Obama: Snowden is not a traitor...he is a whistleblower.

No, he is a Benedict Arnold who sold out his country and then ran to several communist countries to seek refuge. Please continue to call him a whistle blower after the next terrorist attack that orchestrated from information he has handed to our enemies.

YOU SHOULD BE PROUD! Nominate him for the Nobel Prize will you? I am sure he will be given a hardy welcome to pick up his award....
Communists? Really? Both places he fled to are running toward liberty and open economies as fast as ours it running towards totalitarian societal and economic controls.

I think the word that describes Snowden is criminal no matter how you feel about his actions he signed a oath not to reveal any of what went on which he broke and he needs to answer for it. For me he needs to come back be given a trial so he can make is case and let a jury decide if his actions were criminal or not.

Would you feel the same way if it weren't the government but a chemical company illegally pollluting a stream feeding a reservoir? He signed an oath saying he would never reveal the carcinogens being dumped into the water supply isn't that a crime?

Not really the same it is a different thing to sign a oath knowing something illegal is taking place before you sign. It's not the same with Snowden and the NSA agree with them or not their actions have not been judged illegal yet. My point here is simply once you sign a oath of secrecy and you decide to break for what you feel are just reasons does not excuse the consquences of breaking it if you want to make such a stand you need to be ready to defend it in a court of law.

Had he stayed here and faced the music, he would be considered a whistleblower, and a credit to the nation. He ran off to China, then Russia, and no telling what information he has given them. I have no respect for that kind of action.

he stayed he would be in a hole.

Had he stayed here and faced the music, he would be considered a whistleblower, and a credit to the nation. He ran off to China, then Russia, and no telling what information he has given them. I have no respect for that kind of action.

This is what I don't understand. Those who oppose what Snowden did seem to oppose it on the fact that he didn't stick around to be locked up for life. They seem to agree with his reasoning, but wanted him to be some sort of martyr. It's completely illogical. We aren't a culture that reveres martyrs the way others do. Him being locked up for life would have done as much good as the random suicide bomber. None!

AGAIN - it is apparent that the story I heard on the news this morning IS NOT TRUE.

I have found no articles backing the story up...no way it can be true.

It is never going to happen. What the little boy did was not whistle blowing. He betrayed his nation and he is fellow citizens. he has revealed ways that we gather intelligence and therefore has given terrorist worldwide a new way to avoid detection of their plots.

He will never be able to return this this country, unless he decides to face charges.

This is what I don't understand. Those who oppose what Snowden did seem to oppose it on the fact that he didn't stick around to be locked up for life. They seem to agree with his reasoning, but wanted him to be some sort of martyr. It's completely illogical. We aren't a culture that reveres martyrs the way others do. Him being locked up for life would have done as much good as the random suicide bomber. None!
There are plenty who are of the belief that whatever the government does, regardless of the cost or result, is good and holy so long as the cover story is safety and security.

what i dont understand is the fact they seem more pissed off he did this than the actual fact of what the NSA is doing.

what i dont understand is the fact they seem more pissed off he did this than the actual fact of what the NSA is doing.

A lot of the same people were cheering Bradley Manning for something similar. At the same time those on the right were calling Manning a traitor. It's called hypocrisy. It wasn't right when Bush was in office, and it isn't right now.

A lot of the same people were cheering Bradley Manning for something similar. At the same time those on the right were calling Manning a traitor. It's called hypocrisy. It wasn't right when Bush was in office, and it isn't right now.

correct....all those people who said they had nothing to hide, now have something to hide

OMG, the classic leftard, when caught - denies the involvement in any wrongdoing :D

he is against it until he is for it, or vice verse :lmao:

AGAIN - it is apparent that the story I heard on the news this morning IS NOT TRUE.

I have found no articles backing the story up...no way it can be true.

It is apparent you heard what you wanted to hear, not what was actually said. And you could not wait to rush here and tell us what the voices in your head said before confirming it.

Well done!

He would be either assassinated or in a secret prison. Maybe Guantanamo. Under Obama's orders.

Obama made it very clear he did not like Snowden. Obama lied about the NSA, if it were not for Snowden you would still believe Obama was better than Bush.

Snowden is a criminal. Period

NSA spying is the police state run amok. Period.

That doesn't make Snowden the judge and jury regardless.

He is a criminal for HIS actions

What are you fucking talking about man? Criminal how? What law says you can't report a constitutional crime? If there is such a law does it superseded the constitutional law? You found one fucking hell of a loop hole. Obama or any President can simply write up a contract.... wait, fuck I could write up a contract and have someone place cameras in restrooms to watch people unknowingly and if someone who works for me (under contract) tells on me they are a criminal punishable by law and I'm not?

Are fucking high man?

He would be either assassinated or in a secret prison. Maybe Guantanamo. Under Obama's orders.

Obama made it very clear he did not like Snowden. Obama lied about the NSA, if it were not for Snowden you would still believe Obama was better than Bush.

i honestly dont blame Obama or Bush. From what i've heard, they are basically sat down and told. This is what we need, you will do it or face another 9-11.
The Agencies basically own the white house in that sense.

i honestly dont blame Obama or Bush. From what i've heard, they are basically sat down and told. This is what we need, you will do it or face another 9-11.
The Agencies basically own the white house in that sense.

Maybe so... But Bush and Obama make their choices just like you, me or even Snowden. In this case Snowden made the tough choice that you and I will prolly never face, while Obama and Bush make the sell out choice. Oddly Obama and Bush ran on being the better person and failed while Snowden was just some guy in a unique situation. The country voted for Obama and Bush based on them claiming they would make the right choice and do the tough things other Presidents wouldn't... Yet they have failed.

So I hold them accountable, that's all. It's not as if Obama or Bush didn't know the choice was going to be there once they got into office, it was literally the base for their campaign.

Forum List

Back