Obama or Romney?

Joshuatree

VIP Member
Apr 4, 2012
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows President Obama attracting support from 50% of voters nationwide, while Mitt Romney earns the vote from 47%. Two percent (2%) prefer some other candidate, and two percent (2%) are undecided. See daily tracking history.

Four years ago today, Rasmussen Reports tracking showed Obama leading John McCain by a 51% to 45% margin. The numbers barely budged for the rest of the campaign season. In Rasmussen polling, Obama enjoyed a comfortable lead and stayed between 50% and 52% every day for the last 40 days.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Who is going to be elected, Obama or Romney? At this point I think it's hard to predict, but I think that:

1) If Obama wins this time, it's definitely going to be closer than it was in 2008.

2) Undoubtfully, the "47%" controversy has hurt Mitt Romney since he was doing better in the polls before that thing emerged.

3) On the other hand, Obama is much more vulnerable this time than he was in 2008. In 2008 McCain couldn't close the gap because Obama was "hope and change" and there were huge expectations on him. This time around Obama has a record and it's not a very good one.

4) The debates will be a golden opportunity for Romney to turn the tables on Obama, otherwise Obama will be able to keep the advantage he has now until the election and get reelected.

Mitt is going to step up and discuss the 47% comment at the debates and from then on, Obama will be down by 10%.

I think when you factor Rassmussen's 4 point Republican bias - we're a lot closer to last election than many want to admit. In 2008 Rassmussen had the race a dead heat on September 17. Less than a week later he showed Obama up by 5 points.

We'll see if he makes an equivalent correction this time around.

Mitt knows the 47% comment is crucial, he also know we can't kick the can down the road on entitlements anymore. He said it, most of the country knows how fucked we are and he knows he has to address it head on. He did not become successful by bullshitting people.

In August 2011 Obama threatened to withhold Social Security payment to seniors unless he got his way on the Debt Ceiling. It needs to be highlighted and addressed

Forum List

Back