Obama Camp Goes There

That's actually not true.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVonk_OqEUU]Obama Jokes at Jobs Council 'Shovel-Ready Was Not as Shovel-Ready as We Expected' - President Obama - YouTube[/ame]

Hmm. I watched that clip and no where did I see Obama say the Recovery Act didn't work. Did I miss it? At what point does he say what you claim he said?

LOL

You need to stop fluffing Obama when you watch the video. Obama thinks it funny that his Stimulus failed

Hmm. I watched that clip and no where did I see Obama say the Recovery Act didn't work. Did I miss it? At what point does he say what you claim he said?

Maybe i should have just stated, shovel ready jobs weren't shovel ready. Maybe that would clear it up for you, Stupid.

I'm going to assume that was a reference to my ID and not you insulting me. I mean, why would a moderator break the forum rules?

And yes, you should have just said that in the first place since that would have been factually correct. But you didn't want to be factually correct, did you?

'bout fuckin' time, too...

The U.S. Senate is supposed to vote on the American Jobs Act as early as tonight.

It’s a bill that will put people to work immediately, and it contains proposals that members of both parties have said in the past that they’d support.

But Senate Republicans want to block it. Not because they have a plan that creates jobs right now — not one Republican, in Congress or in the presidential race, does. They only have a political plan.

Their strategy is to suffocate the economy for the sake of what they think will be a political victory. They think that the more folks see Washington taking no action to create jobs, the better their chances in the next election. So they’re doing everything in their power to make sure nothing gets done.

There’s still time for principled Republican senators to declare their independence from this kamikaze political strategy. And the only way it can happen is if they hear from constituents like you today.

Obama camp: GOP trying to destroy economy on purpose - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

it's hard for the senate republicans to block it when his own party won't bring it up for a vote.

"Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (Nev.) on Tuesday further distanced his Democratic Conference from President Obama by nixing a major component of the White House’s jobs plan.

Reid said he would revise parts of the proposal that some Senate Democrats have found unpalatable. The Nevada Democrat announced his new strategy on the same day he blocked a Republican effort to force a vote on Obama’s jobs bill. "
Senate Democrats buck Obama on jobs proposal by changing 'pay-fors' - TheHill.com

at least real sheep produce wool. :lol:

What you've posted is the way the system works. Obama won't get everything he wants; Reid won't get everything he and his caucus want; McConnell can't get what he wants until January 2013.

The OP is spot on, the Republican strategy is to make sure there is no economic recovery until a Republican is in the White House.

BTW, real sheep also produce sheepshit.

These people jsut refuse facts.

Just like their leaders they love the republican party more than this country

Maybe i should have just stated, shovel ready jobs weren't shovel ready. Maybe that would clear it up for you, Stupid.

I'm going to assume that was a reference to my ID and not you insulting me. I mean, why would a moderator break the forum rules?

And yes, you should have just said that in the first place since that would have been factually correct. But you didn't want to be factually correct, did you?

Read my sig. ;)

“I realize some Republicans in Washington have said that even if they agreed with the ideas in the American Jobs Act, they’re wary of passing it, because it would give me a win,” Obama said in his speech, delivered at a union training center in the South Side of Pittsburgh. “Give me a win? This is not about giving me a win. … It’s about giving the American people, all of us, together, a win.”

At the same time, though, Obama campaign manager Jim Messina blasted an email to the president’s supporters denouncing Republicans’ opposition to the bill as trying “to suffocate the economy for the sake of what they think will be a political victory. They think that the more folks see Washington taking no action to create jobs, the better their chances in the next election. So they’re doing everything in their power to make sure nothing gets done.”

Messina denounced the Senate GOP’s “kamikaze political strategy” and urged Obama backers to call Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell to ask him not to block a vote on the bill.

“Wait, I thought this wasn’t about politics,” McConnell spokesman Don Stewart retorted. “The White House even said so. And I believed them. I’m so naïve; I feel so used.”

Oh, Mr. Stewart. You are SO funny. Oh. Har. God, my sides.

I need a moment.

Read more: Obama will work with Dems on breaking up jobs bill - Carrie Budoff Brown and Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

Number one, stupid....I'm only a mod when I do mod functions or print in red, the rest of the time I'm a poster, just like you. I didn't print in red did I? Number two, If I'm calling you stupid it isn't breaking any rules whether it be your name or that your just stupid.

Obama admitted that it didn't work....period.

it's hard for the senate republicans to block it when his own party won't bring it up for a vote.

"Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (Nev.) on Tuesday further distanced his Democratic Conference from President Obama by nixing a major component of the White House’s jobs plan.

