Ode to the hippies of days long past...

Aug 6, 2012
Without the poetry, I want to give a shout out to the hippies of days long past. Oh how liberalism has changed and maybe those on both sides of the aisle miss you.

The original hippies were into their psychedelic stuff, yes, but at least they could speak properly without getting emotionally wound up. More importantly they would listen and debate all people from all walks of life and experiences and not trash your car or banish you for not referring to them by the proper pronoun.

Hippies of old wore their sandals and flowers in the their hair, but they didn't need Safe Spaces. You could meet them on any hilltop, sit in a circle and shoot the breeze. From arguing politics and The Man, to the questions of Utopian world peace or the cosmos. You might have disagreed with their long hair and their constant use of the word "groovy", but at least you could shake hands at the end of a good debate and leave their circle without fear of being attacked or worse, them trying pushing for constructed laws and rules designed to silence you.

The liberals in 2018 are light years behind their brethren. They've lost their way. I am guessing the hippies of old who would have argued and fought for much of what those in California "fight for", such as immigration issues and addressing poverty, would have been more influential and better appreciated today when contrasted with the alt-left and so-called liberals.

So here is an Ode to the Hippy. Never thought you would be missed.

hippy.jpg

Last edited:
Everybody seems to be looking for excuses to be outraged these days. When you run out of shit to cry about I guess all that's left is to invent stuff.

I believe hippies used to be more benign years ago, before Jerry Garcia died as well as his mellowing, musically positive influence on hippies. But ever since greedy, money-grubbing, arrogant, backstabbing Bob Weir took over the Dead, hippies' peace/love/granola routine became as fake as a $6 bill. Today's hippies are the meanest, fakest, most cold-blooded, self-absorbed, cruel, shallowest, intellectually retarded, miserable dreadlocked abominations. With ZERO sense of humor whatsoever. Which I find remarkable in people who do the most laughing-fit drug of all time, LSD (yeah, I'm my younger days I did my share of acid-tripping laughing fits myself, so I know).

My point being, hippies were a lot more genuine decades ago than the dreadlocked, bullying filth which exists today. About a decade ago, these modern reptile-hippies cyber-bullied the Grateful Dead's very bipolar piano player, Vince Welnick, into committing suicide. For no reason whatsoever. Today's hippies have proven their sadistic, cruel filth by that level of mindless malice alone. Nowadays, when I see a set of those bug-ridden, foul-smelling, filthy dreadlocks, I want to hose those dreadlocks down with the flammable fuel of your choice. As an extreme ex-hippie who followed the real, Jerry Garcia Grateful Dead in the early '90s, I'm telling you from experience that today's hippies are creatures with NO redeeming qualities whatsoever. Pure predatory-minded, spoiled brat punks.

I believe hippies used to be more benign years ago, before Jerry Garcia died as well as his mellowing, musically positive influence on hippies. But ever since greedy, money-grubbing, arrogant, backstabbing Bob Weir took over the Dead, hippies' peace/love/granola routine became as fake as a $6 bill. Today's hippies are the meanest, fakest, most cold-blooded, self-absorbed, cruel, shallowest, intellectually retarded, miserable dreadlocked abominations. With ZERO sense of humor whatsoever. Which I find remarkable in people who do the most laughing-fit drug of all time, LSD (yeah, I'm my younger days I did my share of acid-tripping laughing fits myself, so I know).

My point being, hippies were a lot more genuine decades ago than the dreadlocked, bullying filth which exists today. About a decade ago, these modern reptile-hippies cyber-bullied the Grateful Dead's very bipolar piano player, Vince Welnick, into committing suicide. For no reason whatsoever. Today's hippies have proven their sadistic, cruel filth by that level of mindless malice alone. Nowadays, when I see a set of those bug-ridden, foul-smelling, filthy dreadlocks, I want to hose those dreadlocks down with the flammable fuel of your choice. As an extreme ex-hippie who followed the real, Jerry Garcia Grateful Dead in the early '90s, I'm telling you from experience that today's hippies are creatures with NO redeeming qualities whatsoever. Pure predatory-minded, spoiled brat punks.
You don't know jack about hippies...Hippies were all about turning on and dropping out of a structured society and floating on the clouds of existence..

Forum List

Back