Obama, Hillary, and Race

outlier

Jul 8, 2017
How many more votes did Obama get for being black in 2008 and 2012 than it cost him? was it enough to swing the elections? How many more votes did Hillary lose for being white than she gained? Did they lose it for her?

How many more votes did Obama get for being black in 2008 and 2012 than it cost him? was it enough to swing the elections? How many more votes did Hillary lose for being white than she gained? Did they lose it for her?

That is a complex question.

In order to determine the answer, one would have to determine what percentage of voters voted strictly on skin color.

That is a challenge.

Did I vote for McCain and Romney because of their skin color, or did I vote for them because I am more aligned with their policies?

I voted for Trump.

I also voted for Daryl Glen for Senate.

He is a black retired Air Force captain who ran for Senate in Colorado and lost.

Am I racist? What was my motivation for both votes?

The advantages Hillary had in the last election were so enormous, it is absurd to look at this little factor or that little factor losing it for her. That was like a pro team losing to a college team. It should never have happened but thank God and Karma it did!

That is a complex question.

In order to determine the answer, one would have to determine what percentage of voters voted strictly on skin color.

That is a challenge.

Did I vote for McCain and Romney because of their skin color, or did I vote for them because I am more aligned with their policies?

I think a lot of blacks voted for Obama who wouldn't have voted at all if he had been white. I think a lot of these same blacks who didn't bother to vote in 2016 would
have voted for Hillary if she were black. I think their not voting at all likely cost her the election. I think if you throw in former black Obama voters who weren't going to vote anyhow, but had a preference, she might have won even bigger.

Forum List

Back