Oh My: NYT Editorial Board Concedes Trump is Right on Border Crisis,

Read much more at
Townhall.com ^ | May 6, 2019

1f9e86f8-b868-4337-aea0-c2c98b8616bb.png

Everyone knows the old sayings about broken clocks and blind squirrels, but I'll confess to being genuinely surprised by this one. The editors of the New York Times, one of the most reliably liberal mainstream publications in America, are no longer able to ignore or abide the ongoing chaos at the Southern border. In a new house editorial, they acknowledge reality and urge Congressional Democrats to get serious about the problem -- including a call to fulfill the Trump administration's latest budget request on this front:

New York Times Editorial Board: “President Trump is right: There is a crisis at the southern border.” pic.twitter.com/YTPAUl2fTQ— Arthur Schwartz (@ArthurSchwartz) May 6, 2019

The piece includes some throat clearing and shots at the president, but its overall message is at least somewhat constructive. And it's a far cry from Democrats' bogus "manufactured crisis" rhetoric of recent months:

President Trump is right: There is a crisis at the southern border. Just not the one he rants about...But as record numbers of Central American families flee violence and poverty in their homelands, they are overwhelming United States border systems, fueling a humanitarian crisis of overcrowding, disease and chaos. The Border Patrol is now averaging 1,200 daily arrests, with many migrants arriving exhausted and sick...On Wednesday, the White House sent Congress a request for $4.5 billion in emergency funding to help manage the surge. In a letter to lawmakers, the acting director of the White House’s budget office, Russell Vought, sought to convey the scope of the challenge. “In February, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) encountered more than 76,000 illegal border crossers and inadmissible aliens, and in March that number exceeded 100,000 — the highest monthly level in more than a decade,” Mr. Vought wrote. He described what he said were “alarming numbers” of women and children jammed into Border Patrol stations never intended as long-term shelters.

Funding for vital services is not expected to last through the fiscal year, Mr. Vought said. Most urgently, the program that deals with unaccompanied minors is expected to run dry next month, requiring resources to be diverted from other programs and leading to a further deterioration in conditions...Nearly three-quarters of the funds, $3.3 billion, would be earmarked for humanitarian needs, with much of it flowing to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, the agency responsible for unaccompanied minors. None of the money would go toward Mr. Trump’s border wall. Several hundred million dollars would, however, go toward shoring up border security operations, including increasing the number of detention beds overseen by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE. This, for Democrats, is a nonstarter...The Democratic chairwoman of the House Appropriations Committee, Nita Lowey of New York, said that the administration was seeking billions of dollars to “double down on cruel and ill-conceived policies” and bail out ICE for locking up more migrant families than it could humanely accommodate. But until better policies are in place, Democrats need to find a way to provide money for adequate shelter.

------------

The Times has figured out that the Demon party doesn’t stand a snowballs chance in hell next election if the Head Demons don’t get behind most Americans on this issue...

This is what happens when you rely on a tabloid blog tell you what the NYT said, instead of reading the NYT. You end up with ridiculous ideas about what the NYT editorial said.
President Trump is right: There is a crisis at the southern border.

donny grifter 10,000 lies and counting...
What a fucking idiot you are....Seems these lying commies will regurgitate ANYTHING the leftist media says

“Debunking the Washington Post list of ‘trump lies ... "lies" was something along the lines that sex trafficking isn't really a problem in the US since there are less than 10.000 children working in the sex industry..... but if anyone is interested there are many examples of this bullshit....like the border wall will disrupt nature....but I have no time or desire to give validity to this POS.

Don't need to read it. We've had an emergency on the border for decades. That's why we have 20 million illegals in our country that cost us billions each year

If you don't see that as an emergency then you obviously don't mind spending your hard earned money on illegals.

something that has gone on for decades cannot be an emergency....
View attachment 259770

Sure it can when it costs we tax payers billions every year and Americans are robbed, raped and murdered by illegals every year.

I call that an emergency even if you don't. I sure don't like my hard earned money being spent on people that shouldn't be here.

Eisenhauer had the right idea and it worked and we should be doing the same thing right now.

you can call it whatever you like, that does not change what it is

Same goes for you. You can call it what you want but that doesn't change what it is.

An emergency that costs we tax payers billions each year.

