Official 2009 World Series Thread

I'm gonna be hot if they can't beat Pedro.

If they can't beat Pedro, then all the momentum is lost and it would be similar to a funeral march. They would still have a 50/50 chance of winning Game 7 but it would be a huge moral blow if Pedro shut them down.

Not a problem.

It should be clear to all (except a cetain stupid kid who just doesn't stop being a dick) that NY isn't intimidated and there is no 'momentum' in these games.

The only Phils pitcher that held NY down is out of the series.

So if Pedro were to go 7 or 8 innings of shutout baseball, you don't think that would be a factor on the Yankees going into Game 7?

Seriously Xeno, I'm not being a dick. I'm trying to have a discussion and all you're doing is invoking my age at every avenue because you have no other argument. You're acting pitiful and it's pathetic.

Not much to talk about today, need to reflect on the next game and all. Don't have time to bullshit.

But here's the latest and greatest piece of shit I heard today from a couple Yanks fans...

"They threw the game last night so they could win it at home".

Right...and I guess that rally at the end was just to not make it look obvious? :rolleyes:

All I'm going to say is, I really hope none of you Yanks fans actually believe that shit.

By the way...

Utley OWNS THAT ASS!!! :lol:

See yall in game 6 :thup:

dude why would you even let that bother you?

Those people are morons...you never want to lose a game.

Thats shit moronic girls say whose only interest in the Yankees is Jeter's cock.

Girardi blew that game yesterday again

Coke should never have been pitching to give up those 2 bombs..he should have had in Marte

But whatever....I vented enough to Francesa today on the Fan...was able to stay on his show for 3 minutes arguing about why coke is the bad move there.

Nice win for the Phils even tho I know we scared the shit out of you!! :)

No doubt in my mind if Tex didn't suck balls and got on A-rod finishes that game..o well

By the way...

Not for nothing

I don't know why Burnett didn't place one right in his fuckin back...he might as well have a sofa on the inside part of the batters box....arod gets plunked 3 times and we do shit for retaliation even down 6 runs.

The victorino hit wasn't shit cause his hand went into the ball trying to square and bunt....his own fault

By the way...

Not for nothing

I don't know why Burnett didn't place one right in his fuckin back...he might as well have a sofa on the inside part of the batters box....arod gets plunked 3 times and we do shit for retaliation even down 6 runs.

The victorino hit wasn't shit cause his hand went into the ball trying to square and bunt....his own fault
First of all, it didn't 'bother' me really. I just thought it was friggin the most retard thing I've ever heard. And it wasn't girlies on Jeter dick, either. It was regular old yankee fan buddies of mine at work, and a nearby neighbor who happened to join in on the convo.

I don't think in retrospect that ANY of A-rod's beanings were intentional. There was never a point during any of them where we'd have wanted another man on base. But I guess you never know.

You don't do that shit in pivotal world series games. With these teams, you can't afford to give away free bases. Walks, or beans.

Just my thoughts. Now, LAST year between Vic and Kuroda in the NLCS...That was different. I think Brett beaned Manny intentionally, and Kuroda retaliated. I don't think there's any way that Blanton wanted to put another man on base.

I'm out.

Kids are clawing at my back, almost literally at this point :lol:

I have thoroughly enjoyed every game of this world series. Both of these teams have incredible line-ups. Simply Great Baseball!!!

It's a great series. It must go 7.

i think it will. pettitte's record with 3 days rest is 4-6 with a 4.15 ERA

I was watching Rome today on ESPN and his two talking heads think it will go to 7 too, with the nod to the Phillys winning it all if it does.

Rome is a moron always has and always will be,

We have clear advantages for the next 2 games...doesn't mean the Phillies can't win but it's not in their favor.

Who is Philly going to give the ball to game 7? hamels? Happ? Come on now...thats game 7 material?

Hamels wants the ball on game 7 as much as I want to get hit by a moving train...Girardi's blunder last night by pitching Burnett turned this Yankee advantage for the next 2 games from major to minor now

also not a doubt in my mind Blanton drilled arod on purpose...man on 3rd 1 out..posada on deck who is a douple play machine...why put arod on first with 4 pitches when you can do it with 1

I have thoroughly enjoyed every game of this world series. Both of these teams have incredible line-ups. Simply Great Baseball!!!

It's a great series. It must go 7.

i think it will. pettitte's record with 3 days rest is 4-6 with a 4.15 ERA
Not quite Dell:

Of course, he is the all-time leader in postseason wins, and he has made five playoff starts on three days' rest, going 3-1 with a 2.80 ERA in them.
http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2009/11/03/selling-short-will-pettitte-be-better-than-burnett-on-three-day/

That is the stat that matters.

The 'rest issue' is nonsense, just something for people to talk about.

xeno...

that stat means shit.

those starts were ages ago. His last 2 world series starts on 3 days rest was in 96 and 2003. That means nothing in 2009 when he is 37.

"But perhaps the most germane fact is this: Pettitte has not come back to start three days after throwing 100 or more pitches since July 19, 2001."

I'm more alarmed with that stat.

Girardi really blew it...I hope to god andy has 1 more big game in him

Its not even an issue.

What would you have said if he started Gaudin, and he got ripped and Burnett STILL pitched that way in game 6?

NY has a game plan and its a good one, throw your best pitchers and worry about 'rest' in the winter.

Forum List

Back