Why does our senators have better healthcare plans than we do ?

Because they are better than us
Smarter than us
and just all around good caring people who only have our best interests at heart

discuss ( I always wanted to say that)

Are you saying they are exempt from this shit sandwich they're stuffing down our throats?

Newp. On pg. 157, we can opt into theirs.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/opinion/20100321_Head_Strong__Health_plan_levels_playing_field.html

"For the first time, uninsured individuals, small businesses, they'd have the same kind of choice of private health insurance that members of Congress get for themselves," he said to applause. "Understand that if this reform becomes law, members of Congress, they'll be getting their insurance from the same place that the uninsured get theirs."

Is that true? Yes, according to a former Senate aide who helped draft the bill.

Before stepping down in January, John McDonough was senior adviser to the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions. Who better to ask if the plan being fashioned by Congress would apply to its authors as well as the public?

"Yes, and the specific reference to it is Section 1312 of the bill," he told me. "And you can go and look up the bill online, and you can actually see it there in the bill, starting on page 157."

Last edited:
Last night, on the news, they listed the section in the health care plan were it says congress can't have a better health care plan than what we get. It was described as a "little known fact" and was a talking point on the poor job Democrats have done selling this package.

Are you saying they are exempt from this shit sandwich they're stuffing down our throats?

why do you keep saying 'our' and 'we'?

YOU are going to have the same veteran's health coverage that every military person has. And if i'm not mistaken, that coverage is better than almost anyone's.

i don't begrudge veterans their health benefits because you all earned it. but still...

YOU are going to have the same veteran's health coverage that every military person has. And if i'm not mistaken, that coverage is better than almost anyone's.

i don't begrudge veterans their health benefits because you all earned it. but still...

Indeed. If anyone has the 'right' to 'free' healthcare, it is those who risk their lives for ours.

Indeed. If anyone has the 'right' to 'free' healthcare, it is those who risk their lives for ours.

Most the health care people will be recieving due to this bill will not be free, but hey keep pedaling that crap.

i agree. my only point is this bill doesn't affect him one iota.

and i don't know why you think anyone is getting 'free' healthcare under this bill. (unlike what the vets get).

Last edited:

It is also the only TRUE form of socialized medicine in this country.
They have government doctors and their hospitals are government controlled. And I also think they have every right to this care, just don't say someone else can't get coverage with the government's help.

Most the health care people will be recieving due to this bill will not be free, but hey keep pedaling that crap.

Is it subsidized at the expense of a taxpayer? Will most of those receiving that service be indeed those of the ~50% who do not pay income taxes? It is indeed the non-contributor reaping the benefits at the expense of the contributors....
No different or unfair than if career moneymaker A getting charged $10 for a gallon of milk while career lazy loser B who pays $0.25 for the same product

i agree. my only point is this bill doesn't affect him one iota.

and i don't know why you think anyone is getting 'free' healthcare under this bill. (unlike what the vets get).
The only people who would be able to get free health care through this bill, are probably already get free health care, so that probably won't change much either.

They have government doctors and their hospitals are government controlled. And I also think they have every right to this care, just don't say someone else can't get coverage with the government's help.

Employment benefit is not socialized medicine

We've already debunked this bullshit premise MANY times

Is it subsidized at the expense of a taxpayer? Will most of those receiving that service be indeed those of the ~50% who do not pay income taxes? It is indeed the non-contributor reaping the benefits at the expense of the contributors....
No different or unfair than if career moneymaker A getting charged $10 for a gallon of milk while career lazy loser B who pays $0.25 for the same product

the people who have no income already have health care.

people with money already have health care.

your statement isn't accurate. no one says these people aren't going to pay for health insurance.

most of the people without coverage WORK.

but keep spreading the 'lazy loser' bubbimeitzer.

My friend used to say the same shit, she also follows the tea party movement. Her story changed last year when her husband got laid off from the railroad and she was eight months pregnant with a two year old. Being a mother and needing to feed her family, she sucked it up and applied for WIC. I would never call my friend or her husband lazy or a loser.
Most of you like to people into this "loser" box, but most of the time they don't fit the box. :D

Employment benefit is not socialized medicine

We've already debunked this bullshit premise MANY times

How is military health care not socialized medicine?
They work for the government, they recieve medical from the government, the doctors work for the government, and the hospitals are run by the government.

And the Iraq war caused the biggest exapnsion of the VA healthcare system in many years.

Just something to keep in perspective when claiming that Obamacare did the same thing.

Forum List

Back