Obama Urges Soviet-Style Voting Laws

So far, there have been two topics started by the mass email rubes on this "mandatory voting".

We should start a lottery pool which allows people to bet on how many total topics the rubes will start about it.

So far, there have been two topics started by the mass email rubes on this "mandatory voting".

We should start a lottery pool which allows people to bet on how many total topics the rubes will start about it.

whats the over an under ?

100$ on the over

Last edited:
Obama said voting should be made easier to counteract the effect of large amounts of campaign spending. The easier it is to vote, the more people will vote. The more people vote, the better. It counteracts the special interests.

The GOP knows elections turn out better for them with low voter turnouts, which is why they work so hard at keeping voter turnout as low as possible. And which is why they have the rubes drinking the piss that Obama just said voting should be mandatory.

He didn't. He said voting should be EASIER. Of course, when you have your hands clamped over your eyes and ears, it is understandable you would hear "mandatory" when someone you make a point of not listening to says "easier".

I'm all for it. If it means defeating big money in politics, then let's do it. Afterall, most Americans side with today's most important issues such as raising the minimum wage, raising taxes on the wealthy, and the government acting on climate change. Unfortunately, Americans seem confused which party supports what so too many vote republican which is a complete travesty.

Obama Maybe it s time for mandatory voting - CNN.com

I'm all for it. If it means defeating big money in politics, then let's do it. Afterall, most Americans side with today's most important issues such as raising the minimum wage, raising taxes on the wealthy, and the government acting on climate change. Unfortunately, Americans seem confused which party supports what so too many vote republican which is a complete travesty.

Obama Maybe it s time for mandatory voting - CNN.com

Add to that: whatever party and party leaders/platform you vote for,
you are responsible for them, including funding and legal liabilities and costs,
and they are responsible for you. Mandatory!

The boi is still but hurt because he lost congress, it won't go anywhere. But I will take the money in politics over millions of ignorant voters any day.
Oh, right the few with big money should have say over the destiny of millions of others. Yeah, you really are a republican, arent you?

Ironic that in a supposedly free country, Obama wants to institute mandatory voting!
It is far worse to have an uninformed vote than no vote at all.

The boi is still but hurt because he lost congress, it won't go anywhere. But I will take the money in politics over millions of ignorant voters any day.
Oh, right the few with big money should have say over the destiny of millions of others. Yeah, you really are a republican, arent you?

Make decisions by consensus, take away any effect of bribing or buying anyone (since the decisions rely on the consent of others, not just on the decision makers), and all money currently poured into campaign lobbying can be invested in solutions.

Wanting to be forced to do something against your will. Yeah, you're a dumbass liberal, aren't you?

How are you going to enforce it? Are you going to have the police and military round people take them to the polls and hold them their till they vote and lock them up if they refuse? Just how much control do some of you want the government to have over you?

How are you going to enforce it? Are you going to have the police and military round people take them to the polls and hold them their till they vote and lock them up if they refuse? Just how much control do some of you want the government to have over you?
I think a fine would suffice. Perhaps a tax penalty. That's just my opinion.

Forum List

Back