Reid said he would revise parts of the proposal that some Senate Democrats have found unpalatable. The Nevada Democrat announced his new strategy on the same day he blocked a Republican effort to force a vote on Obama’s jobs bill. "
Senate Democrats buck Obama on jobs proposal by changing 'pay-fors' - TheHill.com

What you've posted is the way the system works. Obama won't get everything he wants; Reid won't get everything he and his caucus want; McConnell can't get what he wants until January 2013.

The OP is spot on, the Republican strategy is to make sure there is no economic recovery until a Republican is in the White House.

To the bolded bit; At the earliest.

Number one, stupid....I'm only a mod when I do mod functions or print in red, the rest of the time I'm a poster, just like you. I didn't print in red did I? Number two, If I'm calling you stupid it isn't breaking any rules whether it be your name or that your just stupid.

I'll need citation for that, kthxbai.

This is a winning political move for Obama. He misread the dynamic of last year's election, has moved to the right as a result, and his approval rating has fallen as a result of that move.

A lot of people made that mistake, buying into the false narrative of a Democratic majority that overreached to the left and provoked a backlash. No such thing occurred. Instead, the Democrats in 2009-10 under-reached, passing an inadequate stimulus, a health-care reform act giving too much to the medical insurance industry, and a consumer-protection act far too friendly to the big banks, and failing to do anything about the campaign finance corruption that is central to the nation's political problems. On top of this were failures of Obama himself at the executive level: Guantanamo is still running, the objectionable parts of the Patriot Act are still law, and our troops are still in harm's way in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Very few people who voted for Obama in 2008 also voted Republican in 2010. But quite a large number of people who voted for Obama in 2008 didn't vote at all in 2010. The Democrats lost the election because they lost the votes of their supporters -- who are to the left of the Democrats, not to their right.

Since the election, until now, Obama has acted on the assumption that the overreach narrative was true, and tried to move to the right to court centrist voters. Since the overreach narrative was false, however, this has worked against him. He has alienated his supporters more, and his approval rating shows it.

The election is a little more than a year away. There is still time -- barely -- for Obama to salvage this. But in order to do so, he has to move to the left, adopt a populist line, and stand firm against big business and the rich. This is a good first step.

i know. i'm in this thread, aren't i?

some lanolin would be nice...

This is a winning political move for Obama. He misread the dynamic of last year's election, has moved to the right as a result, and his approval rating has fallen as a result of that move.

A lot of people made that mistake, buying into the false narrative of a Democratic majority that overreached to the left and provoked a backlash. No such thing occurred. Instead, the Democrats in 2009-10 under-reached, passing an inadequate stimulus, a health-care reform act giving too much to the medical insurance industry, and a consumer-protection act far too friendly to the big banks, and failing to do anything about the campaign finance corruption that is central to the nation's political problems. On top of this were failures of Obama himself at the executive level: Guantanamo is still running, the objectionable parts of the Patriot Act are still law, and our troops are still in harm's way in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Very few people who voted for Obama in 2008 also voted Republican in 2010. But quite a large number of people who voted for Obama in 2008 didn't vote at all in 2010. The Democrats lost the election because they lost the votes of their supporters -- who are to the left of the Democrats, not to their right.

Since the election, until now, Obama has acted on the assumption that the overreach narrative was true, and tried to move to the right to court centrist voters. Since the overreach narrative was false, however, this has worked against him. He has alienated his supporters more, and his approval rating shows it.

The election is a little more than a year away. There is still time -- barely -- for Obama to salvage this. But in order to do so, he has to move to the left, adopt a populist line, and stand firm against big business and the rich. This is a good first step.

you may think his rhetoric is a winning potion, and time will tell, but if it were a political winner Reid would have had the cloture vote and up and down vote already, like weeks ago

In addition if this were a winner, he woud not be constantly alone on stage during his rah rah state swings Ohio, Pennsylvania etc.....not even Casey will share the stage with him in Pittsburgh, not one congresscritter is in attendance, they are all 'traveling'.

he has moved to the left, because its all hes got. you seem to think you live in a left of center country, you may want to check that.

Last edited:

No, he did not. If you claim that he did, please show us the speech or press conference in which he admitted that.

The closest I've heard him come was saying that it wasn't big enough. THAT was the fail. But for it's size, it performed admirably. There is even a WH website showing what all it has accomplished, and continues to accomplish.

Ok. I tried to give you an out, but you didn't want it.

Now you look like an ass. Twice.

No, he did not. If you claim that he did, please show us the speech or press conference in which he admitted that.

When the president, himself says that the shovel ready jobs weren't shovel ready, just what do you extract from that.....without some kind of left spin machine?

Ok. I tried to give you an out, but you didn't want it.

Now you look like an ass. Twice.
Somehow I'll find a way to live with it, stupid.
:lol:

Forum List

Back