An emergency is something unforeseen or unexpected...this is the expected result of 40 years of a broken immigration system.

It sure is and its been an emergency for 40 years and no one but Trump is trying to do something about it.

These people are just coming to be hired at a donny grifter business.
They are coming for Uncle Scam's free stuff most of all. We don't need thousands of leaf blower operators
and lawn mowing technicians crossing over the border every single day! We already have more than enough.

Read much more at

Everyone knows the old sayings about broken clocks and blind squirrels, but I'll confess to being genuinely surprised by this one. The editors of the New York Times, one of the most reliably liberal mainstream publications in America, are no longer able to ignore or abide the ongoing chaos at the Southern border. In a new house editorial, they acknowledge reality and urge Congressional Democrats to get serious about the problem -- including a call to fulfill the Trump administration's latest budget request on this front:

New York Times Editorial Board: “President Trump is right: There is a crisis at the southern border.” pic.twitter.com/YTPAUl2fTQ— Arthur Schwartz (@ArthurSchwartz) May 6, 2019

The piece includes some throat clearing and shots at the president, but its overall message is at least somewhat constructive. And it's a far cry from Democrats' bogus "manufactured crisis" rhetoric of recent months:

President Trump is right: There is a crisis at the southern border. Just not the one he rants about...But as record numbers of Central American families flee violence and poverty in their homelands, they are overwhelming United States border systems, fueling a humanitarian crisis of overcrowding, disease and chaos. The Border Patrol is now averaging 1,200 daily arrests, with many migrants arriving exhausted and sick...On Wednesday, the White House sent Congress a request for $4.5 billion in emergency funding to help manage the surge. In a letter to lawmakers, the acting director of the White House’s budget office, Russell Vought, sought to convey the scope of the challenge. “In February, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) encountered more than 76,000 illegal border crossers and inadmissible aliens, and in March that number exceeded 100,000 — the highest monthly level in more than a decade,” Mr. Vought wrote. He described what he said were “alarming numbers” of women and children jammed into Border Patrol stations never intended as long-term shelters.

Funding for vital services is not expected to last through the fiscal year, Mr. Vought said. Most urgently, the program that deals with unaccompanied minors is expected to run dry next month, requiring resources to be diverted from other programs and leading to a further deterioration in conditions...Nearly three-quarters of the funds, $3.3 billion, would be earmarked for humanitarian needs, with much of it flowing to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, the agency responsible for unaccompanied minors. None of the money would go toward Mr. Trump’s border wall. Several hundred million dollars would, however, go toward shoring up border security operations, including increasing the number of detention beds overseen by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE. This, for Democrats, is a nonstarter...The Democratic chairwoman of the House Appropriations Committee, Nita Lowey of New York, said that the administration was seeking billions of dollars to “double down on cruel and ill-conceived policies” and bail out ICE for locking up more migrant families than it could humanely accommodate. But until better policies are in place, Democrats need to find a way to provide money for adequate shelter.

------------

The Times has figured out that the Demon party doesn’t stand a snowballs chance in hell next election if the Head Demons don’t get behind most Americans on this issue...

This is what happens when you rely on a tabloid blog tell you what the NYT said, instead of reading the NYT. You end up with ridiculous ideas about what the NYT editorial said.

What a fucking idiot you are....Seems these lying commies will regurgitate ANYTHING the leftist media says

“Debunking the Washington Post list of ‘trump lies ... "lies" was something along the lines that sex trafficking isn't really a problem in the US since there are less than 10.000 children working in the sex industry..... but if anyone is interested there are many examples of this bullshit....like the border wall will disrupt nature....but I have no time or desire to give validity to this POS.

10,001 and counting....

“WASHINGTON: The day after the White House released a stern statement announcing the immediate deployments of an aircraft carrier strike group and bomber wing to the Persian Gulf to deter an unnamed Iranian threat, Navy chief Adm. John Richardson was put in what has become a familiar position for the Pentagon brass: explaining a surprise White House statement on a controversial topic.

In response to National Security Advisor Advisor John Bolton’s Sunday evening statement that the forces were being dispatched to the Gulf in response to “a number of troubling and escalatory indications and warnings,” by Iran, Richardson said Monday that, essentially, the deployment was just business as usual.

