Ocasio-Cortez To Dems Trying To Rein Her In: ‘I’m Not Locked Up In Here With You.

let's raise the minimum wage to raise more tax money.

It won't necessarily raise it. That can be proven.
how is that? the law of large numbers will work for us.

By the numbers. Someone making more (i.e. - higher minimum wage) that currently does not pay taxes on income doesn't mean they will automatically do so.
the difference is about three hundred dollars in income taxes alone.

a positive multiplier is to be expected.

If that's what you believe, it proves you know nothing about the numbers. There is no guarantee they will because someone not currently paying makes more.
the law of large numbers makes the difference. and, the Poor tend to spend Most of their incomes. We get the biggest bang for our buck, there.

It won't necessarily raise it. That can be proven.

By the numbers. Someone making more (i.e. - higher minimum wage) that currently does not pay taxes on income doesn't mean they will automatically do so.

If that's what you believe, it proves you know nothing about the numbers. There is no guarantee they will because someone not currently paying makes more.
the law of large numbers makes the difference. and, the Poor tend to spend Most of their incomes. We get the biggest bang for our buck, there.

Spending more doesn't produce more income tax revenue.

the difference between the current minimum wage and a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage times the number of participants in the market for labor.

fifteen dollars an pays more in income tax than our current minimum wages.

And I showed you how much that costs. You're going to spend a LOT too get back a little. For this year, a single earner making $15/hr earns $31,200. After applying the standard deduction, that yields a taxable income of $19,000. That's in the 12% range, or $2280. What was your number of people who would get that again, 100 million? Multiply that out and you get $228 billion, and that's not even accounting for all the things that reduce taxable income even further. That's not a good return for spending $3 trillion. Tell us, do you actually ever look at the numbers before spouting off the way you do?
You omit taxes like sales or consumer taxes that are incurred when simply circulating money. And, you omit the demand created by higher paid labor.

First, you specified income tax, so I did too.
Second, I gave you numbers to work with, so give us how much sales tax those workers will pay and how much demand will be created. You have a long way to go to reach $3 trillion.
the poor tend to spend most of their sooner rather than later. three trillion in circulation must pay some taxes and create some demand.

The economy must first be decreased by the 3 trillion and you can't show that it would pay for itself. Did you think of that?

Spending more doesn't produce more income tax revenue.
income tax isn't the only tax. local taxes help with local infrastructure and local public services and transportation.

the difference between the current minimum wage and a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage times the number of participants in the market for labor.

fifteen dollars an pays more in income tax than our current minimum wages.

And I showed you how much that costs. You're going to spend a LOT too get back a little. For this year, a single earner making $15/hr earns $31,200. After applying the standard deduction, that yields a taxable income of $19,000. That's in the 12% range, or $2280. What was your number of people who would get that again, 100 million? Multiply that out and you get $228 billion, and that's not even accounting for all the things that reduce taxable income even further. That's not a good return for spending $3 trillion. Tell us, do you actually ever look at the numbers before spouting off the way you do?
You omit taxes like sales or consumer taxes that are incurred when simply circulating money. And, you omit the demand created by higher paid labor.

First, you specified income tax, so I did too.
Second, I gave you numbers to work with, so give us how much sales tax those workers will pay and how much demand will be created. You have a long way to go to reach $3 trillion.
the poor tend to spend most of their sooner rather than later. three trillion in circulation must pay some taxes and create some demand.

The economy must first be decreased by the 3 trillion and you can't show that it would pay for itself. Did you think of that?
Spending all that money must create some demand and require some labor. A positive multiplier effect.

If you couldn't do your job, you should have been gone.

I did my job just fine. I was just costing the insurance company more money than they wanted to pay out.

True, it didn't help that management ignored the key customer and took them for granted until they bolted.

If, as you claim, he fired someone for being pregnant, let her sue. I suspect she was a poor employee like you and uses that as an excuse.

You do realize how difficult it is to sue an employer in an "At Will" employment state, right? Well, probably not, your Possum Catching job is all the possum meat you can eat.

It's not an employer's responsibility to accommodate you for a personal situation.

Recessions cause people to be let go. That's a business decision not a personal one.

Thank you for pointing out why Capitalism needs to go..

If you know, then you should be able to prove. In fact, in order for you to claim you know would mean you'd have to know information about me that you would have to have done things you're simply not man enough to do. That you refuse to back it up proves you are making up things to feel better about yourself.

again, I don't share personal information on the internet. This is what got you banned the last time, I'm willing to play again.

Being white doesn't make me better. Being better than you is what makes me superior to you.

Um, no, dude, you are a piss ignorant racist from Jesusland. You are considerably worse.

You are lying trash, if you think most of the capitalist world is just as bad as Venezuela. We should ship your ignorant dumb butt to Venezuela, and see reality for what it is.

Most of Latin America is capitalist, and it's just as miserable to live there as Venezuela... sorry. Why do you think all these folks from Central America and Mexico are at the Southern Border trying to get in?

Forum List

Back