Obama fired Inspector General for EXACTLY the same reason Trump did. No outrage.

You guys are talking about the wrong IG

Reports say Trump removed Glenn Fine from his role as the acting inspector general, meaning the career government official is now ineligible to serve on the stimulus oversight board charged with monitoring spending and preventing any mishandling of the public’s relief funds.

By law, only current inspectors general can serve on the audit panel.
Yes, but I thought the thread was about Atkinson. If what Obama did with Walpin was improper, so was what Trump did with Atkinson. But Obama ultimately nominated the person who is still the IG to replace Walpin, and she seems well qualified. I think Trump's replacement for Atkinson is respected. It's just an odd thread in that defening one action by criticizing the other is a sophomoric insult to the logical tool of compare and contrast. LOL

But removing Glenn Fine is very scary. No one is watching the cash register.

Seems like we have yet another double standard from the libtard press when it comes to the treatment of Trump vs Barry Hussein.

Kudos to MeBelle . I stole this from her.

Obama fires AmeriCorps’ inspector general

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama says he has lost confidence in the inspector general who investigates AmeriCorps and other national service programs and has told Congress he is removing him from the position.

Obama's move follows an investigation

by IG Gerald Walpin

finding misuse of federal grants by a nonprofit education group led by Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson, who is an Obama supporter and former NBA basketball star.
The firing “follows an investigation “

that’s NOT what happened here

FAIL

Following an investigation conducted by IG Gerald Walpin - Obama fires Walpin.

Now if you really want to argue about this, I'm game.

I lived through this episode of democratic crime .... it's 30 minutes down the street from me.

Well now we see where Quid Pro Joe learned how to fire the Ukrainian prosecutor

So, I'm curious MeBelle. Not about noxious nostra, but why if what Obama did was wrong ( and it may really have been wrong, and was certainly wrong in how it was done) does that make Trump's firing of Atkinson "right?"

I'm not saying what Obama did was wrong, because it wasn't.

Obama, like Trump, used the EXACT same 'reason' as to why they both fired IG's.
IG's serve at the leisure of the President.

So, I'm curious MeBelle. Not about noxious nostra, but why if what Obama did was wrong ( and it may really have been wrong, and was certainly wrong in how it was done) does that make Trump's firing of Atkinson "right?"

Thank you, and I agree. Maybe our apparent difference is just that I'm not really outraged over Atkinson, and I certainly wasn't outraged over Walpin. Walpin was politically active in the Federalist Society, and supported Guiliani publicly. That's not really a good thing for an IG to do. And then Walpin went after a friend of Obama, and there was never any showing of any intent to steal money. The money got paid back and everyone was happy, sort of. But the reasons Obama gave were suspect, at best. But I don't think a president has to allow a person to be an IG if they think there's personal bias in the guy. Walpin's successor was no political hack. And I don't see any reason to knee jerk to thinking Atkinson's replacement is a bad guy.

I am much more concerned about Trump moving towards less transparency in the stimulus money and what he's up to with medical equipment. And that's not to say Obama was above hiding stuff either.

Seems like we have yet another double standard from the libtard press when it comes to the treatment of Trump vs Barry Hussein.

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama says he has lost confidence in the inspector general who investigates AmeriCorps and other national service programs and has told Congress he is removing him from the position.

Obama's move follows an investigation by IG Gerald Walpin finding misuse of federal grants by a nonprofit education group led by Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson, who is an Obama supporter and former NBA basketball star.

Hmmm......not the same as firing the IG who investigated your actions

Obama's move follows an investigation by IG Gerald Walpin finding misuse of federal grants by a nonprofit education group led by Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson, who is an Obama supporter and former NBA basketball star.

Hmmm......not the same as firing the IG who investigated your actions

You're right.

Firing an IG for investigating your political friends .....

Obama's move follows an investigation by IG Gerald Walpin finding misuse of federal grants by a nonprofit education group led by Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson, who is an Obama supporter and former NBA basketball star

Trumps reason for firing the IG was because he dared to investigate and report on Trumps “favor” request.

Obama’s reason was he was not satisfied with his work

Not the same thing

I am much more concerned about Trump moving towards less transparency in the stimulus money and what he's up to with medical equipment. And that's not to say Obama was above hiding stuff either.

I'm sure Nancy will appoint someone to oversee the stimulus monies.
But who will oversee the appointee?

One thing that has stood out for me during this CV crisis is Trump's adherence to state rights.

I'm fairly confident Trump will make sure states are stocked up for the next catastrophe.

Trumps reason for firing the IG was because he dared to investigate and report on Trumps “favor” request.

Obama’s reason was he was not satisfied with his work

Not the same thing

Wrong!

Both Obama and Trump stated:

... lost confidence in the inspector general...

Whatever was talked about or 'reported' on AFTER is not the OP topic.

Notice that procedure that Obama used. He wrote a notice letter to Nancy Pelosi telling her he was firing the IG, and his reasons for doing so a month before he fired the IG. Senator Grassley questioned the firing and White House Counsel also pointed to criticsm of the IG by the Sacramento Federal Attorney during the investigation.

From the article linked in the OP:

"We also highlighted numerous questions and further investigation they needed to conduct, including the fact that they had not done an audit to establish how much AmeriCorps money was actually misspent," Acting U.S. Attorney Lawrence Brown said in an April 29 letter to the federal counsel of inspectors general.

Walpin's office made repeated public comments just before the Sacramento mayoral election, prompting the U.S. attorney's office to inform the media that it did not intend to file any criminal charges.

I know that every time Trump does something dispicable, he tried to say Obama did it first, but the bald reality is that while Obama may have done things that appear to be similar, Obama followed all of the rules and procedures involved in the process and didn't fire people in the dead of night under the cover of a pandemic so no one could see his corruption.

Notice that procedure that Obama used. He wrote a notice letter to Nancy Pelosi telling her he was firing the IG, and his reasons for doing so a month before he fired the IG. Senator Grassley questioned the firing and White House Counsel also pointed to criticsm of the IG by the Sacramento Federal Attorney during the investigation.

"We also highlighted numerous questions and further investigation they needed to conduct, including the fact that they had not done an audit to establish how much AmeriCorps money was actually misspent," Acting U.S. Attorney Lawrence Brown said in an April 29 letter to the federal counsel of inspectors general.

Walpin's office made repeated public comments just before the Sacramento mayoral election, prompting the U.S. attorney's office to inform the media that it did not intend to file any criminal charges.

I know that every time Trump does something dispicable, he tried to say Obama did it first, but the bald reality is that while Obama may have done things that appear to be similar, Obama followed all of the rules and procedures involved in the process and didn't fire people in the dead of night under the cover of a pandemic so no one could see his corruption.

Really?

How about the guy Obama fired who wasn't even in country at the time?

Trump followed all the rules and procedures also.
You just aren't aware of the rules and procedures.

Maybe we should have had Pelosi overseeing Kevin Johnson's spending of Federal grant monies.

You are full of shit.

This ain't complicated- the POTUS can fire any IG (and lots of other appointees) for any reason or no reason at all, at any time. They serve at the pleasure of the POTUS.

PERIOD.

You are full of shit.

No, I'm not, and that's what drives you crazy. Saying I'm full of shit without proving it, reminds me of something my friend always says: When you point your finger at someone else, there are four pointing back at you.

Don’t confuse with facts, they ruin the narrative.

You are full of shit.

No, I'm not, and that's what drives you crazy. Saying I'm full of shit without proving it, reminds me of something my friend always says: When you point your finger at someone else, there are four pointing back at you.
How many fingers do you moron Canucks have? Or do you not have an opposable thumb?

Forum List

Back