Los Angeles mayor is asking rich people to buy houses for the homeless. Think they'll do it?

This should be interesting.

LOL

“We are asking the most fortunate Angelenos to participate in this effort, with personal, private sector and philanthropic funds – to help us acquire more properties, lower the cost of capital and speed up housing,” Bass explained. “This is the mission of our new capital campaign, LA4LA.”

Okay , so this might be a ploy, but one to have the rich offer to buy him off by campaign support and other projects. "You do this for me and I will stop with that home-buying pitch" Pelosi, senator Warren, Bernie Sanders, and esp Biden have all done similar things

hahahahahaha
Yet there are high rise apartments, and the more you build, the more the price of housing goes down.

Again, your idea that people can not live in a high rise because there are Earthquakes is proven ignorant by the tens of thousands of people that live in high rise apartments throughout california.

More proof that Democrats do not have the education to solve problems.
They live in high rises because they can afford to live in buildings that have been built according to earthquake standards. This is not affordable housing nor will it ever be affordable housing.

read the comment you are responding to
but seeings how you brought it up
The rich already provide millions of homes for Americans. Millions! Now you expect them to step in and do more?
I think we are misunderstanding each other here. I do not think the rich should provide homes for anyone.

People who consistently make poor life choices often end up with poor lives. Having a family has nothing to do with it, although it may be a contributing factor if you can’t afford kids.

It’s not a matter of what I think should or shouldn’t happen, it’s just a fact of life. You make dumb choices, bad things result. It doesn’t mean you can’t purchase a home, but it certainly makes it more difficult.
That is a callous way at looking at a problem.

A poor choice in life should not result in homelessness. It does matter what you think because too many have that callous view of homelessness.

Much homelessness is a result of the lack of housing in areas of the USA with a huge population.

But yes, look at the title of the OP, you arguing that the rich must give houses away for free? Yet the rich are not allowed to build those homes where the homeless are?

No offence intended, but your ideology will never ever solve the problems of the lack of housing in Los Angeles.

Charity is not the solution,, but it's worth noting that this is another attempt to fulfill the need for social reform in America.
Charity isn’t a “solution” for a “problem” not of our making ,,

And there is no need for social reform in America.

And as already noted, the input of some yutz foreigner isn’t really needed here.

That is a callous way at looking at a problem.

A poor choice in life should not result in homelessness. It does matter what you think because too many have that callous view of homelessness.

Much homelessness is a result of the lack of housing in areas of the USA with a huge population.

But yes, look at the title of the OP, you arguing that the rich must give houses away for free? Yet the rich are not allowed to build those homes where the homeless are?

No offence intended, but your ideology will never ever solve the problems of the lack of housing in Los Angeles.
I’m simply stating that the wealthy didn’t become that way by making poor decisions, like buying homes for the homeless. You don’t have to agree.

They live in high rises because they can afford to live in buildings that have been built according to earthquake standards. This is not affordable housing nor will it ever be affordable housing.
They are not affordable, because not enough are built. Less housing results in the few that are built being in higher demand, which results in higher prices.

Of course, if the government wanted to, the government could spend a trillion dollars on high rise apartments. Just like they spend a trillion dollars on building high rise wind turbines which provide no benefit.

Supply and demand, no supply, high demand, equals high prices.

Forum List

Back