Obama says the private sector is "DOING JUST FINE" LMAO

Soo... far be it from me to break in on this bubble fest, but...

Has private sector hiring not increased every month for the last 2 1/2 years?

Has public sector hiring not decreased for almost every month over that time period?

Have corporate profits not dramatically increased?

Has GDP not increased at a pretty good clip over that time period?

Did the DJIA fall back beneath 7000 while I had my head turned?

So, I'm not really seeing where what he said was incorrect here.

Perhaps you can help me.

As far as I can see, the only reason unemployment is still at 8.2 percent is that so many people have been laid off in the public sector.
Job creation is the lowest of any recovery,not even enough to absorb the growing labor force. Major companies have lots of money in the bank because they cannot invest it in new products and equipment because they cannot price those investments. Small companies are going out of business. Major investment has shifted to overseas, where there is a more stable legal system and economy.

Frankly this will go down as the biggest embarassment of Obama's administration. I liked Jindal's comment: Obama is so removed from the private sector he needs a passport to get there.

The left constantly says the 99% are suffering. So which is it? And I'd also like to point out wallstreet is not main street.

My business while rebounding is still lagging far behind where it was in 08.

Ahh, those are good points.

Points that have more to do with income inequality than the state of the private sector economy.

Also about huge multinational corporations pushing the little guys out of business.

You may want to talk to Congress about that. Tell them to change international trade laws so WalMart stops taking over main street.

Sorry but I'm not biting.

I compete against Home Depot and Lowe's quite regularly. I have yet to lose a bid to them that I know of. For example we did a bath remodel a while back that HD had bid at over 22k and offered generic and minimal options. I came in at just over 13k with a plethora of upgrades.
The one we just finished this week totaled just under 20k and we did custom things that HD wouldn't touch.

If you can't compete with the big box stores then something is wrong with your business platform and failure is quick to come.

And public sector jobs need to stay gone. Those people need to find jobs in the private sector. In case you hadnt noticed we are near bankruptcy and can no longer afford to grow the govt sector. Walker gave you guys a solution and you spit in his face.

Whether they need to "stay gone" or not is not the point.

The point is that they are gone, and therefore unemployment has stayed high.

Private Sector jobs have been rising steadily since about Feb 2010.

Which was his point.

If you want to complain about unemployment, then you must acknowledge what is causing said unemployment.

And at the current rate of job growth unemployment will still suck for years to come. Part of what is causing unemployment is Mr. Soetoro's "endless attacks" on businesses that don't fit into his definition of "Green".

Obama says private sector 'doing fine,' then Standard & Poor keeps downgrade, negative outlook | Fox News
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Standard & Poor’s affirmed its long-term credit rating on the United States at AA+ and said its outlook remains negative.

The credit agency made the announcement after Obama's said Friday morning that the private sector is "doing fine" and that the GOP Congress is slowing down the economy. It was immediately pounced on by Mitt Romney and other Republican leaders, resulting in the president backpedaling by the afternoon.

dumb ass.

Obama says private sector "doing fine" - YouTube

The man is out to lunch....................

hes already walked it back.....

With Republicans seizing upon remarks he made earlier in the day that “the private sector is doing fine” – arguing that they show a president out of touch with an ailing economy — President Obama sought to clarify his remarks Friday afternoon.

“It’s absolutely clear the economy is not doing fine,” the president said while sitting alongside Philippines President Benigno Aquino in the Oval Office. “That’s the reason I had a press conference. That’s why I spent yesterday, the day before yesterday, this past week, this past month and this past year talking about how we can make the economy stronger. The economy is not doing fine. There are too many people out of work. The housing market is still weak, too many homes underwater and that’s precisely why I asked Congress to start taking some steps that can make a difference.”…

President Obama Clarifies “Private Sector Is Doing Fine” Remarks - ABC News

:lol:

It would seem that Obama can't decide if the economy's doing fine or not as it was just hours ago that we were told that the private sector was doing fine. Does anyone remember team Obama's reaction to John McCain saying that the fundamentals of the economy were fine?"

Karma sure can be a bitch. :lol:

Obama: Let me be clear, the economy’s not doing fine

You know it’s a five-alarm fire when the damage control can’t wait two days for Axelrod’s obligatory dreary appearance on the Sunday shows. Status of America’s pain: Felt.

Obama: Let me be clear, the economy’s not doing fine « Hot Air

CfakepathObama_Angu%20(14)212_20120608_195847.jpg
The private sector, IS, doing fine...​

First they make Bill Clinton eat his words and then Obama has to snack on his own. Do you think someone in his administration might learn what they're doing 3.5 years into the job?

Forum List

Back