Obama to announce Tuesday he will regulate existing power plants as part of climate s

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Obama to announce Tuesday he will regulate existing power plants as part of climate strategy
Obama to announce Tuesday he will regulate existing power plants as part of climate strategy

By Juliet Eilperin, Published: June 22, 2013 at 3:00 pmE-mail the writer

President Obama will announce Tuesday in a speech at Georgetown University that he plans to regulate greenhouse-gas emissions from existing power plants, according to individuals who have been briefed on the plan but asked not to be identified.

In a statement Saturday afternoon sent via the White House Twitter feed, Obama said that he plans to fulfill the pledge he made in his second inaugural address to “respond to the growing threat of climate change for the sake of our children and future generations.”

YAY, He's going to KILL dirty coal and OIL. Let us replace this with millions of wind, solar, thermal and wave energy plants. Of course we could add some more nuclear!!!!

We shouldn't have to breath bad air anymore!

Crush the economy even more...this will directly affect my wife's family who live and work in West Va and friends of ours in Kentucky.

Obama started his administration with 10% unemployment, and he will end it with 10% unemployment. This policy, alone, was sufficient reason to boot him and his ilk out of the government.

People are so damn stupid. Let's see how much they love Obama when their electric bill goes up 300%

No one should be making money off of making people breath bad air. ;)

We're doing pretty good but we can do a little bit better on that. Agree?

60 percent of all current electrical power in the States comes from greenhouse gas emitting power sources. Care to explain what will replace them? And how that will occur by Tuesday?

Crush the economy even more...this will directly affect my wife's family who live and work in West Va and friends of ours in Kentucky.

Obama started his administration with 10% unemployment, and he will end it with 10% unemployment. This policy, alone, was sufficient reason to boot him and his ilk out of the government.

People are so damn stupid. Let's see how much they love Obama when their electric bill goes up 300%

I wouldn't be surprised if its higher than that. My damn electric bill averages 100$ a month in my old place we just moved in to this place so no idea,it doesn't have central ac so we have a ac in the window and fans to use and the heat is a wood stove so I know it will drop a ton come winter.

• Banned

60 percent of all current electrical power in the States comes from greenhouse gas emitting power sources. Care to explain what will replace them? And how that will occur by Tuesday?

Add another 10% on nuclear
3% to 10% on wind
Solar
Thermal can be a big part of it
Wave. Yes use the ocean!

We could easily cut out coal and oil within electric generation.

Add another 10% on nuclear
3% to 10% on wind
Solar
Thermal can be a big part of it
Wave. Yes use the ocean!

We could easily cut out coal and oil within electric generation.

By Tuesday? And no we can't. Nuclear could take up the slack but it is still pretty much banned in every State and it would take 5 years to build new plants.

Hope you enjoy a MASSIVE increase in your electric bill.

By Juliet Eilperin, Published: June 22, 2013 at 3:00 pmE-mail the writer

President Obama will announce Tuesday in a speech at Georgetown University that he plans to regulate greenhouse-gas emissions from existing power plants, according to individuals who have been briefed on the plan but asked not to be identified.

In a statement Saturday afternoon sent via the White House Twitter feed, Obama said that he plans to fulfill the pledge he made in his second inaugural address to “respond to the growing threat of climate change for the sake of our children and future generations.”

YAY, He's going to KILL dirty coal and OIL. Let us replace this with millions of wind, solar, thermal and wave energy plants. Of course we could add some more nuclear!!!!

We shouldn't have to breath bad air anymore!

We aren't breathing bad air now. Radical environmentalism and the belief in man made climate change is just another religious cult.

I'm NOT saying by this Tuesday but within the next 5-10 years.

Meanwhile Obama taxes power so that your rates increase astronomically. Great plan.

10% more nuclear! The left needs to realize this if they're serious.
3-4 times as much wind for our nation. We could do this over the next 5-10 years.
solar is becoming cheaper and normal people are putting it on their homes. This is to take off the slack on the grid.
Thermal could be huge! Drill directly into the earth for our power. ;)
Wave! yes it is costly but I don't think we will use a lot of it...Regional thing you know.

This would be slowly done within a way that hopefully wouldn't cause black outs or huge cost increases. We do need a modern energy grid for our country.

Because we need it we need to face the reality that we may have to pay slightly more.

I'm NOT saying by this Tuesday but within the next 5-10 years.

Meanwhile Obama taxes power so that your rates increase astronomically. Great plan.

10% more nuclear! The left needs to realize this if they're serious.
3-4 times as much wind for our nation. We could do this over the next 5-10 years.
solar is becoming cheaper and normal people are putting it on their homes. This is to take off the slack on the grid.
Thermal could be huge! Drill directly into the earth for our power. ;)
Wave! yes it is costly but I don't think we will use a lot of it...Regional thing you know.

This would be slowly done within a way that hopefully wouldn't cause black outs or huge cost increases. We do need a modern energy grid for our country.

Because we need it we need to face the reality that we may have to pay slightly more.

Which does not change the fact that Nuclear is a no go and that next Tuesday the taxing will begin. Can you afford to pay 3 times what you pay now?

NO ONE is promoting Nuclear, It is still viewed as dangerous. Care to name ANY new plants under construction?

As for solar it is regional and it is iffy and expensive. Wind the same. Every attempt to make large scale solar facilities has met with opposition and been scuttled. As far as I know most new wind farms are also opposed and scuttled.

Meanwhile Obama will cause an increase of 300 percent in cost, that MEANS across the board. Not only will your electric bill increase but everything you buy will too, everything made in this country , shipped in this country, stored in this country will triple in price.

We MUST do something EVEN though there is NO warming!!!!!

Global warming isn't a big driver for me. I just feel that we need a more modern grid and with a more reliable energy infrastructure. Nuclear, Wind, solar, Wave, Thermal makes a lot of sense.

No more middle east or outside sources that leads to wars.

There isn't the slightest thing "reliable" about wind and solar.

Forum List

Back