Obama was Anti gay marriage when he ran for President, why isnt he cancelled?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
I find it fascinating how the left flip flop based on political objectives and have no core beliefs.

We all see it every day,

Now many on the left says you cannot be critical of the Biden admin, or you should be arrested.

Why? Why not when Bush and Trump were POTUS?

I find it fascinating how the left flip flop based on political objectives and have no core beliefs.

We all see it every day,

Now many on the left says you cannot be critical of the Biden admin, or you should be arrested.

Because at the time he thought that a “Legal Partnership” would be the same. So did most Americans in 2008.

But both Obama and most Americans evolved their positions that legal Same Sex Marriage was the fair and sensible thing to do.

Only Conservatives still object to it and start threads about it 14 years later.

We all see it every day,

Because everyone knows he was lying, his side and our side.

His side just won't admit it, and they can accept the fact of it via doublethink.

Because at the time he thought that a “Legal Partnership” would be the same. So did most Americans in 2008.

But both Obama and most Americans evolved their positions that legal Same Sex Marriage was the fair and sensible thing to do.

Only Conservatives still object to it and start threads about it 14 years later.

He lied to make sure he didn't piss of Religious black voters, and he knew progressive whites would see through that.

As time went on and the Democrats moved more left and more crazy left, he and his party had less need for the religious black vote, and dropped his pretenses.

Add in some hubris in thinking Dems would never lose the black vote, and you get Obama AND Hillary "adjusting" their viewpoints.

Or, maybe you're just spinning?

The low murmur from the crowd was a sharp contrast with the loud applause to Obama’s response to gay marriage a few seconds later.

Asked to define marriage, Obama said it “is the union between a man and a woman.”

I think he was lying when he said that.

Seemed like a wedge issue that he didn't want to get involved in because we weren't there yet as a country.

The left narrative is that Obama was lying to get elected?

Wow….lefties calling Obama a liar! Ouch
Politico says that the crowd (his crowd, I'm assuming) had a loud applause when he stated
that a marriage was between a man and a woman.
Hmmmm, interesting, I guess that was before the liberals thought of the gay community as a voting block.

We all see it every day,

This might be more relevant if Obama is the nominee in 2024. If not, your simply complaining about history.

He lied to make sure he didn't piss of Religious black voters, and he knew progressive whites would see through that.

As time went on and the Democrats moved more left and more crazy left, he and his party had less need for the religious black vote, and dropped his pretenses.

Add in some hubris in thinking Dems would never lose the black vote, and you get Obama AND Hillary "adjusting" their viewpoints.

Obama won by a landslide and I don’t think he was that concerned about winning the black vote.

Time to grow up and face reality. It has been over ten years and the world has not come to an end because we allow gay marriage. Most Americans are fine with it and do not consider it “crazy”

So just because someone did something disagreeable in the past, is does not mean they cant change?

Interesting point.

We agree.

Do you only give that deference to those on the left?
Of course they can change. Who has ever claimed that people can't change? Actions speak...current actions speak louder than former words.

Forum List

Back