Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

That still leaves 2 scum alive and well. Is the cop being set up?

Avatar, you got some 'splainin' to do.

Are you claiming that Avatar is scum?

I take it 'scum' refers to the mafia, correct?

I'm saying that trying to get the town cop and doctor to reveal themselves with 2 scum still active sounds pretty suspicious.

... To say off the bat who is scum would make me very suspicious of the person saying it. What better way to get the heat off him/herself than to make accusations and convince others to do the same?

Good point. In my case what Avatar said is just too illogical, too dangerous for the town's protectors. Why should they reveal themselves with 2 scum/mafia still alive?

I understand where Avatar was going with his thought, but his thinking is flawed. The doctor doesn't have to reveal himself, he/she just has to protect the cop once the mafia rollblocker is gone.

However, how do we know the cop is truly the cop and not a mafia person trying to impersonate the cop? :dunno:

I'm saying that trying to get the town cop and doctor to reveal themselves with 2 scum still active sounds pretty suspicious.

... To say off the bat who is scum would make me very suspicious of the person saying it. What better way to get the heat off him/herself than to make accusations and convince others to do the same?

Good point. In my case what Avatar said is just too illogical, too dangerous for the town's protectors. Why should they reveal themselves with 2 scum/mafia still alive?

I understand where Avatar was going with his thought, but his thinking is flawed. The doctor doesn't have to reveal himself, he/she just has to protect the cop once the mafia rollblocker is gone.

However, how do we know the cop is truly the cop and not a mafia person trying to impersonate the cop? :dunno:

Good point.

Another problem with this line of thought is if the cop is revealed and the Dr. is killed, that leaves the cop wide open for a Mafia kill. That could be countered by the Dr. revealing themself but that leaves the Dr. open for a mafia kill. And lying is supposed to be a scummy thing to do so any of the scum could lie and say they are a power role but then if they get someone killed that way, they are done for as well.

Hmmm, complexities, complexities, complexities.

I have to knock off early tonight, so unless someone comes in very soon and gives themselves away my vote will be a No Vote

I'm a No Vote also at this point. Tomorrow I'll random vote someone if I can't figure anything out. It may be later in the day if I have to work.

Thanks Grandma, I get it now.

I don't think we should go after lurkers too early. That didn't work so well last time.

I also am not going to immediately suspect Avatar because I'm thinking of the odds and how likely he will be to be scum twice in a row? I'm not saying it can't happen but it just doesn't seem as likely to me at this point. He plays the game well and could be vital to town if we hold off lynching him just because he won last time. ;)

Okay, now you are beginning to sound suspicious as mafia scum, trying to protect the Godfather or roleblocker.

Perhaps that is exactly what Wake figured, that we would not suspect Avatar because he was scum the last time....hmmmm, Wake may have thought he did such a good job the last time that he may want to see if he can do it again.... however, the first one is always just a hit or miss kind of vote, because we can't analyze their vote...all we have is their word, which is worthless since we know everyone lies.

The roles are randomized

We need to take out the role blocker asap. When we kill him then our cop can work out in the open and our doc can save him each night while he investigates.

We need to take out the first one we find.

CaféAuLait;9117285 said:
CaféAuLait;9117219 said:
True, you and Avi were scum last time, didn't Cereal Killer catch Moon with Moon's "your town" comment?

hummmmmm 'we caught'. Does that mean you are scum again? :eek:

The last game we had two sets of Mafia, Red and Blue. Shaitra was red, had no way of knowing that Moonglow was blue mafia. She might have voted for him hoping he was a Townie, though, but he turned out to be blue mafia.

Ahhhh, that explains why Sharita and Avi were all over that post after CK caught Moon out. I get it now, they wanted to eliminate the other competition.... thought they all were in on it together. Thank you Mertex. :eusa_angel:

Can't speak for shaitra. but we werent communicating at that point. our communication didn't start till moonglow was lynched. So it never even occurred to me that Moonglow could be so foolish as to actually out himself as mafia. I just needed someone lynched to start planning.

But how will we be able to assess if you are scum or town?

