Official 2009 World Series Thread

Then i would have said at least Girardi made the right move and is playing the numbers and matches correctly.

Girardi is a moron...he has done everything in his power to lose this series

Regardless if we win he should be fired

It's a great series. It must go 7.

i think it will. pettitte's record with 3 days rest is 4-6 with a 4.15 ERA
Not quite Dell:

Of course, he is the all-time leader in postseason wins, and he has made five playoff starts on three days' rest, going 3-1 with a 2.80 ERA in them.
Selling Short: Will Pettitte Be Better Than Burnett on Three Days' Rest? -- MLB FanHouse

That is the stat that matters.

The 'rest issue' is nonsense, just something for people to talk about.

i stand corrected. i should know better than to take stats from a columnist from ny newsday anyway. i still think girardi fucked up bigtime; he could better afford to take a chance with his 4th starter in game 5. now, everyone has to pitch on 3 days-sabathia probably won't have a problem, but i don't like pettitte's chances. of course, petey on 4 days isn't optimal either.

i don't care who wins; i just want it to go 7.

we'll see.

i think it will. pettitte's record with 3 days rest is 4-6 with a 4.15 ERA
Not quite Dell:

Of course, he is the all-time leader in postseason wins, and he has made five playoff starts on three days' rest, going 3-1 with a 2.80 ERA in them.
Selling Short: Will Pettitte Be Better Than Burnett on Three Days' Rest? -- MLB FanHouse

i stand corrected. i should know better than to take stats from a columnist from ny newsday anyway. i still think girardi fucked up bigtime; he could better afford to take a chance with his 4th starter in game 5. now, everyone has to pitch on 3 days-sabathia probably won't have a problem, but i don't like pettitte's chances. of course, petey on 4 days isn't optimal either.

we'll see.
I doubt you are seeing 7.

That would mean the Phils beat NY at hom,e two ina row, unlikely.

NY means the DH and the friendly crowd, and a decent sized left field (rf is still short).

The Stadium favors lefty pitchers, and NY has two left.

No you're not Del.

No one wants Pettitte to win more then me...but those post season starts on short rest are meaningless

they all range from 2003-1996

thats meaningless...he is 37 now...2003 the latest was 6 years ago

TBH I think both pitchers are going to get shelled tomorrow..Pettitte and Pedro. I see this being a game of the bull pens

Not quite Dell:

we'll see.
I doubt you are seeing 7.

That would mean the Phils beat NY at hom,e two ina row, unlikely.

NY means the DH and the friendly crowd, and a decent sized left field (rf is still short).

The Stadium favors lefty pitchers, and NY has two left.

apropos to nothing, whitey ford never pitched a game at fenway.

For anyone willing to gamble a neg-rep from me to earn a pos-rep...

I'm putting the over/under on number of inning's Pedro pitches tonight at 4 1/3.

If you choose to post your over/under pick here. You will get a pos-rep if you're right and a neg-rep if you're wrong.

If he pitches exactly 4 1/3 innings, I hand out no reps either way, but everyone who plays owes me a pos-rep.

Go.

For anyone willing to gamble a neg-rep from me to earn a pos-rep...

I'm putting the over/under on number of inning's Pedro pitches tonight at 4 1/3.

If you choose to post your over/under pick here. You will get a pos-rep if you're right and a neg-rep if you're wrong.

If he pitches exactly 4 1/3 innings, I hand out no reps either way, but everyone who plays owes me a pos-rep.

Go.

over

Official keep track of entries post (don't trust you d-bags not to go back and edit your own posts :) )

del - over
dogbert - over

Official keep track of entries post (don't trust you d-bags not to go back and edit your own posts :) )

4 1/3 innings pitched by Pedro Martinez tonight.

Over
del
dogbert

Under

EZ

del - over
dogbert - over

you do realize i can go back and edit your post containing the original proposition, right?
you may as well just give me the pos now.

:razz:

I'll know if you do. I've now actually written down your's and EZ's picks on an actual piece of paper with one of those old fangled pencil thingies. :)

I have a feeling both pitchers are going to get rocked tonight...don't know why.

I'll pick under...cause Jorge is in the lineup tonight and he has good numbers against Pedro including 4 dingers. he didn't play Game 2 last time Pedro pitched. Also Pedro is technically on "short rest" also because he has been pitching every 12 days or so past few games. Who knows what effects that may have.

UNDER I SAY!

4 1/3 innings pitched by Pedro Martinez tonight.

Over
del
dogbert

Under
EZ
Andrew2382

Forum List

Back