“The Abraham Lincoln Strike Group was planned to deploy for some time now,” Richardson told the SeaAirSpace conference. He touted the Lincoln’s new route to the Gulf as an example of “dynamic force employment,” a new Navy tactic that is meant to surprise potential adversaries by having US ships show up off their coastlines without warning.

He didn’t explain how a White House press release is an example of tactical surprise.”

Is Navy chief Adm. John Richardson part of your huge Liberal conspiracy too?

View attachment 259770

Sure it can when it costs we tax payers billions every year and Americans are robbed, raped and murdered by illegals every year.

I call that an emergency even if you don't. I sure don't like my hard earned money being spent on people that shouldn't be here.

Eisenhauer had the right idea and it worked and we should be doing the same thing right now.

Same goes for you. You can call it what you want but that doesn't change what it is.

An emergency is something unforeseen or unexpected...this is the expected result of 40 years of a broken immigration system.

It sure is and its been an emergency for 40 years and no one but Trump is trying to do something about it.

If it were an emergency, why did Trump wait for 2 years and till after he lost the House to do something about it?

If it were an emergency, why did Trump wait for 2 years and till after he lost the House to do something about it?

Ask him. I would have done something while I had the House and the Senate.

It was a political decision, which shows he did not really think it was an emergency

He didn’t explain how a White House press release is an example of tactical surprise.”
The movement of an entire aircraft carrier strike force is the tactical surprise, though surprise in this case is meant to convey something that happens suddenly and it's surely observable anyway.
It's obviously not meant to imply something that's covert or hidden. How could it be?

Obviously not.

It was a political decision, which shows he did not really think it was an emergency

I doubt that. He wants the wall so you know its something that's been on his mind for a while.

Trump knew he wasn't guilty of collusion with the Russians but that's what was all over the news and I'd bet he was tied up with what was going on with Mueller's report.

Maybe he knew he didn't have the votes in the Senate?? Who knows?? I sure don't.

Last edited:
Read much more at

------------

10,001 and counting....

“WASHINGTON: The day after the White House released a stern statement announcing the immediate deployments of an aircraft carrier strike group and bomber wing to the Persian Gulf to deter an unnamed Iranian threat, Navy chief Adm. John Richardson was put in what has become a familiar position for the Pentagon brass: explaining a surprise White House statement on a controversial topic.

In response to National Security Advisor Advisor John Bolton’s Sunday evening statement that the forces were being dispatched to the Gulf in response to “a number of troubling and escalatory indications and warnings,” by Iran, Richardson said Monday that, essentially, the deployment was just business as usual.

“The Abraham Lincoln Strike Group was planned to deploy for some time now,” Richardson told the SeaAirSpace conference. He touted the Lincoln’s new route to the Gulf as an example of “dynamic force employment,” a new Navy tactic that is meant to surprise potential adversaries by having US ships show up off their coastlines without warning.

Every asshole has an opinion and I just read another assholes opinion....He'll the Surrender Monkey forced out 197 high ranking military men BECAUSE they wouldn't play ball with a Muslim terrorist supporter!
Obama's Military Coup Purges 197 Officers In Five Years | Investor's
Oct 29, 2013 · Yet what has happened to our officer corps since President Obama took office ... Nine senior commanding generals have been fired by the Obama

Barack Obama repeatedly promised to address immigration reform and never did so despite having huge majorities in the House and Senate.

If I recall correctly, Obama had to drop immigration because he wanted a stiffer reform plan then Pelosi was willing to tolerate.

With all due respect, Stormy...Barack Obama was never bright enough to craft legislation...if anything was going to be done on immigration it was going to be done by Pelosi and Harry Reid. Barry would have signed whatever they sent him. Putting his name on other people's work is what he's done since he was in the State Legislature back in Chicago!

Whenever anyone starts a sentence with the words "With all due respect", you know that the following comment will not be respectful in way.

Obama is a constitutional lawyer, and more than capable of drafting legislation than the current President. Trump sits around issuing orders like a monarch, and telling voters he has "plans", none of which he'll produce for public viewing after the election. Obama hit the ground ready to go, with 3 major pieces of legislation ready to present to Congress for sponsorship and passage, by his Inauguration Date.

