Obama requests $500M for Syria opposition

Do you agree with President Obama's Proposal?

• I'm a Democrat: Yes I agree.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a Libertarian: Yes I agree.

• I'm an Independent: Yes I agree.

• Total voters

Pheonixops

Proud Liberal
Jan 27, 2012
On the tennis courts
Now, I will say; at least he put it before Congress. I hope he actually does the same if he wants deploy troops back to Iraq. This is one of the problems I have with the current Administration, I don't like their interventionist foreign policy, it's the same problem I had with the previous Administration.

I don't think that we should be sending ANY money, arms, or assistance to the Syrian rebels. How did that work out before? Where do you stand on this?

http://www.wvec.com/home/Obama-requests-500M-for-Syria-opposition-264917261.html

Last edited:
I think that one of the best things that President Obama did, was to bring this before Congress and let them vote on it. Then it will be on record. In my opinion, something like this and other actions that may involve our military, should be bought before Congress.

Well Obama is about 3 years to late on this issue.

He has already let things spiral out of control and the world suffers because the far left can not admit they were wrong!

Regarding foreign policy and civil liberties, I really don't see a big difference between this Administration and the previous Administration. You can add Congress as well.

For the people who agree with sending 500 million dollars to these people, why do you want to send money, arms, etc. to these people when it didn't work out before and ISIS allegedly profited from it?

>>>Obama requests $500M for Syria opposition<<<

Oh well, it's only $500 million more that we'll have to borrow from China. Besides, we should be able to pay off our national debt in about a thousand years.

>>>Obama requests $500M for Syria opposition<<<

Oh well, it's only $500 million more that we'll have to borrow from China. Besides, we should be able to pay off our national debt in about a thousand years.

It's funny that you say that, especially when:
"China already buys nearly half the oil that Iraq produces, nearly 1.5 million barrels a day, and is angling for an even bigger share, bidding for a stake now owned by Exxon Mobil in one of Iraq’s largest oil fields.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/03/w...its-of-iraq-oil-boom.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Why isn't China sending the rebels any money? Is China sending any "advisers" or troops there t assist the Iraqi government? Has Iraq paid us back any money from their oil sales?

So it's good to arm the civilian population in Syria to fight against their government, but here in America, the land of the "free," we need gun control because apparently we are more dangerous than Syrian rebels.

That aside, have we not learned our lesson from doing this kind of stupid bullshit? How many tribes and factions have we financed arms to over the past 50 years only to have it come back and bite us in the ass years down the road?

Send me the $500 million.

I could take that and turn it into a small fortune! :lol:

Here we are up to Our asses in debt and they are proposing to give 500 million to people who already or will eventually HATE US. What the fuck is that? I say let them kill each other and we will clean up the ones left over who want to do us harm. Other OPEC nations have had to cut back their production due to Iraq's high output of petroleum.

I will say that you reply reminded me of this song (I'm not saying that you are like this).

This is how these people will try to fool us.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it's good to arm the civilian population in Syria to fight against their government, but here in America, the land of the "free," we need gun control because apparently we are more dangerous than Syrian rebels.

That aside, have we not learned our lesson from doing this kind of stupid bullshit? How many tribes and factions have we financed arms to over the past 50 years only to have it come back and bite us in the ass years down the road?

Excellent points. I think that we should focus more on ISSUES instead of partisan type of bullshit. If you look at the poll above, you can see how this can transcend party lines.

Now, I will say; at least he put it before Congress. I hope he actually does the same if he wants deploy troops back to Iraq. This is one of the problems I have with the current Administration, I don't like their interventionist foreign policy, it's the same problem I had with the previous Administration.

I don't think that we should be sending ANY money, arms, or assistance to the Syrian rebels. How did that work out before? Where do you stand on this?

Obama requests $500M for Syria opposition | WVEC.com Norfolk - Hampton Roads

I would have been supportive of this if they had done it when the uprising first started and it was pro democracy rebels now you have so many radicals in Syria it's almost impossible to know the players without a scorecard. Today your as likely to be giving money or weapons to ISIS and there supporters as you are any pro democracy rebels.

I would have been supportive of this if they had done it when the uprising first started and it was pro democracy rebels now you have so many radicals in Syria it's almost impossible to know the players without a scorecard. Today your as likely to be giving money or weapons to ISIS and there supporters as you are any pro democracy rebels.

Whose to say that those "pro-democracy" rebels were really "pro-democracy"? What type of "democracy" were they advocating?

Whose to say that those "pro-democracy" rebels were really "pro-democracy"? What type of "democracy" were they advocating?

The reporting at the time indicated they were pro western could we be 100 percent sure about that no but they seem a better option than Assad or ISIS.

Forum List

Back