Obama to propose $10 per barrel fee on oil

I would be perfectly fine with adding this tax only on oil that was imported, not oil that was drilled/pumped here locally.

it's all owned by multi-national corporations. so i'm not sure you get to separate it out that easily.

besides.... I doubt the president is interested in putting a tarriff on goods coming in from Saudi Arabia, etc

There is no such thing as "sustainable" energy.
Sustainable Energy- "Energy that is produced using the sun, wind, etc., or from crops, rather than using fuels such as oil or coal which cannot be replaced"
sustainable energy Definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
Yeah, not sustainable...not reliable....dirty as hell to mfg and an eyesore.....sustainable economy ...how bout that instead of terms that are created to impart righteousness not based in fact......new alchemy

Sustainable Energy- "Energy that is produced using the sun, wind, etc., or from crops, rather than using fuels such as oil or coal which cannot be replaced"
Yeah, not sustainable...not reliable....dirty as hell to mfg and an eyesore.....sustainable economy ...how bout that instead of terms that are created to impart righteousness not based in fact......new alchemy
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying here. It would help if you used verbs in your sentences...

I am planning to dig a deep cistern in my back yard and BUY direct from SAUDI
ARABIA we can ALL do that and CORNER the whole world market

I wondered how long it would take this dunderhead to figure out how to fuck up a good thing.

Off topic, I found a kick ass '70 AAR Cuda that I'd like to buy so I will be implementing a $2.00/month 'surfing fee' for all USMBoarders.

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying here. It would help if you used verbs in your sentences...
Is 300 sq miles of windmill per midsize elec generating plant any way sustainable,,you would need a billion of them to replace coal......5000 acres of solar panels per nuke plant.....you call that "sustainable".......

Geez.. when does it stop with him?

President Barack Obama will propose a $10 per barrel charge on oil to fund clean transportation initiatives as part of his final budget request next week.

Oil companies would pay the fee, which would be gradually introduced over five years.

"By placing a fee on oil, the President's plan creates a clear incentive for private sector innovation to reduce our reliance on oil and at the same time invests in clean energy technologies that will power our future," the White House said in a statement.
Just another salvo in Obama's war against the middle class.

Geez.. when does it stop with him?

President Barack Obama will propose a $10 per barrel charge on oil to fund clean transportation initiatives as part of his final budget request next week.

Oil companies would pay the fee, which would be gradually introduced over five years.

"By placing a fee on oil, the President's plan creates a clear incentive for private sector innovation to reduce our reliance on oil and at the same time invests in clean energy technologies that will power our future," the White House said in a statement.

It's part of the fundamental transformation of the USA into Venezuela

Forum List

Back