Obama's Sleek Black Tour Bus Cost $1.1 Million

How come this applied to Bush:

No one, especially in today’s climate, can argue against the need to protect the safety of the President and his family. No one can deny that there are times when the President must be seen by the public. However, it is not always necessary to see the president in person. Modern technology allows for video hookups which are almost as good as seeing someone in person. If a video hookup is cheaper, in terms of not only the expense to the taxpayer, but also the carbon footprint, a president should opt for the cheapest appearance. This is especially true during a time of economic crisis.

OpEdNews - Article: The Bush Legacy Tour

. . . . but Barry 'green jobs' Obama isn't held to the same standards?

Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and, such as sleep o’nights. Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much, such men are dangerous.

William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar
Act I, scene ii

A thinking man is truly a problem for Obama.

You don't think that Americans made those buses?

Nope. They were made in CANADA.

Obama Jobs Bus Tour Using Canadian Bus | DBKP - Death By 1000 Papercuts - DBKP

Obama-Mysterious-Misery-Tour-Bus.jpg

No one, especially in today’s climate, can argue against the need to protect the safety of the President and his family. No one can deny that there are times when the President must be seen by the public. However, it is not always necessary to see the president in person. Modern technology allows for video hookups which are almost as good as seeing someone in person. If a video hookup is cheaper, in terms of not only the expense to the taxpayer, but also the carbon footprint, a president should opt for the cheapest appearance. This is especially true during a time of economic crisis.

I would think that campaigning is one of those times where you'd want to see the man in person...

When the U.S. Secret Service decided to order two custom-made buses, including the one that transported President Obama through the upper Midwest this week, they had a specific model in mind.

The service, which has been transporting protectees by bus since Ronald Reagan’s 1980 campaign, wanted a particular model only available from the Quebec-based manufacturer Prevost.

“The vehicle had to support the weight of security and communication equipment that we had,” Ed Donovan, a spokesman for the Secret Service, said in an interview. “Our understanding was that that was the only model that could do it.”

In the past, the Secret Service leased buses for presidential travel, but had to retrofit them to add security measures and enhanced communications capability. [...]

“We’ve been overdue for having an asset like this in our fleet of protective vehicles,” Donovan said, adding that leasing buses is “not inexpensive – that costs tens of thousands of dollars a month…. Designing our own vehicle really gives us a level of security that we couldn’t achieve by doing it the other way.”

The second bus will be used eventually by the Republican presidential nominee.​

Secret Service defends Canadian bus

When the U.S. Secret Service decided to order two custom-made buses, including the one that transported President Obama through the upper Midwest this week, they had a specific model in mind.

The service, which has been transporting protectees by bus since Ronald Reagan’s 1980 campaign, wanted a particular model only available from the Quebec-based manufacturer Prevost.

“The vehicle had to support the weight of security and communication equipment that we had,” Ed Donovan, a spokesman for the Secret Service, said in an interview. “Our understanding was that that was the only model that could do it.”

In the past, the Secret Service leased buses for presidential travel, but had to retrofit them to add security measures and enhanced communications capability. [...]

“We’ve been overdue for having an asset like this in our fleet of protective vehicles,” Donovan said, adding that leasing buses is “not inexpensive – that costs tens of thousands of dollars a month…. Designing our own vehicle really gives us a level of security that we couldn’t achieve by doing it the other way.”

I have to truly wonder what kind of leader Obama is that he is going to blame a HUGE GAFFE like this on a low-level underling.

"Why, it's not MY FAULT we sent 1.1 million dollars to Canada when Americans are looking for work... it ...it was the Secret Service! Yeah, that's the ticket."

And what happened to the buses that were used in 2008?

I would think that campaigning is one of those times where you'd want to see the man in person...

Even you see that this 'jobs tour' is nothing but bullshit and he is really campaigning. So tell me, why the hell is joe taxpayer picking up the tab for Obama's campaign buses?

Even you see that this 'jobs tour' is nothing but bullshit and he is really campaigning. So tell me, why the hell is joe taxpayer picking up the tab for Obama's campaign buses?

The buses weren't ordered for THIS tour, but for all stumping and campaigning. These aren't Obama's campaign buses, but the buses of the President of the United States, ordered by the Secret Service whose job it is to protect the President.

I have to truly wonder what kind of leader Obama is that he is going to blame a HUGE GAFFE like this on a low-level underling.

"Why, it's not MY FAULT we sent 1.1 million dollars to Canada when Americans are looking for work... it ...it was the Secret Service! Yeah, that's the ticket."

You have to wonder what kind of ODS it takes to attack the Secret Service for doing their job protecting the President of the United States.

You have to wonder what kind of ODS it takes to attack the Secret Service for doing their job protecting the President of the United States.

You have to wonder what kind of partisan must spin the reason for the concern in an effort to debunk it.
My guess is she is insecure with her position on the topic at hand.

Is someone trying to say the President had no say in how the bus was equiped? More importantly, is someone trying to say campaigning is allowed on these taxpayer funded buses? Fork over $1.1M Mr. Obama and all is forgiven.

You have to wonder what kind of partisan must spin the reason for the concern in an effort to debunk it.
My guess is she is insecure with her position on the topic at hand.

Ya'll are attacking the President for a bus the Secret Service ordered, but I'm the partisan "hack". That's rich...
smiley-laughing021.gif

ya'all?

Nope...not us all.

I made it clear that my attack was on his judegement.

The timing was wrong and a direct conflict with what he blasted less than two years ago.

He ridiculed the auto chiefs for flying in personal jets as they asked for a loan.

Well, he asked for our permission to let him borrow more money 2 weeks ago.

And then he unveiled his million dollar bus.

Sure...he needs it to "do his job"....well, so did the auto execs from a time efficiency standpoint.

he exercised very poor judgement when he unveiled the bus.

once again obama chaca from the land of the lost shows how much he cares for america he had the buses built in Canada he didnt even let Americans have the jobs the work to build them he took our tax money and gave it to canada for the buses. no he is a ******. no holds barred truth hurts, act like a ****** get called a ******

once again obama chaca from the land of the lost shows how much he cares for america he had the buses built in Canada he didnt even let Americans have the jobs the work to build them he took our tax money and gave it to canada for the buses. no he is a ******. no holds barred truth hurts, act like a ****** get called a ******

That was weak. You had a great point and trashed it.

Forum List

Back