Oh My: NYT Editorial Board Concedes Trump is Right on Border Crisis,

There is a crisis at the southern border...a crisis that Democrats have steadfastly denied was taking place...a crisis that is increasing in scope. That's on THEM! Barack Obama repeatedly promised to address immigration reform and never did so despite having huge majorities in the House and Senate. Democrats deliberately ignored that issue because they want illegals pouring into the country. Why? It's because they see them as a source of political power down the road.

The same reasons that Bush II and Clinton and Bush I and Reagan refused to fix it. The same reason that Trump will talk a lot about it and never fix it

Because they were terrified of being branded as anti Hispanic racists by people like you, GG? Trump could care less because you're going to label him as a racist no matter WHAT he does!

Last edited:
There has been an emergency at the border for decades. That's why we have 20 million illegals in our country that cost us billions each year.

Build the damned wall. Once its up we can boot that 20 million right back to Mexico and save we tax payers billions.

I'm guessing that you didn't read the article either. Perhaps you should try reading it.

Don't need to read it. We've had an emergency on the border for decades. That's why we have 20 million illegals in our country that cost us billions each year

If you don't see that as an emergency then you obviously don't mind spending your hard earned money on illegals.

Barack Obama repeatedly promised to address immigration reform and never did so despite having huge majorities in the House and Senate.

If I recall correctly, Obama had to drop immigration because he wanted a stiffer reform plan then Pelosi was willing to tolerate.

With all due respect, Stormy...Barack Obama was never bright enough to craft legislation...if anything was going to be done on immigration it was going to be done by Pelosi and Harry Reid. Barry would have signed whatever they sent him. Putting his name on other people's work is what he's done since he was in the State Legislature back in Chicago!

There is a crisis at the southern border...a crisis that Democrats have steadfastly denied was taking place...a crisis that is increasing in scope. That's on THEM! Barack Obama repeatedly promised to address immigration reform and never did so despite having huge majorities in the House and Senate. Democrats deliberately ignored that issue because they want illegals pouring into the country. Why? It's because they see them as a source of political power down the road.

The same reasons that Bush II and Clinton and Bush I and Reagan refused to fix it. The same reason that Trump will talk a lot about it and never fix it

Because they were terrified of being branded as anti Hispanic racists by people like you, GG? Trump could care less because you're going to label him as a racist no matter WHAT he does!

Poor deluded little child, you try so hard and still fail every time.

The "why" is because big business, which controls both parties, want the cheap labor in the country, that it has never been stopped and still will not be.

There has been an emergency at the border for decades. That's why we have 20 million illegals in our country that cost us billions each year.

Build the damned wall. Once its up we can boot that 20 million right back to Mexico and save we tax payers billions.

I'm guessing that you didn't read the article either. Perhaps you should try reading it.

Don't need to read it. We've had an emergency on the border for decades. That's why we have 20 million illegals in our country that cost us billions each year

If you don't see that as an emergency then you obviously don't mind spending your hard earned money on illegals.

something that has gone on for decades cannot be an emergency....
upload_2019-5-7_8-5-51.png

Poor deluded little child, you try so hard and still fail every time.

The "why" is because big business, which controls both parties, want the cheap labor in the country, that it has never been stopped and still will not be.

You could have cheap labor by instituting a worker visa program, GG! That won't happen however because Democrats don't want people here working and then leaving to go home. They want them here permanently so they can eventually use their votes to keep themselves in power. You're the one who's delusional if you think there's any OTHER reason Democrats fight so hard against border security!

View attachment 259770

Semantics, GG? That's the best you've got?

So what you're now claiming is that there is no emergency because it's been slowly getting worse for decades? That's what your going with? LOL

View attachment 259770

Semantics, GG? That's the best you've got?

words have meanings for a reason. If you ever graduate middle school you will learn that

View attachment 259770

Sure it can when it costs we tax payers billions every year and Americans are robbed, raped and murdered by illegals every year.

I call that an emergency even if you don't. I sure don't like my hard earned money being spent on people that shouldn't be here.

Eisenhauer had the right idea and it worked and we should be doing the same thing right now.

View attachment 259770

Sure it can when it costs we tax payers billions every year and Americans are robbed, raped and murdered by illegals every year.

