Obamacare= Romneycare

And Romney Care is responsible for insurance premiums in MA rising well above the national average

Romney Care is responsible for increasing spending on Medical services in MA over the past 4 years to over 4 billion dollars.

Romney Care has already cost 6 times what was profected

And I thought it was supposed to lower premiums and costs

Lol I kno wit.

Romneycare is a failure and the idiot libs are pointing at it with glee.

How dopey can you get? :lol:

RW. How do you know they wouldn't have voted for it if some of the ammendments offered had been included??

After all. These ammendments would have truely helped lower costs something this bill in its current form doesnt' do at all.

er... because THEY SAID THEY WOULDN'T.

They said no matter what, they wanted this to be Obama's waterloo. They missed their opportunity to help shape the legislation by being obstreperous.

they sure showed us...

Was listening to Morning Joe this AM.

Pelosi wouldn't let a single ammendment come to the floor for debate before they voted this in.

Among those ammendments presented by the Reps was Tort Reform and doing away with the regs and allowing insurance companies to compete across the country.

That would have been true reform and would have helped to get costs down

One has to wonder why Pelosi didn't want any debate on any of these ammendments?

If those amendments were added to the bill, how many Republicans would have voted for it?

What is the use of opening the floor for amendments (delaying tactic), when those offering the amendment will vote against it anyway?

RW. How do you know they wouldn't have voted for it if some of the ammendments offered had been included??

After all. These ammendments would have truely helped lower costs something this bill in its current form doesnt' do at all.

Come on Claudette, we are trying to have a reasonable discussion here. Show me a single Republican who said "If these two ammendments are added to the bill, I will vote for it"
During the Healthcare Summit, President Obama openly offered to the republicans that he would work to add their concerns to the bill if they agreed to vote for it.

Their response was "Tear it up and start over"

The Political Carnival: GOP Waterloo

They said it themselves that they wanted it to be Obamas waterloo.

They never intended to help the American people they only watned to hurt Obama and the dems chances in the next election.

Now even Rs like Frum are saying the Rs created their own waterloo.

Last edited:
Prove its a lie

As the person who made the statement, it is for you to prove its accuracy. Just sayin'.

It is an opinion you fucking idiot.

She claims my opinion is a lie, its for her to prove.

My point, you fucking idiot... is that that is exactly what you do to other people. They state an opinion and you call them a liar. You've done it time and time again. What goes around, comes around. Now, perhaps you'll stop responding to every word that you disagree with by accusing the other person of lying.

If those amendments were added to the bill, how many Republicans would have voted for it?

What is the use of opening the floor for amendments (delaying tactic), when those offering the amendment will vote against it anyway?

Come on Claudette, we are trying to have a reasonable discussion here. Show me a single Republican who said "If these two ammendments are added to the bill, I will vote for it"
During the Healthcare Summit, President Obama openly offered to the republicans that he would work to add their concerns to the bill if they agreed to vote for it.

And you still have an affinity of putting candies on turds

As the person who made the statement, it is for you to prove its accuracy. Just sayin'.

My point, you fucking idiot... is that that is exactly what you do to other people. They state an opinion and you call them a liar. You've done it time and time again. What goes around, comes around. Now, perhaps you'll stop responding to every word that you disagree with by accusing the other person of lying.

No it is not.

When someone states something that is provably NOT true I call them a liar and prove they are lying.

When someone states a "fact" that I have never seen documentation for I ask for documentation.

Its called being an educated voter and insisting on the truth.

What you do is call names and refuse documented evidence and then think what I do ius te same thing.

Never say anything is a fact without being able to prove it.

No it is not.

When someone states something that is provably NOT true I call them a liar and prove they are lying.

When someone states a "fact" that I have never seen documentation for I ask for documentation.

What you do is call names and refuse documented evidence and then think what I do ius te same thing.

liar

Yeah. LIke that wasn't a big dog and pony show.

Obama had no intention of doing anything the Reps proposed. You know it and I know it. Jeeze.

This bill sucks big time.

The Political Carnival: GOP Waterloo

They said it themselves that they wanted it to be Obamas waterloo.

They never intended to help the American people they only watned to hurt Obama and the dems chances in the next election.

Now even Rs like Frum are saying the Rs created their own waterloo.

The GOP plan was to humiliate the President and show that he could not accomplish what he had promised. In using a Gingrich like, bite off your nose to spite your face....The GOP ended up with nothing.

They ended up with a major victory for President Obama and now "Obamacare" is now a major accomplishment.

No it is not.

No, sweetie. You call people liars for their opinions. You do it constantly. Now your getting called on it. Un-fucking-lucky for you.

Liar.

No it is not.

liar

That's true.

Yeah. LIke that wasn't a big dog and pony show.

Obama had no intention of doing anything the Reps proposed. You know it and I know it. Jeeze.

This bill sucks big time.

It was a big dog and pony show. Its intent was to demonstrate to the American people that President Obama was willing to work with the GOP to gain bipartisan support. The Republicans responded exactly as expected and showed all Americans that they were unwilling to back off their talking points and work to get a mutually agreeable plan.

The curious triumph of RomneyCare - The Week

the essence of this reform -- which is that the insurance market has been restructured to remove those adverse-selection and moral-hazard problems that have broken our private insurance-based health-financing system. Americans are now being asked not to shirk their responsibilities but rather to act like adults: to take on the burden, to the extent they are financially able, of making sure that when they wind up at the hospital the cost of paying for their care is not loaded onto somebody else's shoulders.
The conservative DNA of ObamaCare is hardly a secret. "The Obama plan has a broad family resemblance to Mitt Romney’s Massachusetts plan,” Frum wrote. “It builds on ideas developed at the Heritage Foundation in the early 1990s that formed the basis for Republican counter-proposals to Clintoncare in 1993-1994."

So why are none of the talking heads on your TV screen and none of the op-ed writers in your newspaper talking about how this health plan is a big victory for Mitt Romney and Republican policy analysts? Because there has been a conspiracy of silence among those working for the bill and those working against it.

no, it's probably because romneycare is doing now to mass what obamcare wuill do to the country- breaking the budget and overtaxing the health care delivery system. here in mass, premiums are going up ahead of the national average, waits for PCPs are a year or more and ER usage fpr non-emergency care has NOT dropped even though we have 96%+ coverage.

why would anyone on either side of the issue tout this as a victory?

Forum List

Back