Trump blustered about and didn't even have a Cabinet ready for confirmation by Inauguration Day, much less legislation ready for the House. Now, I don't expect the President to dictate the laws while his staff types them up, but I expect the President to LEAD his/her administration to enact his agenda.

This President has not shown anything close to leadership skills. He spent the first year of his administration hiring and firing cabinet members, and White House staffers in an effort to get the "right team" around him. And stepping in shit because he didn't know how to get anything done. He still doesn't and it doesn't appear that the President is interested in doing ANYTHING for the country in terms of infrastructure, education, health care or trade. All of his initialitves in this regard have lead to failure.

Trump's Congressional Leaders were two useless pieces of shit who keep waiting for instructions from the White House, because they didn't want to enact ANY of the Presidents crazy agenda, except the tax cuts. And they made damn good and sure that when the bill was written, the rich got most of the tax breaks, and working people got screwed, because that's what Republicans do.

McConnell proved he's a clueless fool once again this morning. By claiming that the Mueller Investigation is all about the refusal of Democrats to accept the results of the election, he's adopted Donald Trump's lies. The lies leave the USA dangerously open to more Russian interference in 2020, and Trump's hour long conversation with Putin about the Mueller Report is very telling indeed.

Republicans seem to be all too willing to ignore, downplay and outright lie about Russian interference and to bury the Mueller Report's damning conclusion that this President was all too willing to cooperate with Russians, or anyone else who would smear his opponent. He was also more than willing to obstruct the investigation at every turn.

View attachment 259770

yeah???? Sure it's been going on for years...…..but it becomes an emergency when the numbers skyrocket to record levels in such a short of time

The numbers are NOT at anything close to what they've been in past years. They're the highest they've been since the beginning of the Great Recession. Prior to the Obama Administration and their get tough tactics, the numbers of illegal border crossing were higher under W than they currently are under Trump.

Trump has driven up the numbers himself with his xenophobic rhetoric. A decade of focus on deporting primarily criminal immigrants has sent the worst of the worst back to where they came from. The problems have arisen because the young men who were deported weren't raised or criminalized in their home countries, they were criminalized in the USA. Their gangs are headquartered in the USA. So while the Central American drug gangs are driving refugees to American borders, it is their American gang leaders and their headquarters who are buying the drugs and obtaining weapons on their behalf.

Americans' easy access to guns has allowed them to funnel the latest and most destructive weapons to gang syndicates all over the world.

yeah???? Sure it's been going on for years...…..but it becomes an emergency when the numbers skyrocket to record levels in such a short of time

The numbers are NOT at anything close to what they've been in past years. They're the highest they've been since the beginning of the Great Recession. Prior to the Obama Administration and their get tough tactics, the numbers of illegal border crossing were higher under W than they currently are under Trump.

Trump has driven up the numbers himself with his xenophobic rhetoric. A decade of focus on deporting primarily criminal immigrants has sent the worst of the worst back to where they came from. The problems have arisen because the young men who were deported weren't raised or criminalized in their home countries, they were criminalized in the USA. Their gangs are headquartered in the USA. So while the Central American drug gangs are driving refugees to American borders, it is their American gang leaders and their headquarters who are buying the drugs and obtaining weapons on their behalf.

Americans' easy access to guns has allowed them to funnel the latest and most destructive weapons to gang syndicates all over the world.

Yeah????? You have a link to any of that????

Tell that shit to the people that actually have to deal with the border areas on a daily basis. Border security would tell of a much different situation than you describe...…...and of course land owners that have to deal with those that get past Border Security.

You go right ahead and turn a blind eye and spin your tale if it makes you feel better for having lost once again. :spinner:

This is going to end up in street by street hand to hand combat. Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador are among the most violent in the world. That's what's coming.

What's with you Russian posters and this "blood in the streets" scenario? There is no violence from the refugees.

The most violence in America is being perpetrated by right wing crazies shooting up temples and mosques.

This is going to end up in street by street hand to hand combat. Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador are among the most violent in the world. That's what's coming.

What's with you Russian posters and this "blood in the streets" scenario? There is no violence from the refugees.

The most violence in America is being perpetrated by right wing crazies shooting up temples and mosques.
No violence in border cities? You a liar or just stupid as a pile of shit?

Forum List

Back