Obama's Plan to Offer Free College...

Carla_Danger

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2013
A Red Welfare State
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—President Obama’s plan to offer Americans two years of college for free has come under fire from congressional Republicans, who are calling it a blatant plot to make Americans smarter.

The G.O.P., which has benefited from the support of so-called “low-information voters” in recent years, accused Obama of cynically trying to make people smarter as a way of chipping away at the Republican base.

“You take low-information voters and give them information, and pretty soon they’re Democrats,” Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said.

House Speaker John Boehner said that “forcing knowledge into people” was “flagrantly un-American,” adding, “We make this promise to the American people: if you like your brains, you can keep your brains.”

LOL, I love The Borowitz Report!

there are about three or four threads on this now. day late and a dollar shot.

Shot happens. I don't see any other threads in this forum on the subject. Other forums don't count. This is 'Satire'. Your post shows why this plan is sorely needed by your typical low-information right winger.

Shot happens. I don't see any other threads in this forum on the subject. Other forums don't count. This is 'Satire'. Your post shows why this plan is sorely needed by your typical low-information right winger.

I saw one in the political section earlier, but this is satire. I don't think NLT understands this is satire. :D

Check this one out, you'll see that you are correct about low information RWers....but I'm sure you already knew that. LOL!

More Free Stuff to run up the debt or taxes. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Help us low information people. Where is the funding for this? How can we make sure a C+ is really that level of achievement? How can someone who can't manage a C+ going to repay the tuition? Will a two year degree show a ROI in the form of increased income tax revenue?

Help us low information people. Where is the funding for this? How can we make sure a C+ is really that level of achievement? How can someone who can't manage a C+ going to repay the tuition? Will a two year degree show a ROI in the form of increased income tax revenue?

I think this is wonderful news. We're already paying for those that don't have the benefit of a higher education. I have no problem using my tax dollars to help young people go to college who wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise.

I think this is wonderful news. We're already paying for those that don't have the benefit of a higher education. I have no problem using my tax dollars to help young people go to college who wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise.

So we cut or drop their assistance monies and rename it free college, interesting.

New Topics

Forum List

Back