Official USMB Mafia Game #1

Either Avatar or R.D. is mafia, I can at least be certain of that now.

Here is why. If they were both town, then the two remaining mafia would have jumped on the two votes already cast for Avatar(mine and RD's) and won the game. So the only explanation for that not happening is that at least one of them is mafia. Obviously if Avatar is mafia, RD probably isn't, and the second mafia player wouldn't jump on the vote for sure. If Avatar is town and RD is mafia, then they'd need at least one more townie to vote Avatar before they'd have enough to lynch.

Does anybody suspect R.D. at this point?

In the mean time I'm changing my vote:

Vote: No vote.

Of course, I suspect RD, but I suspect you and Avatar and dblack...:)

After combing over R.D.'s posts I'm actually leaning a little more toward him than Avatar.

I'm also no longer confident in my previous assessment of dblack. But since I know for a fact that either Avatar or R.D. are mafia, I'm not going to worry about anyone else this round.

For a fact?

The only fact you could know is who you are...and poss. your teammate.

I know for a fact I am not mafia. This is the first time I've defended myself, contrary to Avartar claiming otherwise.

Working overtime - Avatar is still my strongest suspect.

I don't really know R.D. well enough to spot anomalies in his posting style, but his overall demeanor strikes me as a little bit too cool for school. And there were a couple posts that stuck out as serious red flags, such as this one:

vote:Blackflag

Due to other votes there is little choice. I would think if BF was scum his partner would be prodding him at this point...unless, of course his partner is in the pink and unable to.

First he votes for blackflag claiming he has little choice... there is always a choice.
Then he actually makes a case for blackflag not being mafia (eerily similar to my own), which doesn't make any sense given his decision to vote for him, and then implies I might be BF's partner. And as we subsequently learned, BF was a townie.

For a fact?

The only fact you could know is who you are...and poss. your teammate.

I know for a fact I am not mafia. This is the first time I've defended myself, contrary to Avartar claiming otherwise.

Working overtime - Avatar is still my strongest suspect.

Yes, for a fact.

I know for a fact I'm townie.

Given that, I've been able to deduce that one of you is definitely mafia.

Remaining players' lynch votes cast for non-red mafia lynched:

Moonglow: Mertex, Avatar, Shaitra, dblack
Strollingbones: Avatar, Shaitra, dblack, Mertex
Blackflag: Avatar, R.D. Mertex, dblack

Mertex - All three
dblack - All three
Shaitra - two (bones & blackflag)
RD - one (blackflag)
manifold - Zero

If I'm mafia, ^that would be pretty damned impressive.

Of course now I'm second guessing my dblack assumption. :lol:

Another red flag against R.D.

I actually got the above count wrong, and R.D. also voted for bones.

Interesting that he didn't correct me.

He also voted for bones in the first round.

R.D also voted for Syrenn during the first round. She ends up dead. He did defend himself on day 2 when i mentioned it. I believe he said he just needed to vote for someone that round. I took him at his word. I will need to go back and reread the posts.

I wrote a long post. that didn't get posted because of a computer error. I am not sure what to think of mani's change. I still think mani and R.D. are partners. Is mani worried im onto him and shifting himself to look innocent, or is he really innocent?

I think Mani and R.D are the red scum still. If not both at least one is.

Also R.D has made the accusation that I am trying to claim to be the doctor. I am not. I've just taken a position earlier that I will not say whether i am the doctor or vanilla because I don't think it's prudent to announce to the mafia who is vanilla and who is the doctor. If we all claim to be vanilla they can target the doctor through the process of elimination. I want to keep them guessing. I am not changing that now.

I am saying that the scum will win if i get lynched because I am not the scum. If any of us remaining townies, whether vanilla or the Doc, get killed this round the only way to win is if the doctor protects the vanilla townie the scum target. The odds are extremely high in the favor of the scum in that situation. Especially since they still have a roleblocker who can target who they think is the doctor.

So yeah. you lynch me the game is over.

I am also not understanding this "avatar's using different terms for the mafia, clearly he's lying or shifting positions" argument. I've called them scum, mafia, the reds. How does that prove guilt or innocence simply because I call them different things that mean the same exact thing at this point. I've probably moved from using reds to just using scum because there doesn't seem to be a point to call them reds. We know the blues are gone. When i was using it on day 2, we were still differentiating between reds and blues, it seemed prudent to go with that word, now the differentiation doesn't matter as much so why not just call them scum or mafia.

I don't really know R.D. well enough to spot anomalies in his posting style, but his overall demeanor strikes me as a little bit too cool for school. And there were a couple posts that stuck out as serious red flags, such as this one:

Due to other votes there is little choice. I would think if BF was scum his partner would be prodding him at this point...unless, of course his partner is in the pink and unable to.

