Official Impeachment Day Thread

More yelling by Republicans.....I guess they have to do that for their hard of hearing orange cultists.....or just like little children yelling in a temper tantrum.

Well abuse of the constitution by democrats should have Republicans livid, dummy.

I just listened in for about half an hour -- every single Republican is using the exact same excuse for not impeaching--the old canard that the Democrats haven't gotten over losing the election.

These guys are truly lame.
Truth is often repeated over and over. We know that is difficult for emotional flakes.

I can’t watch YouTube videos right now. Can you provide me a brief synopsis?

This isn’t about Ukrainian politicians saying mean things about Trump, is it?

It is about Ukrainian politicians overtly pushing Clinton over Trump. Not mean things. You should watch it.

Specifically:

The Ukrainian ambassador here in the United States, Ambassador Chaly, wrote an op-ed in The Hill, said this. "Trump's Comments Send Wrong Message."

We have former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yatsenyuk who criticized Candidate Trump. We had Mr. Avakov.

I believe earlier you said, Ambassador, that Mr. Avakov was the individual who first alerted you to the efforts of Mr. Giuliani. Mr. Avakov, back during this same time period in the months just prior to the 2016 election, called Mr. -- or -- excuse, me, called then-Candidate Trump all kinds of names, called him a terrorist.

Mr. Lutsenko, a member of parliament who was a source for Fusion GPS and the now-somewhat famous dossier that flowed from Fusion's work. He said this in The Financial Times, again, in August of 2016 when you first arrived in -- in Ukraine. He said this, "The majority of Ukrainians -- the majority of Ukrainian politicians are on Hillary Clinton's side."

JORDAN: He said this in his testimony on Wednesday. "On September 11th, I learned that the hold had been lifted the next day." Ambassador Taylor said, "I conveyed this news to President Zelensky and the Ukrainian foreign minister, and I reminded Mr. Yermak of the high strategic value of bipartisan support for Ukraine and the importance of not getting involved in other countries' elections.

So what I'm wondering is, this is the day after the aid's been lifted, Ambassador Taylor made this statement to the Ukrainian government. And he makes this after there is nothing been done by Ukraine to influence our election. Because President Zelensky didn't announce he was doing an investigation, and the aid was lifted. But he felt he needed to say that.

But in 2016, when we know that the majority of Ukrainian politicians want Clinton to win because it was said by a member of parliament when the ambassador to the United States from Ukraine writes an op-ed criticizing then-Candidate Trump, when Mr. Avakov calls Candidate Trump all kinds of names, nobody goes and talks to them and tells them to knock it off?

As describes, the “plot” against Trump is that Ukrainians spoke out against Trump after he made statements that they found threatening to their national interests.

That’s pretty pathetic.

In your opinion. I disagree. Am I allowed to do so? I think it is pathetic that Leftists attack those who disagree with them.

I mean, if that’s the best you have, so be it. It’s an incredibly weak argument.

Let me ask you this. Are Ukrainian politicians allowed to disagree with Trump?

hahahahaha, the old, the best you got, because you have an opinion different. too fking funny. wow, how are you Polly?

Is that the best you got?

giphy.gif

If I was running against any of these republicans I would simply run an ad of their rants during this hearing. How embarrassing for them!

Nobody is talking about the specifics of the case. They are just repeating the same tired talking points about the Dems hating trump and wanting to over turn an election. Is that really all they can say?! We have elected a bunch of children to run our country.

I just listened in for about half an hour -- every single Republican is using the exact same excuse for not impeaching--the old canard that the Democrats haven't gotten over losing the election.

Whatever

DERSHOWITZ: It's not any kind of a crime. It may be a political sin — that's a good reason for deciding who to vote for — but it's not a good reason for removing a duly-elected president. The Framers had a debate about this, and they rejected the concept of "maladministration" as a ground for impeachment. You need to show bribery, treason, or high crimes and misdemeanors. And even in the worst-case scenario by the phone call, it's not there.
But it seems to me we've gone way, way beyond the "phone call" with all the concerted efforts by Trump's buddies to force this situation to its conclusion. OMB, cutting the State Department from the decision/policy shift and even a fake news campaign to force out an ambassador who had done nothing but maintain a few scruples.
I'm telling you what, whatever you want to call what Trump arranged, it was definitely a crime; it was cheap and scuzzy and a base miscarriage of justice and decency, and as an American, I expect our President-- whoever it is -- to not do that shit.

If I was running against any of these republicans I would simply run an ad of their rants during this hearing. How embarrassing for them!

