Of the 1%, by the 1%, for the 1%

If you want more wealth, why don't you work at producing something of value so you can recieve it without compulsion and without force.

When something like this is happening not just to one person but to EVERYBODY, it is completely irrational to blame the people it's happening to. What we have here is a change to the rules of the economic game that occurred in the 1980s.

The top 1% may be IN the top 1% because of a combination of factors including hard work, ingenuity, and dedication (as well as luck and ruthlessness) -- but a change in the STATUS of the 1% -- in the amount by which they are doing better than others -- does not happen because they have become even MORE dedicated and smart. It happens because the fix is in.

And that is the basis of the protests.

Excuse me but it is not happening to everybody. I am doing just fine in fact I have never done better than I have in the past 6 years.

Those who blame their failures on everyone else are the ones with the problem.

Excuse me but it is not happening to everybody.

[Shrug.] A small exaggeration. Pardon me; make that almost everyone.

Median household income has declined over the past thirty years even if yours, personally, hasn't. That doesn't make you a lesson to be learned from, it makes you an anomaly.

It is absurd to blame the people who have lost ground for their problems. There are too many of them for that to have any credibility. We have not suddenly become a nation of losers. No, what's happened is that the bar of success has been raised, and so efforts that would have resulted in a win decades ago now result in a loss.

That needs to change.

Median household income has declined over the past thirty years even if yours, personally, hasn't. That doesn't make you a lesson to be learned from, it makes you an anomaly.

It is absurd to blame the people who have lost ground for their problems. There are too many of them for that to have any credibility. We have not suddenly become a nation of losers. No, what's happened is that the bar of success has been raised, and so efforts that would have resulted in a win decades ago now result in a loss.

That needs to change.

You Progressives always change things for the worse. No, thanks

That needs to change.

It's absurd for people to blame their problems on everyone else.

Yeah no one can learn from the successes of others.:cuckoo:

The imbalance in wealth and equity isn't a harmless event.

Additionally it isn't because the rich have increased their contibution to society either.

This phenomena is directly the result of LAWS and POLCIES that are giving them a greater adn greater share of the national wealth.

And we can fix this by changing those laws and policies, and when we do this economy will once again become a more healthy economy.

Ironically, the wealthy will actually become weathier overall once the economy recovers for over 40 years of Supply side advantages.

Please tell me you don't really believe that all we have to do is "tax the rich"...

With all the realities of international trade, American competiveness, Education disparity and failure, GOVT waste, MASSIVE spending increases, entitlement imbalances, international nation building, barriers to innovation, ad nauseum --- how can a RATIONAL person believe that we start and end with redistribution of the carcass??

Don't listen to "political leadership".. There IS NONE!!!! Go look out the window and ponder what this country REALLY needs to do..

Last edited:

That needs to change.

It's more absurd to ignore the source of our problems.

Wall Street ran a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme that destroyed our economy.

That needs to change.

Wall Street ran a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme that destroyed our economy.

I thought Obama saved the economy?

What's your "Fix", jackass, outlaw "Wall Street"?

It's not at all absurd for almost everyone to blame their problems on a few people that are clearly causing them.

While "take responsibility for your own life" is a good rule of thumb, there are circumstances in which villains really are to blame. The Jews who died at Auschwitz did not all commit suicide. Neither did the workers who were killed in the Triangle Shirt Factory fire. Nor were the slaves before the Civil War responsible for their circumstances.

The rules were re-written in the 1980s to funnel the nation's wealth to its wealthiest people, to raise the bar of success, to set things up so that the rich would get richer at the expense of everyone else. That is the reason why so many people are in such bad shape today, and also why our economy is in such bad shape. To point this out and demand redress is not whining, failure to rake responsibility for one's life, or any other such simple-minded one-dimensional non-thinking canard. It is a perfectly appropriate approach to a real situation.

Last edited:

And who on wall street did this? Why isnt the Obama administration prosecuting them?

To think they are solely responsible for the economic collapse is foolish.

