obama should use the military in libya

Just send a cruise missile into his pup tent and be done with it. He's making no effort to hide himself. We know where he is.

Im not calling for killing him, or invading. I was simply suggesting a no fly zone. Purely to stop Him from using his Air Force to attack his people.

In fact the threat alone of a couple of US carriers in the Med would help. Thanks to Obama for the first time in many years we have, or at least had, not carrier battle groups in the Med.

it's time for the chief to send in the special forces to capture al-qaddafi, then we could put him on trial in new york city.
he should damn the politics, and do what's right. the u.n suspends libya, "you are a very bad boy gadaffi, don't make us warn you, about slaughtering civilians".

NationalJournal.com - U.S. Orders Warships to Mediterranean - Tuesday, March 1, 2011

how_about_no.jpg

There is NO provision in the Constitution for getting involved in other nations internal affairs. :doubt:

The Constitution doesnt tell us when we can or can't go to war. We could go to war because someone pissed on a wall.

As for the subject on hand, their internal affairs are spiking oil and gas prices. We do have an interest in that.

actually the constitution does. It instructs us to employ a federal government to provide for our defense, not useless offense that has no bearing on our state.

It also requires that Congress provide authority for foreign military engagements.

Libya is a risk. The struggle in Libya could be short and sweet or ugly, long and protracted. And the new government could be better or worse than the present government.

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

Welcome to Planet Hannity.

Once we get rid of Gaddafi, democracy will bloom.

3 trillions later...

(Funny thing is, the Bushies will be back in 2012 -- and they love to use national security threats in order to make government bigger through defense and surveillance. This is what they always do. They grow Washington like nobody else. If you think we're in debt now, you ain't seen nothing yet. Nobody spends like a Republican in the White House. They always manage to outspend their democratic predecessor by a factor of 2 or more. See Reagan and W.)

(Wow, just wow)

Last edited:
didn't you know its only okay for our soldiers to die for israel because that is what jesus put in the constitution?

I don't know what the U.S. angle is on Libya, but I do know that countries, the U.S. included, only wage wars to help themselves in some way. Whatever the foreign policy angle here is that the OA is trying to play has ZERO to do with saving some poor people from a thug, just saying.

no one has mentioned that we belong to a world community, it's not just us on the planet.

it does continue to send a message to the world that the united states is compassionate and cares about human rights around the world.

gadaffi will cause his own demise, from his own poulation.
so we don't need to go in. i do like the idea of drones and missles, if those being slaughtered ask for the help. either way it's fun to discuss military strategy being so far removed from "what the president knows". this little mess should take care of itself.

I'm not sure that's how it would work. The ICC is in The Hague, which is where I believe he would have to be tried.

Then there's the issue of who would replace him? There is no freedom of assembly in Libya. Gadoofy has systematically rooted out and eliminated any groups of political opposition over the years. The people in a position to replace him right now are those who support him, new boss old boss kind of thing.

So before he's removed post haste, there needs to be a plan for interim governance while a fair election is held between a bunch of political newbs.

I would like to see the US and Europe apply pressures in ways other than military action right now. Freeze bank accounts. Identify several legitimate opposition leaders and provide financial support so that when, not if, Gadoofy is gone, the transition can be less chaotic.
Why should we get involved in Libya's internal problems?

To help get rid of a dictator?

Heck, there are several African countries run by extremely brutal dictators that are far worse than Gadafi.

Why don't we go in and help those people?

Oh yea, I forgot; they don't have oil and they are black. :doubt:

You have a point, if these uprisings happened in Zimbabwe or Uganda, you definently would not hear anything about the US Military being involved.

I am totally against this idea, as soon as 1 US Troop touches Libyan soil or 1 US bomb is dropped, this becomes an American problem.

Meddling in the middle east always works perfectly for us. Supporting Osama and Saddam in the past, now supporting King Abdullah and having recently supported President Mubarak.

Didn't we already try to warmonger in Libya in the 80's with Reagan and we cut and run? The mistake wasn't running away, it was going there in the 1st place, as it would be now.

Why americans would rather have money from their check spent on "defending" Libyans rather than defending our borders and ports is absolutely astonishing to me.

It's not our fight. Let the people there fix their country so that if they succeed they get the credit and if they fail they learn the lesson. IF the US is involved we will just put another puppet Government in and the country will hate us in years to come.

Last, why are so many liberals war congeners and how did they not learn a lesson from Iraq/Afghanistan? Oh, that's right... All it takes is a D next to the president’s name to make it all ok.

It's not our fight. Let the people there fix their country so that if they succeed they get the credit and if they fail they learn the lesson. IF the US is involved we will just put another puppet Government in and the country will hate us in years to come.

Last, why are so many liberals war congeners and how did they not learn a lesson from Iraq/Afghanistan? Oh, that's right... All it takes is a D next to the president’s name to make it all ok.

What makes you say liberals are for war? Oh that's right, wingnuts either believe everything they hear about Obama and liberals as long as it's bad or are willing to outright lie to make their point. :cuckoo:

What makes you say liberals are for war? Oh that's right, wingnuts either believe everything they hear about Obama and liberals as long as it's bad or are willing to outright lie to make their point. :cuckoo:

What makes him think liberals are for war?

I used to think people had short memories, now I worry it's caused by some sort of severe blow to the head that causes this amnesia.

What was it? 2 years ago that liberals were cheering on and singing Obama's praise for enhancing the warmongering in Afghanistan? I mean to hell with those truckloads of dead civilians the people were driving to US posts, those bombs that killed them saved everyone else!

No no no you right wing war mongers.

Gaddhafi has not attacked us on US soil, he was not involved in 9-11 and he may or may not have WMD's, but he is slaughtering his own people.

Just like Saddam. Which is why we can't go in!!!

So is Mugabe but he doesn't have anything we want.

People who want to start another ground war over there, in a country whose population is about half the size of NYC, need their heads examined (to quote Secretary Gates).

There is NO provision in the Constitution for getting involved in other nations internal affairs. :doubt:

The Constitution doesnt tell us when we can or can't go to war. We could go to war because someone pissed on a wall.

As for the subject on hand, their internal affairs are spiking oil and gas prices. We do have an interest in that.

Funny how the language in the Constitution gets manipulated depending on what people support in modern times. The Constitution calls for a national DEFENSE, not a national OFFENSE.

I made a post calling for the use of USAF and navy forces to protect the people in Libya a week ago.

you should listen to the baby in your AV. It's smarter than you.

You should grow up and learn to debate people instead of just telling them how stupid you think they are.

I am not saying anything that the leaders of Nato, and now Hillary are not also saying.

All Hillary has done is put forth a list of possibilities.

He's a limp noodle, he's a babe in the woods
Do tyrants fear America anymore? President Obama
The débacle of Washington’s handling of the Libya issue is symbolic of a wider problem at the heart of the Obama administration’s foreign policy. The fact that it took ten days and at least a thousand dead on the streets of Libya’s cities before President Obama finally mustered the courage to call for Muammar “mad dog” Gaddafi to step down is highly embarrassing for the world’s only superpower, and emblematic of a deer-in-the-headlights approach to world leadership. Washington seems incapable of decisive decision-making on foreign policy at the moment, a far cry from the days when it swept entire regimes from power, and defeated America’s enemies with deep-seated conviction and an unshakeable drive for victory.

With Gaddaffi threatening to kill Americans (and other westerners), I suppose you think it would have been more appropriate to put them in harms way by telling Gaddafi to step down? That "limp noodle" strategy was to wait until any American who wanted to leave, could, before flexing our muscle. Gee, what shock to the trigger happy morons that must have been.

Forum List

Back