First he votes for blackflag claiming he has little choice... there is always a choice.
Then he actually makes a case for blackflag not being mafia (eerily similar to my own), which doesn't make any sense given his decision to vote for him, and then implies I might be BF's partner. And as we subsequently learned, BF was a townie.
A few things...I am too cool for school, I'm a she and it was after the fact that I made the case for BF.

I made the conclusions based on you're too late additions to the thread. I have already explained I totally missed what I know think were Wakes hints. The same with Rosie's hints. Not similar to your own, it was you, I gave you full credit

I assumed, still not sure, that puts you clearly in the townie camp.

I missed your tally, yes I voted SP, she went after Avatar purely on his avatar( giggle) it just seemed like giveaway. I still don't get why she played as she did.

As for Syreen, that was for shts and giggles

The only lynch that absolutely ends the game is the Doc. S/he cannot even try to protect another player lynched. Who , actually, seems to be doing a pretty bad job seeing that no one has been saved. Yet Avatar keeps says his death ends it all.

Last edited:

A few things...I am too cool for school, I'm a she and it was after the fact that I made the case for BF.

I made the conclusions based on you're too late additions to the thread. I have already explained I totally missed what I know think were Wakes hints. The same with Rosie's hints. Not similar to your own, it was you, I gave you full credit

I missed your tally, yes I voted SP, she went after Avatar purely on his avatar( giggle) it just seemed like giveaway. I still don't get why she played as she did.

The only lynch that absolutely ends the game is the Doc. S/he cannot even try to protect another player lynched. Who , actually, seems to be doing a pretty bad job seeing that no one has been saved. Yet Avatar keeps says his death ends it all.

I'm fairly confident wake isn't giving any hints.

The death of any non-mafia is going to end it all. That's why this vote is so important. The odds of us surviving if we don't lynch the scum is extremely low.

R.D. is a her? Well, you learn things everyday. I guess i just havent had enough interactions with her out of this.

I'm fairly confident wake isn't giving any hints.

The death of any non-mafia is going to end it all. That's why this vote is so important. The odds of us surviving if we don't lynch the scum is extremely low.

Unintentionally maybe. But the post I referred to was important nonetheless It's my honest opinion the townies screwed that vote up royally. Not so much the mafia/reds/scum.

Kind of scummy to do. Syrenn was making votes the first day for the same reason and she turned out to be one of the blue scum.

I still think Mani is likely the other red scum. But the more R.D talks the more I am convinced she is definitely one of them.

Vote: R.D.

I would also say that my vote change does not in anyway indicate that I think we need to rush our votes. We need to take our times and think this out. If more evidence becomes apparent through today's communications or reviews of past discussions I retain my right to change my vote.

Kind of scummy to do. Syrenn was making votes the first day for the same reason and she turned out to be one of the blue scum.

I still think Mani is likely the other red scum. But the more R.D talks the more I am convinced she is definitely one of them.

No you're not :D

No you're not :D

Sith mind tricks don't work on me.

Vote Count 4.3

No Vote (4): Mertex, Shaitra, dblack, manifold

R.D. (1): Avatar4321

The Road So Far...​

Town Cop - RosieS
Town Doctor - ?
Vanilla Townie (Bulletproof) - strollingbones
Vanilla Townie - ?
Vanilla Townie - Blackflag
Vanilla Townie - ?
Vanilla Townie - Cereal_Killer
Vanilla Townie - ?
Vanilla Townie- Mebelle60
Red Mafia Roleblocker - ?
Red Mafia Goon - ?
Blue Mafia Roleblocker - Syrenn
Blue Mafia Goon - Moonglow

~ With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!
~ Deadline ends 5/21/14, 7am central.

Last edited:
Vote Count 4.3

No Vote (3): Mertex, Shaitra, dblack

R.D. (1): Avatar4321
No-Lynch (1): manifold

The Road So Far...​

Town Cop - RosieS
Town Doctor - ?
Vanilla Townie (Bulletproof) - strollingbones
Vanilla Townie - ?
Vanilla Townie - Blackflag
Vanilla Townie - ?
Vanilla Townie - Cereal_Killer
Vanilla Townie - ?
Vanilla Townie- Mebelle60
Red Mafia Roleblocker - ?
Red Mafia Goon - ?
Blue Mafia Roleblocker - Syrenn
Blue Mafia Goon - Moonglow

~ With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!
~ Deadline ends 5/21/14, 7am central.

I didn't say no-lynch I said no vote.

Are we not allowed to go back to no vote once we've voted for someone?

[MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't say no-lynch I said no vote.

Are we not allowed to go back to no vote once we've voted for someone?

[MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]

Oh, ha! That's known as an unvote. You guys can unvote or change your votes as much as you want each Day. It's good for bluffing, too. ;-)

Forum List

Back