If you are going to do something illegal, go big. LOL

I do have to wonder what this will do to the industry in Ohio. I have a childhood friend that works in the industry. Maybe I should look to see if he is still posting.

Problem, its the norm not the exception, giving up the value of honesty to promote any political party instead of seeking a more fair & balanced group of politicians working for all people. Take the money out of politics.

Ohio House Speaker Larry Householder arrested; U.S. Attorney, FBI to announce charges related to $60 million bribe

That’s terribly unfair. Just about all the pols in the imperial capital on the Potomac do this kind of thing every day.

It would be cool if he decided to use that as a defense and started naming names.

Wow. If he is guilty, at least the sellout didn't sell cheap. Lots of money in the nuclear power industry.

LOL, I guess that is one way to look at it. LOL If you are going to do something illegal, go big. LOL

I do have to wonder what this will do to the industry in Ohio. I have a childhood friend that works in the industry. Maybe I should look to see if he is still posting.
I am in favor of the Nuclear power industry, especially as it is handled in TN, as TVA is excellent, but like everybody else, would not want a plant built behind my house, LOL.
The bribery thing, (if true) is serious and I would be highly disappointed in the officials involved, no matter what party, if it were found in my state.

I am in favor of the Nuclear power industry, especially as it is handled in TN, as TVA is excellent, but like everybody else, would not want a plant built behind my house, LOL.
The bribery thing, (if true) is serious and I would be highly disappointed in the officials involved, no matter what party, if it were found in my state.

A rare fair assessment.

This isn't all that shocking. Ohio's energy sector got it's massive taxpayer funded bailouts and they had to reward their friends for making it comes to pass.

Hanford Washington has a reactor plant 67% completed, they could convert it to a THORIUM reactor.

A rare fair assessment.
Thanks. Had a lucid moment.

Hanford Washington has a reactor plant 67% completed, they could convert it to a THORIUM reactor.
Not sure what to think about that. Hanford is one of the oldest in the industry and have certainly had problems with their waste. I am not studied in the difference or advantage of converting to a Thorium reactor.
If you are up there, what does Washington think about it? What happens out there is often very interesting, but usually does not actually effect me, over 2,000 miles away.

This wasn't a point I came up with but it is a point I saw argued. Since this was passed with what seems a huge bribery package, should that not void the entire thing?

This wasn't a point I came up with but it is a point I saw argued. Since this was passed with what seems a huge bribery package, should that not void the entire thing?
How much government tax money is in it and how close to completion? Certainly do not care if a private ownership company and all it's investors lose everything in a crooked deal, but would have to know how it would effect the tax payers if they had a stake in it. Before I could have an opinion.

Forum List

Back