Obama Urges Soviet-Style Voting Laws

I'm not for a mandate. I'm OK with requiring ID. I also want a voting week instead of a voting day. One day of which is a national holiday. I'd like automatic registration for all citizens. A voter registration number would work. Online voting ought to be explored.

More people voting equals a good thing. Right?

Why not have a van with voting booths in the back come to your door? Why not voting online? Why not instant verification of your status?

I'm not for a mandate. I'm OK with requiring ID. I also want a voting week instead of a voting day. One day of which is a national holiday. I'd like automatic registration for all citizens. A voter registration number would work. Online voting ought to be explored.

Why not have a van with voting booths in the back come to your door? Why not voting online? Why not instant verification of your status?
Voting online would be a horrible solution!!!! Far too vulnerable, especially to hackers and spammers like you :)

If people are disgusted by all the available "major" candidates and don't want to vote, they will no longer be allowed to make that choice.

Obama is proposing that people be forced to vote even if they don't want to. Apparently he feels there aren't enough regulations and restrictions on the American people, and he wants more.

He has not yet announced what punishment they would get if they tried to not vote. But I'm sure he'll get around to it.

And it would just be a matter of time before the Supreme Court declared that the punishment wasn't a penalty, but just a tax.

The Constitution says clearly that poll taxes are forbidden. But how about a tax for NOT going to the polls?

Is there anything Obama won't try to impose on us?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mandatory voting Obama says it would be transformative - Yahoo News

Mandatory voting? Obama says it would be 'transformative'

Associated Press
By JOSH LEDERMAN
18 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — They say the only two things that are certain in life are death and taxes. President Barack Obama wants to add one more: voting.

Obama floated the idea of mandatory voting in the U.S. while speaking to a civic group in Cleveland on Wednesday. Asked about the corrosive influence of money in U.S. elections, Obama digressed into the related topic of voting rights and said the U.S. should be making it easier — not harder— for people to vote.

"If everybody voted, then it would completely change the political map in this country," Obama said, calling it potentially transformative. Not only that, Obama said, but universal voting would "counteract money more than anything."

Disproportionately, Americans who skip the polls on Election Day are younger, lower-income and more likely to be immigrants or minorities, Obama said.

Voting online would be a horrible solution!!!! Far too vulnerable, especially to hackers and spammers like you :)

that's the reason the Democrat party is championing this

Jesus, you rubes are getting more and more retarded every day.

Obama in no way implied that voting should be mandatory. He said it should be EASIER, you stupid, stupid, stupid moron.

If it is easier to vote, more people will vote. The more people who vote, the better.

Dumbass.

FYI - BOTH political parties need uninformed voters to win an election, not just the Democrats. Political division keeps politicians in business. As long as we argue over one party being better than the other, we're playing right into the hands of ALL professional politicians. Division is our enemy, and unity is politicians enemy. A united citizenry is the worst fear of professional politicians. They (politicians) know that most voters aren't smart enough to figure it out, so they continue to play one side against the other, laughing and enjoying the show. And, we wonder why this country is in the mess that it's in. Go figure.

Probably most of the people who don't vote, are those who aren't paying attention, don't know what the various candidates offer... and especially, they don't know what the candidates have done in the past.

No wonder Obama wants people like that, to vote. More of them will vote Democrat than any voters who DO know what the Democrats have done in the past.

Ignorant and uninformed people are the lifeblood of the Democrat party. No one else wants anything to do with them.

When there is low voter turnout, the GOP has the advantage. That's why they work so hard to prevent high voter turnouts.

If the uninformed voter broke even or more for the right there is NO WAY IN HELL King Obama would propose this ludicrous idea to begin with.

My title is confirmed

Talk about uninformed voters. I'm betting when you vote you have no idea who is running for what on the ballot, because all you ever do each time you vote is walk into the voting booth and pull the big lever to vote straight republican.

I vote issues & politicians I am familiar with. Unlike most of you I DON'T vote on an issue or candidate if I am unfamiliar with it or them.

Now kindly fuck off troll

When there is low voter turnout, the GOP has the advantage.
Yup, when the ignorant and disinterested don't vote, and only the people who are involved and know what's going on vote, the GOP always gets more votes.

Thanks for pointing that out.

That's why they work so hard to prevent high voter turnouts.
I've noticed that when liberal whiners face a situation they don't like by can't handle, they always resort to baldfaced lies that that one.

Actually, Obama called for making voting easier, not harder. And talked about the effects of mandatory voting. He's never proposed the idea, called for it, or supported its application in the US.

And he's right on mandatory voting. We can't do it under our system without a constitutional amendment. But if we did, it would radically change the political landscape.

If the uninformed voter broke even or more for the right there is NO WAY IN HELL King Obama would propose this ludicrous idea to begin with.

My title is confirmed
Your title is biased, misleading, and doesn't give the complete picture.
TRANSLATION: I can't refute a word of it. But I hate it anyway, so I'll lie about it and hope somebody believes me somewhere.

Forum List

Back