That needs to change.

Lots of things are rolled into "declining median income".. One is the huge stream of undocumented immigrants. At least 5Mil added in the past 20 years. Another is the aging of America as folks able to take early retirement are "dialed back" on income after leaving the workforce. If EVERYTHING else stayed the same for the next 5 years -- you'd see a VERY LARGE decrease in "median income" as 10s of thousands of BabeBoomers retire every DAY! There are others of course -- like the generally INCREASING rate of kids not completing High School in 4 years. Almost 30% of kids are either totally lacking a H.S. diploma or had to finish under a less rigorous GED. With problems like THAT -- you leftists should be ashamed of diverting attention from real problems to your class war..

Last edited:
oh really, when did people blame themselves?

Quite often, actually, sometimes when that's appropriate and sometimes otherwise, but I don't know why you are having so much trouble understanding simple logic.

When bad things happen to one person and nobody else, it might be that person's fault.

When bad things happen to just about everyone, that is the fault of someone or something else.

And who on wall street did this? Why isnt the Obama administration prosecuting them?

To think they are solely responsible for the economic collapse is foolish.
Here's one of hundreds of suspects.

Don't hold your breath waiting for any Republican OR Democrat to file control accounting fraud charges.

"And from Forbes.com:

"Since 2001 when Ken Lewis became CEO, Bank of America 'has become a black hole.

"'Shareholders have choked down an 80% fall in stock price since mid-September, and taxpayers are on the hook for $45 billion in cash injections and another $98 billion in backstop guarantees'...

"This is part of the legacy of the derivatives market that Alan Greenspan did so much to promote during his tenure..."

Meet the Bankers: Ken Lewis | Occupy Los Angeles

It's not at all absurd for almost everyone to blame their problems on a few people that are clearly causing them.

While "take responsibility for your own life" is a good rule of thumb, there are circumstances in which villains really are to blame. The Jews who died at Auschwitz did not all commit suicide. Neither did the workers who were killed in the Triangle Shirt Factory fire. Nor were the slaves before the Civil War responsible for their circumstances.

The rules were re-written in the 1980s to funnel the nation's wealth to its wealthiest people, to raise the bar of success, to set things up so that the rich would get richer at the expense of everyone else. That is the reason why so many people are in such bad shape today, and also why our economy is in such bad shape. To point this out and demand redress is not whining, failure to rake responsibility for one's life, or any other such simple-minded one-dimensional non-thinking canard. It is a perfectly appropriate approach to a real situation.

Very impressive. I envy your ability to bring it all together. Those who read that passage are left with no choice but to give real consideration to the points you have made.

That needs to change.

Only if you were dumb enough to buy them did they really hurt you.

But don't forget the people who refinanced their houses multiple times and spent the money on all kinds of frivolous shit or the people who took mortgages on an ARM that they could barely afford at the low end with no though to what they would do when the rate rose.

There's plenty of blame to go around here.

Comparing the Obnoxious Whining Sheep to victims of the holocaust is a gargantuan stretch

The richest people in the USA are DEMOCRATS.

The richest Congressmen are DEMOCRATS.

DEMOCRAT Obama raked in the most money of any president ever from Wallstreet Bankers.

The DEMOCRATS always have their hands in others pockets enriching themselves.

Case in point: The richest US senator & ex-presidential candidate is John Kerry. Kerry & his wife are the richest because their wealth comes from their Heinz foods company. Heinz foods company makes them rich by overcharging for the food they sell to people on government food programs such as school lunch, food-stamps, SNAP, EBT, etc. John Kerry & his cronies always make sure these government food programs are well funded with your tax dollars under the guise of "helping to feed the poor". If he wanted to help the poor he would lower their food prices instead of "fleecing the poor" & the tax payers to amass his record profits with his high price Heinz foods.

ANY TIME A DEMOCRAT SAYS I'M HERE TO HELP - GRAB YOUR WALLET!!!

Forum List

Back