Obama pulls the, "because someone, somewhere, sometime did something worse"

Obama was bang on.

Here is how I put this same type of post.

Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Christianity used to do?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/charlie-hebdo-pope-slams-deviant-forms-of-religion-in-wake-of-paris-attacks-9971981.html

Compare the tactics of Islam to those of Christianity when it ushered in the Dark Ages and Inquisition.

Are those tactics and ways not the same and does that not say that all idol worshipping religions, especially Christianity and Islam, are evil?

I also just found this.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/15/pope-francis-limits-to-freedom-of-expression

It seems strange that he would advocate violence against words and then try to restrict the freedom of speech that society has worked so hard to bring to all nations and peoples.

This was insulting enough to this blogger, who is usually quite civil and funny and never curses, to act out of character.

https://richarddawkins.net/2015/01/the-way-of-the-mister-fuck-the-pope/

Regards
DL

Your post seems a bit disjointed. The first link did not seem to say much. The video was an interest statement that he believed there was no Jesus but seemed to really say we should follow all religions, or something like that. Almost seemed what you really was hoping to get out of the post is for us to watch the Fuck the Pope video, which I did. It was OK but I always find it a bit awkward when the speaker is talking directly to the camera and using the pronoun 'you' but is referring to someone specific, and a little secret, I'm not the pope. In the whole of it I saw not supporting evidence for Obama to be bang on.

We should be flattered. I think Obama reads the USMB. He just pulled the justification of Islamic Extremism as the, "because someone, somewhere, sometime did something worse". A tactic we here on the message board know well. Apparently we should not be so quick to judge cafe bombers, or marathon bombers, because of the Crusades in the eleventh century or the Spanish Inquisition in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries or the KKK in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.

As much as I think I can grasp I still find it mind boggling that the President would state the Crusades, the Inquisition, and the KKK represent core qualities of Christianity. I respect the office of the President but other than that this person has definitely gone off my dinner invitations. And seriously Huffington Post? WTF
Breaking Down President Obama s Point About Christian Crusades and Islamic Extremism Jay Michaelson

(As far as you fellow board members; This is all over the 'Twitterverse' but not one thread here? Shame, shame.)

Odd that he left out the Ottoman Empire slaughters and Mohammad. Who killed more people, Mohammad or Jesus? In fact Obama is quite proud of his kill list. Jesus had no such list.

We should be flattered. I think Obama reads the USMB. He just pulled the justification of Islamic Extremism as the, "because someone, somewhere, sometime did something worse". A tactic we here on the message board know well. Apparently we should not be so quick to judge cafe bombers, or marathon bombers, because of the Crusades in the eleventh century or the Spanish Inquisition in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries or the KKK in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.

As much as I think I can grasp I still find it mind boggling that the President would state the Crusades, the Inquisition, and the KKK represent core qualities of Christianity. I respect the office of the President but other than that this person has definitely gone off my dinner invitations. And seriously Huffington Post? WTF
Breaking Down President Obama s Point About Christian Crusades and Islamic Extremism Jay Michaelson

(As far as you fellow board members; This is all over the 'Twitterverse' but not one thread here? Shame, shame.)

Odd that he left out the Ottoman Empire slaughters and Mohammad. Who killed more people, Mohammad or Jesus? In fact Obama is quite proud of his kill list. Jesus had no such list.
From Obama the presidential candidate in 2008 to the Obama of today I think aliens had something to it. o_O

Many of the Popes and the protestant kings, princes, and dukes had impressive kill lists.

So did the Pilgrim and Puritan and Christians in the American West.

Forum List

Back