Obama: I 'pulled our country back from the brink'- Yes, the brink of a real recovery

Prove that the economy would have been better without Obama as president for the past 2.5 years. That's what those that support the OP have to do. You have to prove your assertion.

If Obama doesn't win in 2008 who would have won? McCain

What would McCain's policies have done to the economy?

Really your assertion when taken at face value
is that it would not have mattered who was elected

Do you really think this is going to be enough for Papa Obama
to get reelected?

Proof
the proof is the current economic state we are in

Even Papa Obama is aware of the harmful effects of his policies

Why do you think he is pulling back the EPA

He does not want more job killing regulations hurting his reelections chances, even more

My assertion is he brought us back from the brink, but I'm not the OP. The OP states Obama stopped "real recovery". Who would have enacted the "real recovery" and how?

Considering real unemployment is hovering around 15%, the Dollar is worthless, inflation is rampant and we are now $15,000,000,000,000 in debt and our debt rating has been downgraded and markets are shakey.... I'd say your assertion is utter bullshit.

Recovery.gov - Tracking the Money

Also

The tea leaves are clear: The Great Recession will not be a second Great Depression. And, as I argue below, President Obama’s stimulus package, though imperfect, deserves a great deal of credit for bringing us back to the positive trajectory we’re on today. Any reasonable grader of the stimulus’s effects on driving recovery and combating joblessness would give the stimulus at least a B+. In the pages that follow, I first outline the size and contours of the government’s response to the recession, paying specific attention to how this response does and does not differ from government policy in recessions past. I distinguish between standard and nonstandard responses, that is, policies typical of those in other post-war recessions and those that are unusual. Then I consider the success of the policies and the public’s surprisingly hostile reaction to them. Voters’ sour views on the stimulus make it unlikely Congress will extend or expand the program, even if the economy takes a turn for the worse.

http://www.brookings.edu/articles/2010/0817_stimulus_success_burtless.aspx

Last edited:
Obama: I 'pulled our country back from the brink'- Yes, the brink of a real recovery

Papa Obama today in trying to rewrite history in hopes
of helping him against the increasing odds that he will not
be reelected said:

"In the last several years, we have pulled our country back from the brink, through a series of tough economic decisions,"

But as we all know, he and his leftist policies are the cause of the continuing
problems. After the dismal jobs report showing zero job growth
Charles Krauthammer, said it best,
“Obama Is President Zero – zero economic expansion, zero jobs, zero ideas on how to cure the economy.”
Krauthammer went on to say the president’s speech on Thursday is a campaign speech.

“He doesn’t understand that his administration has stopped the economy in its tracks.”

"This has never been asked of Obama and never answered, so far as I know. And chances are he won’t answer it definitively when he unveils his new jobs program before a joint session of Congress this week."

"But there are big clues from his prior policies and the batch of ideas now emanating from the White House. The president believes government is the premier job creator. Why? One reason is government understands markets better than the private sector, so long as the right people are in charge, like Obama himself."
Charles Krauthammer: 'President Zero' good name for Obama. - YouTube

I don't think there was a recovery???? We have remained above 9% unemployment since Obama took office--real unemployment is actually 11.2%--as they don't count the people who have been kicked off the rolls--and no longer receive unemployment checks. Then we have another 25% of this country that is considered underemployed--either working temporary or part-time jobs.

SO JUST WHAT RECOVERY IS THIS ECONOMIC MORON TALKING ABOUT? There never was one.

$fore.jpg

Really your assertion when taken at face value
is that it would not have mattered who was elected

Do you really think this is going to be enough for Papa Obama
to get reelected?

Proof
the proof is the current economic state we are in

Even Papa Obama is aware of the harmful effects of his policies

Why do you think he is pulling back the EPA

He does not want more job killing regulations hurting his reelections chances, even more

My assertion is he brought us back from the brink, but I'm not the OP. The OP states Obama stopped "real recovery". Who would have enacted the "real recovery" and how?