Nobody is talking about the specifics of the case. They are just repeating the same tired talking points about the Dems hating trump and wanting to over turn an election. Is that really all they can say?! We have elected a bunch of children to run our country.
This gives me some hope that the Senate trial will go better than we expect. The "defenders" appear to have nothing....

More yelling by Republicans.....I guess they have to do that for their hard of hearing orange cultists.....or just like little children yelling in a temper tantrum.

Well abuse of the constitution by democrats should have Republicans livid, dummy.
Who is calling a part of the Constitutional process (Impeachment) an "illegal coup"?....why, orange cultists are.
Who is talking about locking up Democrats simply because they oppose fat donnie?....why, orange cultists are.
Who is talking about giving fat donnie 3 or more terms?...why, orange cultists are.

Whatever

DERSHOWITZ: It's not any kind of a crime. It may be a political sin — that's a good reason for deciding who to vote for — but it's not a good reason for removing a duly-elected president. The Framers had a debate about this, and they rejected the concept of "maladministration" as a ground for impeachment. You need to show bribery, treason, or high crimes and misdemeanors. And even in the worst-case scenario by the phone call, it's not there.
But it seems to me we've gone way, way beyond the "phone call" with all the concerted efforts by Trump's buddies to force this situation to its conclusion. OMB, cutting the State Department from the decision/policy shift and even a fake news campaign to force out an ambassador who had done nothing but maintain a few scruples.
I'm telling you what, whatever you want to call what Trump arranged, it was definitely a crime; it was cheap and scuzzy and a base miscarriage of justice and decency, and as an American, I expect our President-- whoever it is -- to not do that shit.
what's the crime? tell us, we've been waiting, even the demofks in the House, cause they didn't post one.

Who is calling a part of the Constitutional process (Impeachment) an "illegal coup"?....why, orange cultists are.
Who is talking about locking up Democrats simply because they oppose fat donnie?....why, orange cultists are.
Who is talking about giving fat donnie 3 or more terms?...why, orange cultists are.

Someone is triggered. You scared this charade will help Trump?

Notice that they NEVER......NEVER address the actual charges. They just yell about how poor donnie's being picked on by the mean ole' Democrats.

Notice that they NEVER......NEVER address the actual charges. They just yell about how poor donnie's being picked on by the mean ole' Democrats.
what charges are you referring to? maybe you should take a refresher on the constitution.

This gives me some hope that the Senate trial will go better than we expect. The "defenders" appear to have nothing....
I don’t see a happy ending for either side. Partisanship and Lies are going to rule the day and become even more of the norm. I don’t know how we recover from this

Donald Trump is set to become the third US president in history to be impeached later by the House of Representatives.Democratic lawmakers are expected to approve two impeachment charges against the Republican president on Wednesday.

Mr Trump is scheduled to face a trial in the Senate next month, but that chamber is controlled by members of his party and it is unlikely to vote that he should be removed from office.The president has called the process an "attempted coup" and a "witch hunt".

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news

More at: https://twitter.com

Looks that way....

Of course this was pretty much inevitable as soon as Crime Family-D took control of the HoR in January, from what I can see they were on a mission to impeach Donny and all they needed was an excuse to do it.

Today it looks pretty certain that lemmings-D will get their wish and President Twitter will be impeached by the House and then onto the Senate where IMHO the matter ends in acquittal just like the bullshit case against Bubba Clinton did.

"Be careful what you wish for. There's always a catch." -- Laurie Halse Anderson
Elections have consequences.....the House is the direct result of the People voting, not a two tier Electoral College set up. There's a reason that the Dems won in 2018...the PEOPLE wanted them to do something...and they are doing it now.

LOL, "the PEOPLE" wanted the Crime Family-D majority in the House to spend their time looking for dirt on Donny and then send over some flimsy articles to the Senate that are sure to fail?

Yeah, you're probably right, that fucking degree of vapid stupidity sounds EXACTLY like something "the PEOPLE" would want.

... on the bright side, at least we're getting an extra dose of bread & circuses for Christmas this year.:dunno:

i know! How many times can they repeat “sham” “hoax” “they want to overturn a dually elected president” it’s pathetic

Even Don Gotti had his fans and defenders.

Nothing you can do about tards.

I don’t see a happy ending for either side. Partisanship and Lies are going to rule the day and become even more of the norm. I don’t know how we recover from this
You are always very thoughtful, Slade, and I don't disagree, but I hope things are not quite so dire as you predict. No, there is no "happy ending" but I do believe the President's actions warrant removal and it seems there is little hope of that.

Forum List

Back