Right now, I don't see any way to know who is scum and who isn't. This just started a little while ago. Being a Sunday, let alone the weekend, some people probably aren't going to bother with checking this forum to see if the game started or not. To say off the bat who is scum would make me very suspicious of the person saying it. What better way to get the heat off him/herself than to make accusations and convince others to do the same?

The very first vote is always just a guess. Nobody is going to incriminate themselves and come out and admit they are scum. We may get lucky and get a scum or we may end up killing one of our own. It's only after people start accusing others that you are going to get some feedback to try and figure out if they sound innocent or guilty. If nobody makes any assumptions, we don't get to hear their appeals.

I think Avatar is a good candidate for scum simply because he was Scum last time and played a good game and most think that he couldn't possibly be scum again. If he can make a good case as to why he isn't scum, then by all means let him do it.

I can certainly understand. The roles are randomized. I could have gotten scum again even though it's unlikely. I didn't. I'm innocent.

Believe me if I was scum I wouldn't be suggesting we use the cop and doctor more effectively than the last time.

That still leaves 2 scum alive and well. Is the cop being set up?

Avatar, you got some 'splainin' to do.

I never suggested they reveal themselves. I said after we have found the role blocker, the cop can reveal him or herself. and the doctor who is still hiding can protect him while he investigates. That way the scum can't stop us until they find the doctor first. It will atleast help us find the goon. It wont help with the godfather though.

I'm with Mertex on the pseudo voting, and with keeping more to the deadlines. I'm usually on very late, almost never before 4pm eastern, more like 8pm or later, and I miss all the action.

I totally understand about missing all the action!

Your 4pm is my 1pm .

I think Avatar may be up in the middle of the night to help with the baby.....?

Vote:Manifold

I think he's the godfather...no reasoning behind it. :D

Im an insomniac and she's a toddler now.

Mani could be the godfather, just personality wise, but i think the odds are low that he got it.

I've thought about that quite a bit.

Cop stays hidden until he's found the roleblocker through his investigations. Assuming we don't take the roleblocker out before then. He tells us who the roleblocker is. We lynch person. If that person turns out to be the roleblocker, they are the cop and doctor protects them. If it's an innocent, we have a mafia pretending and the person making the false claim gets lynched the next day.

It's better than randomly attacking someone through paranoia and playing into their hands.

Another problem with this line of thought is if the cop is revealed and the Dr. is killed, that leaves the cop wide open for a Mafia kill. That could be countered by the Dr. revealing themself but that leaves the Dr. open for a mafia kill. And lying is supposed to be a scummy thing to do so any of the scum could lie and say they are a power role but then if they get someone killed that way, they are done for as well.

Hmmm, complexities, complexities, complexities.

It only works if the doctor and cop survive long enough to find the roleblocker. Doctor doesn't reveal himself to protect a person. he/she just does with a night time action.

Again, it's better than just randomly killing people.

I agree with you Aye. I think anyone pushing for a quick kill is suspicious. In the beginning it is going to be tough to decide but there is absolutely no hurry.

I really have not much else to add besides what I have already and at this point no one looks suspicious to me at all.

Time will tell.

Maybe at the time you posted this no one looked suspicious, but MeBelle has all of a sudden cast a vote to lynch Mani. She didn't even pay attention to our suggestion about making it a Temp vote, she seems a little anxious, don't you think? Yes, time is telling....:D

Based on the quick vote, I'm going to cast a temp vote for Mebelle60.

Temp vote: Mebelle60

(I hope that Wake will give us a vote count, including the temp votes as well as the hard votes)

I agree with you Aye. I think anyone pushing for a quick kill is suspicious. In the beginning it is going to be tough to decide but there is absolutely no hurry.

I really have not much else to add besides what I have already and at this point no one looks suspicious to me at all.

Time will tell.

Maybe at the time you posted this no one looked suspicious, but MeBelle has all of a sudden cast a vote to lynch Mani. She didn't even pay attention to our suggestion about making it a Temp vote, she seems a little anxious, don't you think? Yes, time is telling....:D

Oh please. I threw out a vote to get this party started! We all know how long winded Avatar is too!

Last edited:

Time will tell.

Oh please. I threw out a vote to get this party started! We all know how long winded Avatar is too!

Guilty. I am loquacious. and the party did have to start. I didn't rush into a vote last time and I am not going to do it today.

Forum List

Back