Considering real unemployment is hovering around 15%, the Dollar is worthless, inflation is rampant and we are now $15,000,000,000,000 in debt and our debt rating has been downgraded and markets are shakey.... I'd say your assertion is utter bullshit.

Now prove that this is worse than if Obama's policies were never enacted. Because that is the premise of the OP and this thread. Would the economy be in a better place today if Obama wasn't elected? Please provide proof.

Comrades

perhaps it is time for the White House to create another email/website to report fellow citizens
who do not agree with the economic success of our Most Great Leader, Papa Obama.

Yes yes, chocolate rations have gone up to 25% !

Until such time, we must still use
[email protected].

It is still available

Indeed, something fishy is about us

Last edited:

Now prove that this is worse than if Obama's policies were never enacted. Because that is the premise of the OP and this thread. Would the economy be in a better place today if Obama wasn't elected? Please provide proof.

Prove what? It is worse since his reign of ineptitude and corruption began. Do you not read?

BTW.... if not for Bush, space aliens would have destroyed Planet Earth.

:lol:

The real question

Would Hillary have done a better job?
God knows, she could not have done any worse
:eusa_whistle:

I was happy that Hilary didn't win the nomination.I voted for McCain even though I wasn't all that happy with him.If it was meant to be that a Democrat was going to win based on all the hatred for Bush.This country would have been in better shape had Hilary won..

This big speech coming up I'm hearing will be a real snoozer.He will release little
proposals up until his election teasing the country that he has a way to get the economy going if he gets elected again...

Prove what? It is worse since his reign of ineptitude and corruption began. Do you not read?

It couldn't be any worse

It couldn't be any worse

It couldn't be any worse

Actually the premise is that things like zero job growth and Papa Obama's claims
that he saved us don't mix

But if you want to believe that "chocolate rations went up 25%"
It is your story and you can tell it any way you want

I'm sure all the unemployed are happy that they have it so
good under Papa Obama

Granted under Reagan, the economy was just as bad, if not worse
and things improved a lot faster not following Papa Obama's policies
but why let history stop us...

The good news

Space aliens did not invade us since Papa Obama has been elected

Last edited:
It couldn't be any worse

Actually the premise is that things like zero job growth and Papa Obama's claims

good under Papa Obama

From the OP:

Papa Obama today in trying to rewrite history in hopes of helping him against the increasing odds that he will not be reelected said:

"In the last several years, we have pulled our country back from the brink, through a series of tough economic decisions,"

But as we all know, he and his leftist policies are the cause of the continuing problems. After the dismal jobs report showing zero job growth Charles Krauthammer, said it best,

good under Papa Obama

From the OP:

Papa Obama today in trying to rewrite history in hopes of helping him against the increasing odds that he will not be reelected said:

But as we all know, he and his leftist policies are the cause of the continuing problems. After the dismal jobs report showing zero job growth Charles Krauthammer, said it best,

Exactly

zero job growth and claiming he "saved us"
don't mix

All the indicators are going in the wrong direction

What did we need saving from\...
a positive job growth ?

Sorry but Papa Obama is going to need more than...

"Our economy would be getting worse faster if
if was not for me"

to get reelected
Perhaps, he can still blame Bush

good under Papa Obama

From the OP:

Exactly

don't mix

a positive job growth ?

if was not for me"

to get reelected

From the OP:

Exactly

don't mix

a positive job growth ?

if was not for me"

to get reelected

No that is what you want the premise to be
just like you want to believe that Papa Obama
saved us

The premise is that zero job growth and all indicators going in
the wrong direction do not make for his false claim of "saving"

The "proof" is in the indicators
the burden is for those who claim that he saved us
How did he save us?

Exactly how is a zero job growth saving us ?

Last edited:
Exactly

don't mix

a positive job growth ?

if was not for me"

to get reelected

No that is what you want the premise to be
just like you want to believe that Papa Obama
saved us

The premise is that zero job growth and all indicators going in
the wrong direction do not make for his false claim of "saving"

The "proof" is in the indicators
the burden is for those who claim that he saved us
How did he save us?

Forum List

Back