I call that an emergency even if you don't. I sure don't like my hard earned money being spent on people that shouldn't be here.

Eisenhauer had the right idea and it worked and we should be doing the same thing right now.

you can call it whatever you like, that does not change what it is

View attachment 259770

Same goes for you. You can call it what you want but that doesn't change what it is.

An emergency that costs we tax payers billions each year.

View attachment 259770

Same goes for you. You can call it what you want but that doesn't change what it is.

An emergency is something unforeseen or unexpected...this is the expected result of 40 years of a broken immigration system.

View attachment 259770

An emergency is something unforeseen or unexpected...this is the expected result of 40 years of a broken immigration system.

yeah???? Sure it's been going on for years...…..but it becomes an emergency when the numbers skyrocket to record levels in such a short of time

This is going to end up in street by street hand to hand combat. Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador are among the most violent in the world. That's what's coming.

Read much more at
Townhall.com ^ | May 6, 2019

1f9e86f8-b868-4337-aea0-c2c98b8616bb.png

Everyone knows the old sayings about broken clocks and blind squirrels, but I'll confess to being genuinely surprised by this one. The editors of the New York Times, one of the most reliably liberal mainstream publications in America, are no longer able to ignore or abide the ongoing chaos at the Southern border. In a new house editorial, they acknowledge reality and urge Congressional Democrats to get serious about the problem -- including a call to fulfill the Trump administration's latest budget request on this front:

New York Times Editorial Board: “President Trump is right: There is a crisis at the southern border.” pic.twitter.com/YTPAUl2fTQ— Arthur Schwartz (@ArthurSchwartz) May 6, 2019

The piece includes some throat clearing and shots at the president, but its overall message is at least somewhat constructive. And it's a far cry from Democrats' bogus "manufactured crisis" rhetoric of recent months:

President Trump is right: There is a crisis at the southern border. Just not the one he rants about...But as record numbers of Central American families flee violence and poverty in their homelands, they are overwhelming United States border systems, fueling a humanitarian crisis of overcrowding, disease and chaos. The Border Patrol is now averaging 1,200 daily arrests, with many migrants arriving exhausted and sick...On Wednesday, the White House sent Congress a request for $4.5 billion in emergency funding to help manage the surge. In a letter to lawmakers, the acting director of the White House’s budget office, Russell Vought, sought to convey the scope of the challenge. “In February, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) encountered more than 76,000 illegal border crossers and inadmissible aliens, and in March that number exceeded 100,000 — the highest monthly level in more than a decade,” Mr. Vought wrote. He described what he said were “alarming numbers” of women and children jammed into Border Patrol stations never intended as long-term shelters.

Funding for vital services is not expected to last through the fiscal year, Mr. Vought said. Most urgently, the program that deals with unaccompanied minors is expected to run dry next month, requiring resources to be diverted from other programs and leading to a further deterioration in conditions...Nearly three-quarters of the funds, $3.3 billion, would be earmarked for humanitarian needs, with much of it flowing to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, the agency responsible for unaccompanied minors. None of the money would go toward Mr. Trump’s border wall. Several hundred million dollars would, however, go toward shoring up border security operations, including increasing the number of detention beds overseen by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE. This, for Democrats, is a nonstarter...The Democratic chairwoman of the House Appropriations Committee, Nita Lowey of New York, said that the administration was seeking billions of dollars to “double down on cruel and ill-conceived policies” and bail out ICE for locking up more migrant families than it could humanely accommodate. But until better policies are in place, Democrats need to find a way to provide money for adequate shelter.

------------

The Times has figured out that the Demon party doesn’t stand a snowballs chance in hell next election if the Head Demons don’t get behind most Americans on this issue...

This is what happens when you rely on a tabloid blog tell you what the NYT said, instead of reading the NYT. You end up with ridiculous ideas about what the NYT editorial said.
President Trump is right: There is a crisis at the southern border.

donny grifter 10,000 lies and counting...

donny grifter 10,000 lies and counting...
The border is under an intentional concerted assault so your asinine trolling isn't appreciated or on subject.
Morons like you fiddle while our border suffers through a human invasion. Fuck off!

Forum List

Back