Obama hunting: is it a violent image?

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
The Idaho GOP's Pro-Militia Candidate | Mother Jones

Idaho veterinarian, elk rancher, and political hopeful Rex Rammell first attracted national attention last year when he joked about buying "Obama tags" to hunt the president. Now the conservative activist is running to be the GOP's candidate for governor of Idaho. His platform? Revving up right-wing militias so they are "prepared" to deal with the growing threats to freedom posed by a federal government bent on "socializing" the country.

On ABC's "Nightline" on Tuesday, Rammell explained why it's reasonable for those unhappy with the Obama administration to threaten violence:

“I don't think anyone would argue that America is getting more and more enemies all of the time—both foreign and domestic," said Rammell. "I think the way politics is going in the United States and the Tea Party movement—the whole atmosphere promotes people wanting to get prepared. And I think that is what this is about...

"It's because of the current administration's politics—the more they force upon the states, the more noise there is," Rammell said. "The more concern people have, the less freedom there is. Lots of Idahoans believe the health care bill is very intrusive on our individual rights. ... We are not going to allow them to come into the state and make what we believe are unconstitutional mandates. Even if they can get them passed in D.C., we are not going to all that to happen. These guys want to show a little force behind the scene... I don't have a problem with that."

I have a question.

I did not read each of the links in the first three posts, but I did read most of the OP.

But, how the heck did he get away with making a comment about hunting the President? That sounds like a threat to me, inappropriate and joke or not, not funny.

Immie

When dealing with someone from Idaho, just smile and nod. It is just better to ignore their comments, otherwise you spend a lot of time pissed off. Trust me, I am related to half the state. :redface:

Idaho veterinarian, elk rancher, and political hopeful Rex Rammell first attracted national attention last year when he joked about buying "Obama tags" to hunt the president. Now the conservative activist is running to be the GOP's candidate for governor of Idaho. His platform? Revving up right-wing militias so they are "prepared" to deal with the growing threats to freedom posed by a federal government bent on "socializing" the country.

On ABC's "Nightline" on Tuesday, Rammell explained why it's reasonable for those unhappy with the Obama administration to threaten violence:

“I don't think anyone would argue that America is getting more and more enemies all of the time—both foreign and domestic," said Rammell. "I think the way politics is going in the United States and the Tea Party movement—the whole atmosphere promotes people wanting to get prepared. And I think that is what this is about...

"It's because of the current administration's politics—the more they force upon the states, the more noise there is," Rammell said. "The more concern people have, the less freedom there is. Lots of Idahoans believe the health care bill is very intrusive on our individual rights. ... We are not going to allow them to come into the state and make what we believe are unconstitutional mandates. Even if they can get them passed in D.C., we are not going to all that to happen. These guys want to show a little force behind the scene... I don't have a problem with that."

:cuckoo:

More leftist sensationalism.

:lol: If you only knew.

Rex Rammell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In August 2009, during the heated August recess that witnessed many angry town hall meetings over Obama's proposed health care legislation, Rammell was briefly involved in a controversy when the media reported that he had joked about seeking a license to hunt Obama. The controversy stemmed from a Republican event that Rammell had attended in Twin Falls, Idaho where he was speaking to a group of sportsmen about the upcoming wolf hunt when a woman in the audience asked, "what about Obama tags" and Rammell jokingly replied, "yeah, we'd buy some of those". Barack Obama[2].

Okay, then it is not exactly as presented in the OP, but I find it inappropriate to say the least that he would have answered in that manner and I wonder what happened to the woman who shouted out.

However, note: this is a Wikipedia link without source documents and not particularly reliable.

Immie

:lol: If you only knew.

I've forgotten more than you'll ever know.

Obama hunting: is it a violent image?

Depends... Is he hunched over with his knuckles dragging along the ground run-hopping?

Is he a cartoon character on a TV screen?

Is he running off with MY money?

Details.. We need details.

In August 2009, during the heated August recess that witnessed many angry town hall meetings over Obama's proposed health care legislation, Rammell was briefly involved in a controversy when the media reported that he had joked about seeking a license to hunt Obama. The controversy stemmed from a Republican event that Rammell had attended in Twin Falls, Idaho where he was speaking to a group of sportsmen about the upcoming wolf hunt when a woman in the audience asked, "what about Obama tags" and Rammell jokingly replied, "yeah, we'd buy some of those". Barack Obama[2].

Okay, then it is not exactly as presented in the OP, but I find it inappropriate to say the least that he would have answered in that manner and I wonder what happened to the woman who shouted out.

However, note: this is a Wikipedia link without source documents and not particularly reliable.

Immie

That is what happened, and he apologized for it after awhile.
I live about 30 minutes from the Idaho border, and northern Idaho gets their news from us so we heard about this for days. :(
Like I said before, you learn to ignore what some say who are from Idaho.

I don't think the left in this country will be happy until they shut down our Freedoms of Speech.

especially if it has anything to do with "this President"

Immie

I live about 30 minutes from the Idaho border, and northern Idaho gets their news from us so we heard about this for days. :(

I wonder... if I had made a similar statement... which I would never do, do you think an apology and claim that it was only a joke, would be enough to keep me from prison or at the very least near the top of the government's "suspected terrorists" list?

And I don't only mean with President Obama. I mean with any president.

Immie

Immie

I wonder... if I had made a similar statement... which I would never do, do you think an apology would be enough to keep me from prison or at the very least near the top of the government's "suspected terrorists" list?

And I don't only mean with President Obama. I mean with any president.

Immie

You might get your phone tapped, but I doubt you would be arrested.

What is Obama hunting, moose, elk, rabbits?

If he wants to be more like Sarah Palin, maybe instead of hunting he can try wearing tampons.

Forum List

Back