ObamaCare questions answered

Obamacare Isn't Communism, And 13 Other Questions Answered

Like most Americans, you've probably heard of "Obamacare," but you're not exactly sure what it is. According to your uncle's Facebook posts, it sounds pretty scary, like maybe it's going to turn America into a Kenyan Soviet Union or something.

Not suitable reading for the ignorant haters.

You post from the left-wing AARP and it's okay?

I post from so-called right-wing sites and it's wrong?

Any hypocrisy here? :eusa_whistle:

Obamacare Isn't Communism, And 13 Other Questions Answered

Like most Americans, you've probably heard of "Obamacare," but you're not exactly sure what it is. According to your uncle's Facebook posts, it sounds pretty scary, like maybe it's going to turn America into a Kenyan Soviet Union or something.

Not suitable reading for the ignorant haters.

Its not from AARP but that has nothing at all to do with it. There are many links from there that are not partisan.

It really is a shame that people are just so stuck in to their hate and bigotry. If people could just open their closed minds and EDUCATE themselves but they won't.

That's their choice but if you're going to refuse to EDUCATE YOURSELF, stop whining about it.

More than 40 have clicked on this thread so they KNOW there are informative, non-partisan links in the OP and yet, not one of the rw's who will admit to reading any of the factual links.

Typical.

Actually, there are 55 views but you and I both know most of them are phantom users tied to these threads through search engines.

That nobody else has responded may be due to the fact they know exactly what your posts contain and don't want to waste their time.

Not partisan? Please.

1. What is Obamacare, exactly?

"Obamacare" is a nickname for the Affordable Care Act, a controversial law Congress passed and President Obama signed in 2010. To the chagrin of Republican opponents, who are still trying to kill the law, the Supreme Court declared it constitutional in 2012.

* not partisan? yeah, right

2. What if the government shuts down because Republicans want to stop Obamacare?

It doesn't really matter ...

* if gov't shuts down it's because the senate and obama refuse to compromise. obama has arbitrarily changed parts of the law (giving exemptions, delaying the individual mandate for businesses) but when the Republicans ask for same? He says fuck you, I won. Not partisan? yeah right

OK, I buy my own insurance, what do I need to know? What do I do?

You may find that your current plan isn't available next year because it doesn't meet the new standards set by Obamacare. That's good news because you'll probably be getting better health insurance. Bad news: you may have to pay more. You'll be able to shop for a new plan on new health-insurance exchanges.

* Why should a 55 year old male who currently has a catastrophic plan that suits his needs have to pay more in order to be covered for maternity care, newborn care, pediatric care, including vision and dental?

Why should a person with a pre-existing condition pay the same amount for insurance as a person who doesn't have a pre-existing condition? How can that be, someone with a pre-existing condition is a higher risk. Shouldn't they pay more?

I'm not bothering to read the rest. It's a Huff Puff piece. You want to put out information for people? Get the info from an unbiased/partisan source.

Its not from AARP but that has nothing at all to do with it. There are many links from there that are not partisan.

It really is a shame that people are just so stuck in to their hate and bigotry. If people could just open their closed minds and EDUCATE themselves but they won't.

That's their choice but if you're going to refuse to EDUCATE YOURSELF, stop whining about it.

oh fuck you Dudley.....when are you going to open up your CLOSED MIND and stop saying Republicans are responsible for all the wrongs in this Country?....and please tell me you dont do that....because 90% of the shit you post....."rw's" are the bad guys ....they are Anti-American .....they are "traitors" .....they are "haters"........the list goes on.....EDUCATE yourself Dudley.....not all Republicans/Conservatives are like you say they are.....if you were not so dam dishonest you would say that when you throw out one of your "hateful" "bigoted" posts....

Harry is 100% correct. This issue is one of difference, politically and philosophically, not one of morality, of good and evil. We all know who the bad guys and girls are on both sides. 95% of Americans want what is best.

Fact: there was incredible traffic on the web sites today as people were looking around. The private competition seems good. If that continues and the subsidies kick in, prices will go down dramatically.

George Will is correct. If ACA is bad, let the "silent artillery of time" case it to fail. But, if this works and is good for Americans, then let that be so and recognize it.

Forum List

Back