Obama: "Tolly-Bon", "Pocky-ston"???

Because many in the belt way, because of Ivy League education, talk differently. No reason why the should not, and no reason for you to make fun of it.

Well I'm going to. They sound like fucking idiots. Just talk in your normal accent. Bush had an Ivy League education and didn't talk that way. Some of the NFL players and coaches had Ivy League educations. They dont either.

Lefties like the self-important feeling they get when they try to talk like a native of a foreign country would. Out of "respect" right?

Your argument is neither the Lefty Way or the Righty Way.

Your argument is about the Dumb Way.

Go ahead and talk the dumb way all you want. We have libs and cons here who talk the dumb way.

Go for it.

What is "dumb" about one's native accent? Some very educated people in the North would say "car" as "cah". Some very educated people in the South may say "ya'll" rather than "you all".

Accents dont reflect intelligence. But the effort to hide one's accent, on purpose, only for select words does reflect something. I'm trying to figure out what.

Here's what you do. You listen to native speakers of a particular language say words. Then, you do your best to pronounce the words........especially when it comes to proper nouns......exactly the same way.

You make an attempt, asshole.

Fuck that. I'll use whatever my native accent is to pronounce a word. You dont here foreign leaders trying to twist their natural accent to pronounce words to better please Americans.

Another one I hate that the lefties always do:

When they are talking in their normal accent, then the word "Latino" comes up, and they suddenly become Hispanic and emphasize a long "i" with a long "e" sound, like "Lateeeeeno". They sound like fucking idiots when they do that. Like bitch, just say it how you normally say it, we'll still get the point.

Your long-winded nonsense merely demonstrates how unAmerican you are. Get over yourself, self-inflated bubba. Your way is only one of several ways. Latino with the long e is how it is pronounced, bubba.

The pro-pretentious lobby is heard from...

My simple guess?

Obama has hordes of left wing retards that worship his every move, and bow down to anything they think is super duper intellectual. When he pronounces words in an odd way, like "Pocky-Ston", "Tolly-Bon" and others.............it strikes a feeling of being star-struck into the hearts of liberals.

They collectively think "Oh, did you hear how he pronounced Pakistan? I didn't know that was the right way to say it. Gosh, he's so smart, I didn't know, I have to start saying it the right way. I love Him."

I think you can figure it out.

Humor me.

Simple.

Harry-Karry

Karry-Oak-ee

Ko-Bee

Sock-ee

Anything else is pure pretension.

Its a test to see how intellectual, how international, how multicultural, how white, how racist, how liberal, and how wordly you are.

Only simple minded Americans pronounce words the way Americans do. Real, smart, liberal Americans pronounce it the right way, the liberal way, the way that you would fit in around an Amsterdam coffee/weed house. And if you aren't sure, just wait, Obama will instruct you on how your accent should sound.

Well I'm going to. They sound like fucking idiots. Just talk in your normal accent. Bush had an Ivy League education and didn't talk that way. Some of the NFL players and coaches had Ivy League educations. They dont either.

Lefties like the self-important feeling they get when they try to talk like a native of a foreign country would. Out of "respect" right?

Go ahead and talk the dumb way all you want. We have libs and cons here who talk the dumb way.

Go for it.

What is "dumb" about one's native accent? Some very educated people in the North would say "car" as "cah". Some very educated people in the South may say "ya'll" rather than "you all".

Accents dont reflect intelligence. But the effort to hide one's accent, on purpose, only for select words does reflect something. I'm trying to figure out what.

Who is hiding what? And how do you judge that? I hope you are not asking Unkotare for advice on this matter. He barely knows how to say, 'uh huh'.

Because many in the belt way, because of Ivy League education, talk differently. No reason why the should not, and no reason for you to make fun of it.

The "dumb way"!!!!

529.gif

LOL!!!!!!

.....But, when one o' them, there furriners talk 'Merican....with a furrin-accent....ii's some kind o' sin, right????

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Fuckin' Teabaggers

Go for it.

Who is hiding what? And how do you judge that? I hope you are not asking Unkotare for advice on this matter. He barely knows how to say, 'uh huh'.

You saying you dont see idiots on the cable news speaking normal, then they hit a word like Latino, Taliban, Pakistan, and all of a sudden for one word they twist their accent into an unnatural one to pronounce that word differently?

Sounds so fucking stupid.

You saying you dont see idiots on the cable news speaking normal, then they hit a word like Latino, Taliban, Pakistan, and all of a sudden for one word they twist their accent into an unnatural one to pronounce that word differently?

Sounds so fucking stupid.

That is merely biased, silly opinion. Hint? No one cares. Ese?

You're confirming my point. Americans dont pronouce it that way.

Only left wing fucking idiots take the time to know, or care, how a goat and dirt farmer in a cave would say it.

You keep suggesting that Obama says it the way native speakers would say it.

Does he?

I've heard knowledgeable people say Pahkistan, and Pahkistahn. I don't know of anyone else who pronounces those two particular words "Pakistan" and "Taliban" in the exaggerated way Obama does.

.....Ah, yes.....no doubt being the Teabaggin' world-traveler you are, right??

490.gif
490.gif
490.gif
528.gif

LOL - sorry Jake - it sounds totally pretentious when Obama goes all cartoonish with those words.

It says a lot about the speaker. And not that he is educated.

The "dumb way"!!!!

529.gif

LOL!!!!!!

.....But, when one o' them, there furriners talk 'Merican....with a furrin-accent....ii's some kind o' sin, right????

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Fuckin' Teabaggers

Ha. You're bigotry is coming out.

No, I dont expect a Mexican person who comes here to speak with an accent from an American region. I hope he speaks English, because most of our country does and he'll have an easier time. But if he speaks English, I fully expect him to have an accent from his native country. Thats normal. I DO NOT expect him to start trying to pronounce words with a New Jersey accent. Thats insane. And thats what Obama basically tries to do.

LOL - sorry Jake - it sounds totally pretentious when Obama goes all cartoonish with those words.

It says a lot about the speaker. And not that he is educated.

It does. But again, I think its because he wants to impress his hordes of followers. They hear him say it, and they get a thrill running up their legs.

LOL - sorry Jake - it sounds totally pretentious when Obama goes all cartoonish with those words. It says a lot about the speaker. And not that he is educated.
Ah . . . yeah, he is. And your reaction says far, far more about you. The great majority of Americans have no problems with this. They know it is not important.

The only bigotry here is yours, Bucs90. You are projecting your angst onto others. Get over yourself, that's where this issue rests.

Go for it.

I reckon I know more about this matter than anyone else on the forum.

Funny. This clip shows the professional, trained journalist saying "Pakistan" and "Taliban", the normal way. He is educated and trained to have a neutral accent.

Yet, Obama uses "Pocky-Ston" and "Tolly-Bon". Why?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw2XTC1V4fk]Obama saying he would attack terrorists in Pakistan - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back