Obama had full control of Congress??? Placing this myth to rest ...

Only if you will hold Obama to the same standard to which you are holding Trump but we all know that will never happen

You're wrong......I am a strong critic of Obama for trying to reach way too much with the other side of the aisle who SWORE.....from the very beginning.... to undermine any of his efforts......

Obama was way too soft on his opponents and political enemies.
So you were critical of Obama for trying to work with the senate to try to keep his campaign promises

You need some serious therapy

For his 1st 2 years in office he had a near Super Majority-controlled Congress...and when that ran out he began Un-Constitutionally by-passing Congress.

As many of us are itching to see which....if any....of Trump's promises he will address and fulfill, right wingers are readily offering the "example" that Obama also had FULL control of Congress during his first 2 years and wasn't able to address HIS promises.

THIS IS A MYTH !!!! Obama had full control of Congress for less than FOUR MONTHS during that period.

Although it was only 8 years ago, many of us forget the flimsy majority that Obama had in 2008-2009.
We forget that Ted Kennedy was ill and prior to his death, he could not be part of Congress. We forget that Al Franken from MN was challenged for many months and could not attend Congress......We forget that Byrd was also severely sick during that period and also could not be part of Congress....

Bottom line: Obama could not fulfill many of his promises because his dominance of Congress was extremely short lived (even those 4 months when he had a majority, those 4 months were mostly during recess and holidays' season.)

Conversely, Trump has virtual control of both the executive AND legislative branches.....So, we will see if his promises were bullshit or not......We WILL be watching.
LOL...well we CAN'T WAIT for you to watch. I'd suggest MSLSD or the Clinton News Network for you.

So you were critical of Obama for trying to work with the senate to try to keep his campaign promises

Let's be serious here.......I....for one.....would NEVER try to work with a McConnell who swore to make me a one-term president.....Instead I would have kicked the ass of that triple-chinned idiot all over the senate........But Obama is a better person than I could ever be.....

BTW, do you expect Trump to compromise with some of Chuck Schumer's wishes? Yes or No?

Let's be serious here.......I....for one.....would NEVER try to work with a McConnell who swore to make me a one-term president.....Instead I would have kicked the ass of that triple-chinned idiot all over the senate........But Obama is a better person than I could ever be.....
So I guess it's not just republicans that are obstructionists

And FYI Obama didn't really work with anyone he was a petulant child who would rather make snarky comments when he didn't get his way than compromise

BTW, do you expect Trump to compromise with some of Chuck Schumer's wishes? Yes or No?
I don't expect anything of him.

But then again to get anything done one must compromise which is why Obama failed at getting so much of what he wanted done

Forum List

Back